displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Air con problem
poogiepug1

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
My air con works lovely but over past few weeks i keep getting a leak in the passenger side from under the dash, its not coolant it just water. I then noticed when i turn my air con on a foggy mist comes through the vents (like in the winter when you breath and can see your own breath)

Do you think its condensing the water in side rather than out side? You know when you get the small patch of water

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Posted 8th Aug 2011 at 17:01
dan86

Senior User

Post #2
There is a small drain pipe on the underside of the interior fan housing. It goes outside via the passenger A pillar. They can sometimes get broken off as they are connected to the fan housing by a tiny metal tube that can rust and go brittle.
Also maybe there is rain/water getting into the fan from the scuttle area if the rubber ducting isn't on properly (under the plastic scuttle trim under the wipers/windscreen.
Maybe a combination of the two?

Also the drain from the air con evaporator housing goes out through the bulkhead where the passengers right foot would be through a rubber bung. It's a plastic tube that is molded as part of the air con / heater box. Maybe its cracked?

Posted 8th Aug 2011 at 22:48
gota6again

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
To be honest, sounds like the matrix dying, mine did the same last year.
Posted 8th Aug 2011 at 23:00
footah212

Senior User

Post #4
dan86 wrote:
There is a small drain pipe on the underside of the interior fan housing. It goes outside via the passenger A pillar. They can sometimes get broken off as they are connected to the fan housing by a tiny metal tube that can rust and go brittle.
Also maybe there is rain/water getting into the fan from the scuttle area if the rubber ducting isn't on properly (under the plastic scuttle trim under the wipers/windscreen.
Maybe a combination of the two?

Also the drain from the air con evaporator housing goes out through the bulkhead where the passengers right foot would be through a rubber bung. It's a plastic tube that is molded as part of the air con / heater box. Maybe its cracked?

Thumbs up

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 9th Aug 2011 at 02:02
poogiepug1

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Yeah my matrix has had it(almost) but this is water is coming from exactly as dan said. I am planning on getting the matrix done soon so i can check for cracked tubes and stuff then. Bloody peugeots!!

Posted 9th Aug 2011 at 05:23