Correct ginge Thumbs up

Long live the Sigma 6 Big grin
Team Phase 1 supercharged

XBL ID: farmer uk1
Posted 12th Jun 2009 at 03:30
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
i can also confirm this as i looked earlier.

i should have just text you earlier farmer. Doh

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 12th Jun 2009 at 04:37
farmer

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
Update time again.

Met Ben (6waysforward) yesterday when he came round to weld up the roll cage plates.
Big thanks to him for coming round.

He managed to get 3 of the 6 plates welded in before we ran out of time (and gas and wire lol) so the cage is not yet in the car Sad

The 3 plates that he did weld in though I have wire brushed and primed up now, so we are halfway there with that.

I finished the wiring for the switches and gauge this morning (nothing major, just a bit of splicing) and got all the centre panel bolted in.

Put the drivers bucket back in, and a steering wheel and drivers seatbelt and finally took it out for a drive this afternoon.

Beastly above 3.5k is all I can say. Hav'nt really pushed it tbh as im not sure if the charger sort of needs a bit of a break in period, so im keeping it under 3k mostly, with the odd blip but it sure did suprise me how quickly the numbers go up once you let the revs fly!

A quick fiddle with some bits once I got home (straighten steering wheel, inflate front tyres, cable tie boot shut to stop it opening under braking Roll eyes )and I am set to bring it to the Ace tomorrow Big grin

Think the tracking needs looking at tbh, but that will have to wait until monday week, and there are a few more little bits for me to sort out that im not happy with, but im just happy it all ran first time (engine and wiring)

Ill try and get some pics up this week, but I may not get time until I get home from the BGP next week.

Now with legal numberplate Sad

Posted 17th Jun 2009 at 04:08
mattknowles

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
Awesome!

I bet its a great feeling taking it out for the first time.

Good in the sense that you are finally driving a s/c 6 but nervously listening out for odd noises etc......well thats the way i would be anyway!

Posted 15th Jun 2009 at 21:21
farmer

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
I wouldn't hear any little odd engine noises over the general noise of the car anyway. Need to get rid of some of the holes in the bulkhead and floorpan to stop some wind noise!

Posted 16th Jun 2009 at 23:07
puglover Banned!

Post #56
how you liking the 25mm torsion bars??
Posted 17th Jun 2009 at 00:05
farmer

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
f00king ace on track mate, realistically, its a bit harsh for the road. Can feel every single lump and bump in the road.

Posted 17th Jun 2009 at 04:11
fletch

Track Head

Post #58
Great work Chris Thumbs up
Posted 17th Jun 2009 at 04:14
farmer

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Remaining 3 roll cage plates have been welded into the car now and interior has had a lick of paint. Still needs touching up in a few places, but its looking a lot better now.

All the holes in the bulkhead, floorpan, and rear arches have now been blocked up with some aluminium and sikaflex (magic stuff!) so its now a bit quieter in the car (and dryer hopefully too!)

My DIY boost pipe has been a failure. Managed to get 250 miles out of it before it became totally useless, but im sure that could be extended if you keep off the high revs and are using the car on a cooler day, so it could still be an ideal cheap solution for people looking to get the car running temporarily to get it to a garage to make up the alloy hard piped boost pipework.

Just a shame mine had to give up on the Pugrun, but I suppose atleast I was a lot closer to Lynx then I would normally be!

Hopefully Nick will be able to turn around the pipework fairly swiftly for me so I can get the car back. Will be taking it straight in to H&S for the exhaust when I get it back.

Also today, had some more goodies turn up in the post; a boost gauge and the right sender unit for my oil temps atlast!
Those, along with the roll cage will be going in as soon as I get the car back from Lynx and H&S.

Im hoping I can get it all sorted intime for a trip to the 'Ring towards the end of next month, but I think I am just going to have to wait and see and leave booking anything until last minute.

Ill get some pics up once I get the car back.

Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 03:21
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
Are you trailering it over to Germany Chris? Nice catching up (briefly) with you again btwSmile

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 03:21
farmer

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
Will be driving it over Steve, Ill just have some headphones in with choons for the journey. I cant see me needing a heater in the car tbh, ill just wear a few layers if its cold Dunno

Was good to see you again too mate!

Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 03:23
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
I wanna come!!! Angry Laugh my ass off

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 03:29
fletch

Track Head

Post #63
Shifty
Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 15:55
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #64
no heater = will need heated screen Thumbs up

personally I'd leave the heater in Smile

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 16:00
rikky 🦔

Post #65
heater = gay + heavy

farmer: pm'd regarding heated windscreen

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 16:09
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
Looking good Chris, i had a feeling the boost piping might not work but hey ho its worth a try Yes You getting it fully wleded up at Lynx then?

Gotta get my cage fitted just like that, looks to be a smart job so far Thumbs up Wonder if 6waysforward fancies a trip to South London Whistle

Just Drive It
Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 17:07
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
farmer are you coming to pug fest this weekend??? Brakes??
will be there with 205s16 and my sorrento 205, cant work oiut which one to let the mrs drive!!!?

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 14:58
jimmy_boy

Senior User

Post #68
ONly just seen this thread!!! Dry

Great work Chris! Looking really good so far.

Laugh my ass off @ the drive over to Germany.. proper hardcore like Crazy

Suffer for your art Wink

GTI-6 & Rallye

Rallye gets sideways in the wet at Snetterton Ninja
Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 15:21
farmer

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
welshpug! wrote:
no heater = will need heated screen Thumbs up

personally I'd leave the heater in Smile

Think I may have been unclear on this, the heater matrix was ditched weeks ago, but I was contemplating buying one of those little 12v fan heaters just as a temp. measure until I get my heated front screen sorted out.

Either that, or I did think about putting a 12v computer fan on the underside of the dash to blow air up through the windscreen vent, that would be better then nothing at all.

rallyestyle wrote:
Looking good Chris, i had a feeling the boost piping might not work but hey ho its worth a try Yes You getting it fully wleded up at Lynx then?

Gotta get my cage fitted just like that, looks to be a smart job so far Thumbs up Wonder if 6waysforward fancies a trip to South London Whistle

Yes, car is at Lynx getting that done as well has a few other odds and sods. It may even be finished tomorrow, but I cant pick it up until next week anyway.

I am pleased with how the cage mounts have come out, the 2nd 3 that Ben did were even neater then the 1st 3. They look quite good all painted up now. I am glad I have oversized them as it makes it easier I think (less precise in initial positioning for welding and drill after) and it will spread the load slightly more if the cage does get used...

Obviously im hoping it wont get used though.

Posted 3rd Jul 2009 at 01:25
rikky 🦔

Post #70
needs to be warm air really

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 3rd Jul 2009 at 01:25
farmer

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
There is plenty of warmth there from the heat transfer from the exhaust manifold!

Posted 3rd Jul 2009 at 01:26
farmer

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
jimmy_boy wrote:

Suffer for your art Wink

Cheers Jim Thumbs up

I dont really have anywhere convienent to store a trailor at the moment, nor anything to tow it with, so the car has to remain drivable. It is my runabout for if the mrs is out in the other car.

Posted 3rd Jul 2009 at 01:28
jimmy_boy

Senior User

Post #73
farmer wrote:
jimmy_boy wrote:

Suffer for your art Wink

Cheers Jim Thumbs up

I dont really have anywhere convienent to store a trailor at the moment, nor anything to tow it with, so the car has to remain drivable. It is my runabout for if the mrs is out in the other car.

We're keeping the Rallye road legal too so plenty of back breaking sweaty clothes wearing red bull drinking miles coming up soon! Crazy

I heard through Dave that you will be heading over to Germany in a couple of weeks with us lot? (Or with others but on the same date?) Unsure

GTI-6 & Rallye

Rallye gets sideways in the wet at Snetterton Ninja
Posted 5th Jul 2009 at 06:04
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
quote:

if you drive it to me, it will be cheaper. but if asked nicely, i might drive to you. Thumbs up

chris did you find your number plate on the way home?? LOL

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 6th Jul 2009 at 06:41
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
6waysforward wrote:
quote:

if you drive it to me, it will be cheaper. but if asked nicely, i might drive to you. Thumbs up

Top man Thumbs up

I may have an issue actually getting the cage in the car but i suppose i could install it ready and then just chuck the seat back it to get it round to yours Smile

Just Drive It
Posted 6th Jul 2009 at 14:50

Pages (7): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last