displaying posts 51 to 75 of 87

Pages (4): first .. 2 [3] 4

Author Subject: High Boost Engine Build
daviewonder

Regular

Location: West sussex

Registered: 01 May 2009

Posts: 307

Status: Offline

Post #51
Rich im loving the engine build, this thread is very addictive, i keep checking for updates. looking forward to the next update. How much are the head studs? i looked on the lynx website but there was no price.

________________________________________

Why is it that shoe repairers are so good at cutting keys? - Harry Hill.
Posted 8th May 2009 at 06:51
revsey

Regular

Location: St. Helens / Colwyn Bay

Registered: 03 Sep 2007

Posts: 160

Status: Offline

Post #52
Rich, looking at those bolts I recognise a fair few of them too LOL

Started on my engine and noticed there was a leak around the crank seal but looking at it after reading this I'm pretty sure its the end cap thats the cause. Been looking round for that autojoint but can't find it Dunno
only seen Hylamar

Those pulleys are almost done - will send you some details - I've not forgotten!!
Posted 8th May 2009 at 13:21
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Location: Airborne in the lanes

Registered: 26 Aug 2008

Posts: 2,221

Status: Offline

Post #53
Looks like you could eat your dinner off that block its that mint. Nice to see a proper job being done to such a high standard. Every credit!!

________________________________________

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 9th May 2009 at 03:09
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Location: Havant, Hampshire

Registered: 29 Jul 2004

Posts: 5,412

Status: Offline

Post #54
Here the head is on and the studs are all torqued up. The head is fitted without the lifters, cams, bearing caps etc as it

________________________________________

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 11th May 2009 at 17:04
dan gti-6

Regular

Location: Winchester

Registered: 26 Jan 2008

Posts: 112

Status: Offline

Post #55

Real high quality finish on the block there rich, machinist must be a geniusWhistle Big grin

Nice to see these engine parts coming together. Its something i rarely get to see especially the more exotic stuff. Makes me appreciate these cast iron lumps i stare at all dayLOL

What sealant is that you've used on the cam carriers/covers? Looks far neater than the black muck i used.
Posted 10th May 2009 at 01:11
mike rallye

Seasoned Pro

Location: mold

Registered: 03 Sep 2008

Posts: 1,618

Status: Offline

Post #56
coming on very nice ,excellent progress
Posted 10th May 2009 at 01:14
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Location: Havant, Hampshire

Registered: 29 Jul 2004

Posts: 5,412

Status: Offline

Post #57
daviewonder wrote:
Rich im loving the engine build, this thread is very addictive, i keep checking for updates. looking forward to the next update. How much are the head studs? i looked on the lynx website but there was no price.


They're not cheap mate, around

________________________________________

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 10th May 2009 at 23:40
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Location: Havant, Hampshire

Registered: 29 Jul 2004

Posts: 5,412

Status: Offline

Post #58
revsey wrote:
Rich, looking at those bolts I recognise a fair few of them too LOL

Started on my engine and noticed there was a leak around the crank seal but looking at it after reading this I'm pretty sure its the end cap thats the cause. Been looking round for that autojoint but can't find it Dunno
only seen Hylamar

Those pulleys are almost done - will send you some details - I've not forgotten!!


It's available from Peugeot... I will try and find the part number from an invoice and post it on here Smile

And no worries on the pullies Wink

________________________________________

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 10th May 2009 at 23:42
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Location: Havant, Hampshire

Registered: 29 Jul 2004

Posts: 5,412

Status: Offline

Post #59
dan gti-6 wrote:

Real high quality finish on the block there rich, machinist must be a geniusWhistle Big grin

Nice to see these engine parts coming together. Its something i rarely get to see especially the more exotic stuff. Makes me appreciate these cast iron lumps i stare at all dayLOL

What sealant is that you've used on the cam carriers/covers? Looks far neater than the black muck i used.


Yeah, he does an awesome job but needs to start doing better deals for regular customers Yes Whistle

The sealant is Autojoint AJ66 - it's available from Peugeot, i'll try and find the part number and post it on here.

Smile

________________________________________

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 10th May 2009 at 23:44
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Location: Havant, Hampshire

Registered: 29 Jul 2004

Posts: 5,412

Status: Offline

Post #60
Have added some commentry on the pics above now Cool

________________________________________

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 11th May 2009 at 17:04
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Location: London

Registered: 23 Jul 2003

Posts: 14,990

Status: Offline

Post #61
Very nice Yes Whats the gold/yellow sealant you use in the process then Rich, is it pug stuff?

________________________________________

Just Drive It
Posted 11th May 2009 at 17:15
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Location: Havant, Hampshire

Registered: 29 Jul 2004

Posts: 5,412

Status: Offline

Post #62
Yes mate:


rich_w wrote:


The sealant is Autojoint AJ66 - it's available from Peugeot, i'll try and find the part number and post it on here.

Smile

________________________________________

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 11th May 2009 at 17:17
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Location: London

Registered: 23 Jul 2003

Posts: 14,990

Status: Offline

Post #63
Woops Blush Cheers buddy Thumbs up

Edit: A quick gander turns up this part number:

Peugeot p/n 9735.69

Might be right Unsure

________________________________________

Just Drive It
Posted 11th May 2009 at 17:23
revsey

Regular

Location: St. Helens / Colwyn Bay

Registered: 03 Sep 2007

Posts: 160

Status: Offline

Post #64
rallyestyle wrote:
Woops Blush Cheers buddy Thumbs up

Edit: A quick gander turns up this part number:

Peugeot p/n 9735.69

Might be right Unsure


Will Give Pug a ring and see if its right today - need to get a few seals from them anyway
Posted 12th May 2009 at 13:12
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Location: Troisvierges

Registered: 09 Mar 2009

Posts: 1,350

Status: Offline

Post #65
Good work Rich!!! I'ts realy cool and interesting to see such an HighBoost engine built.

However I need to ask you something, is there a sealing between the cam cap and the rocker covers??
Cause my engine is aperantly loosing some oil from there. Sad

Thanks in advance!!!
Posted 12th May 2009 at 13:53
rich_w

Seasoned Pro

Location: Havant, Hampshire

Registered: 29 Jul 2004

Posts: 5,412

Status: Offline

Post #66
marco gti6 wrote:
Good work Rich!!! I'ts realy cool and interesting to see such an HighBoost engine built.

However I need to ask you something, is there a sealing between the cam cap and the rocker covers??
Cause my engine is aperantly loosing some oil from there. Sad

Thanks in advance!!!


There is a seal, but it's bonded to the cam covers and can't be replaced.

If it's leaking you could a bead of Autojoint in addition to the bonded seals, that should cure it.

Smile

________________________________________

Contact Details:

rich@lynxpowerengineering.co.uk
07732 822546

Posted 12th May 2009 at 20:31
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Location: Troisvierges

Registered: 09 Mar 2009

Posts: 1,350

Status: Offline

Post #67
Thanks a lot Mate!
Posted 12th May 2009 at 20:46
revsey

Regular

Location: St. Helens / Colwyn Bay

Registered: 03 Sep 2007

Posts: 160

Status: Offline

Post #68
Peugeot have changed their Autojoint from a gold colour to a silver one now. I was told that Peugeot's varient is silver where Citroen uses black Crazy

Quick question on the inlet valves - what was stamped at the top of the valve? Mine have TRW-J and when I've removed them there is only about 1mm of seating so something is not right. Just wondering whether I have the wrong valves or the seats have been replaced with the wrong part
Posted 15th May 2009 at 13:08
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Location: Bigend, Wales.

Registered: 27 Mar 2007

Posts: 25,819

Status: Offline

Post #69
TRW are standard valves Smile




<<< LOL

________________________________________

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th May 2009 at 16:36
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Location: London

Registered: 23 Jul 2003

Posts: 14,990

Status: Offline

Post #70
Is this autojoint a silicone based sealant then? Do they use it for a seal on all engine parts?

________________________________________

Just Drive It
Posted 15th May 2009 at 18:05
revsey

Regular

Location: St. Helens / Colwyn Bay

Registered: 03 Sep 2007

Posts: 160

Status: Offline

Post #71
Yep its silicone based. Attached piccy of the box:
Posted 17th May 2009 at 13:09
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Location: Bigend, Wales.

Registered: 27 Mar 2007

Posts: 25,819

Status: Offline

Post #72
hmm, sod buying that from pug or citroen if its in a loctite box Laugh my ass off

________________________________________

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 17th May 2009 at 15:48
revsey

Regular

Location: St. Helens / Colwyn Bay

Registered: 03 Sep 2007

Posts: 160

Status: Offline

Post #73
Cost
Posted 17th May 2009 at 16:12
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Location: London

Registered: 23 Jul 2003

Posts: 14,990

Status: Offline

Post #74
revsey wrote:
Cost

________________________________________

Just Drive It
Posted 17th May 2009 at 20:55
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Location: Southampton

Registered: 16 Feb 2003

Posts: 5,366

Status: Offline

Post #75
rallyestyle wrote:
revsey wrote:
Cost
Posted 10th Jun 2009 at 21:20

Pages (4): first .. 2 [3] 4

All times are GMT. The time is now 18:34

The Peugeot GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club - ©2024 all rights reserved.

Please Note: The views and opinions found herein are those of individuals, and not of The Peugeot 306 GTi-6 & Rallye Owners Club or any individuals involved.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on, or in relation to, this website. Please see our updated privacy policy.