displaying posts 1 to 9 of 9

Author Subject: Rose jointed track rod ends?
smegal

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Is anyone on here selling them?

I know balancemotorsport sell compbrake ones but but they are IMO too expensive.

It says that they are m14x1.5

IS all that is needed a m14x1.5 male rose joint, a half nut to lock the track rod, dust seals and a suitable nyloc and bolt to hold the rose joint on to the hub. Are any spacers/extra washers needed?

Or have I got this all wrong.

Ex SC-6

Now in a Megane R26
Posted 15th Feb 2009 at 17:34
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I've got some but I had to make up some new ally arms as otherwise you wouldn't have anywhere near enough adjustment, you'd run out of thread setting the tracking.
The hub is tapered too so you'll need to turn up a tapered pin for the rose joint, and a spacer in it to get the pivot point the right height.
I suspect the compbrake ones use an adaptor between the rose joint and the track rod to get enough thread engagement.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 15th Feb 2009 at 18:24
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Sorry to bring up an old thread, how could this be made viable and is there many advantages to it? Ive been reading about the ability to help remove bumpsteer on lowered cars also.

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 21st Dec 2011 at 20:26
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
atterz wrote:
Sorry to bring up an old thread, how could this be made viable and is there many advantages to it? Ive been reading about the ability to help remove bumpsteer on lowered cars also.

This is what's fitted to my car

We do these at work (bridgecraft engineering) to help correct the steering arm angle on lowered cars. The TRE hole is bored out to accept a sleeved to hat spacer and rose jointed TRE. They've also been modified for a further 3degrees of negative camber.
The Rose joint in the picture I believe is a Peugeot sport item, unfortunately the supply seems to of dried up so I'm currently trying to source a replacement. Although Compbrake/balance do sell an equivalent.

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 22nd Dec 2011 at 07:34
chris with a pug

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
So if I give you guys a ring you will be able to sort me out a set of these?
Posted 22nd Dec 2011 at 09:27
bellcp306td

Regular

Post #6
looks sexy

Where did the road go!

Chris
Posted 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:38
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Looks awesome, i imagine that bumpsteer is pretty much eliminated and the steering is pretty pin sharp?

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 22nd Dec 2011 at 11:03
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
You're pretty much always going to have some bump steer with the Pug strut setup, but it's a case of moving the joint for a lowered car to where you're in the most favourable area.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 22nd Dec 2011 at 11:06
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Fair enough, it was just a setup i read about yesterday and the advantages are obvious but i didnt realise it would be as much of a pain as you said above. I kind of thought it would just be a case of buying Rj's and some washers and they would work perfectly!

owain wrote:
Posted 22nd Dec 2011 at 11:18