displaying posts 251 to 275 of 340

Pages (14): first .. 10 [11] 12 .. last

Author Subject: Remember that V12 205?
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #251
not sure, but the ones that were prone to cracking and were recalled had an insert, the later ones that don't crack are not inserted Hmm

never saw a cracked one.

didn't you say it was 607 "steelies" as they're 5 stud?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 14th Oct 2010 at 03:35
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #252
Yeah, I know they're running those too as they're a bit thicker, that's what Foucart runs as a spare, but it looked like that little Clio was on 'em too, which I assume would be the C5 ones Hmm

Try some on the front of the buggy methinks.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 14th Oct 2010 at 03:45
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #253
2:30 in and wind the speakers right up:

Straight lines, but the sound's worth it

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 15th Oct 2010 at 01:16
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #254

Racing's gonna be interesting this year Big grin

Email me!
Posted 16th Feb 2011 at 01:53
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #255
Bugger me! That thing looks wicked!

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 16th Feb 2011 at 02:01
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #256
Personally I don't like the way it looks LOL

But I can't argue with how it sounds Love

Email me!
Posted 16th Feb 2011 at 04:30
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #257
Well, compression damping is set a too hard and the car needs lowering about 4 inches (trying to keep the body off the floor whilst he gets used to the car, bodywork ain't cheap...), but:

Whee

Slow start is to avoid plastering that poor bugger with the flag in case you were wondering Laugh my ass off

Email me!
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 06:03
SteviePut

Seasoned Pro

Post #258
What engine is that Phil? Are there any regs in this irr is it anything goes?? LOL

My old man wrote me a letter from prison once. It said if you don't want to end up in here, stay away from crime, women and drugs. Trouble is, that don't leave you much else to do, does it?
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 12:27
lotek

Seasoned Pro

Post #259
SteviePut wrote:
What engine is that Phil?

Batmans Yes
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 17:26
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #260
SteviePut wrote:
What engine is that Phil? Are there any regs in this irr is it anything goes?? LOL

One of the few open formula's left going, if you can fit the engine in and transmit the power to some tyres, you're good.

Tbh, the mud saps sooo much power and the traction/braking grip available is so low that you can't go silly with the engine size as the weight just kills you instead.

Email me!
Posted 18th Mar 2011 at 17:58
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #261
Haven't had a post in here for ages, so have a nice onboard video from last weekends french event (Cantal):

Clicky

Email me!
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 18:55
allsmiles

Regular

Post #262
omg it goes so fast im starting to feel sick Blink

205 gti6 now sold up, but gonna stick around and see whats what Smile
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 22:08
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #263
Another here, slower, more slippery track

Email me!
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 23:03
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #264
Is that a course in the forest or just a footpath - fairplay i'd of binned that into the first tree Whistle
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 23:17
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #265
Do you drive Phil, or do you build?

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 23:29
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #266

i assume they must have specially adapted seats to support their huge balls?LOL no way i could ever do that

supercharged China gti6 - Thu 16th Sep 1999 - sold
2010 megane rs250
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 23:29
ravemercer

Regular

Post #267
Looks as if the videos been sped up crazy speeds Crazy Half the track one handed Ninja
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 23:33
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #268
ravemercer wrote:
Half the track one handed Ninja

That's 'cause you're either changing gear or hanging onto the fiddle brakes which brake either side of the car to help it stay on the track...

'S about 420bhp that one, see what it looks like with another 200bhp LOL

Email me!
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 23:39
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #269
owain wrote:
Do you drive Phil, or do you build?

Build and co-drive (I can't afford to bin one! LOL That's why me+Ed have the little budget 2wd!), we used to have one of those the same as that, tide Guy over until we built the new car, but tbh it never really handled as well as our own, and it was only about ~370bhp or so (one in the video has more though)

Hence building the V10 beastie...

Email me!
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 23:46
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #270
I will say though, that video doesn't convey half of just how bumpy and slippery the courses are, about the best in-car yet though.

Email me!
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 23:52
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #271
phillipm wrote:
Build and co-drive

FAIR.
PLAY.

EDIT:
phillipm wrote:
I will say though, that video doesn't convey half of just how bumpy and slippery the courses are, about the best in-car yet though.

I'll bet it doesn't! I tried doing video at a trackday once, no matter how quick you go it looks dog slow. I can only imagine how quick you must be going for it to look *that* fast...

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 23:54
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #272
what powers that on in the vid?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Jun 2011 at 00:16
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #273
Honda V6 in that one (J37)

Email me!
Posted 22nd Jun 2011 at 00:21
gtisid

Seasoned Pro

Post #274
you can knock the french but they certainly love their motorsport.
I cant imagine it happening in the UK as you would have dog walkers splatted still moaning about their rights to walk a dog on a sunday where they like.
must be an interesting job you have there phil making these crazy cars. fancy a career swap?
better still why not borrow one for pugfest and tear the sacred tarmac up, would eat a buggati on the twisties

pugless
Phase 1 GTI 6 1996-1997
Subaru Impreza GB270 2007-2008
rare spiderman comics
same day international courier
Posted 22nd Jun 2011 at 00:59
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #275
I was gonna take the rotary buggy to Pugfest but it's a race weekend so can't get, been trying to take it for the past 3 years!

Yes, the french think nothing of shutting down a dozen villages and the main town to run a rally over the weekend, they love it, no moaning, no people grumbling about shut roads, they just grab a spot, crack some beers and the BBQ out and give the kids some banners to wave, it's great.

Email me!
Posted 22nd Jun 2011 at 01:04

Pages (14): first .. 10 [11] 12 .. last