Senior User

Post #51
Here is another shot of the engine

www.pugsport-racing.co.uk
Posted 18th Jul 2008 at 01:19
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #52
Last Saturday I decided to do some work on the interior, I started of by removing the bits and bobs and drivers seat, after I had wires going down the car all over the place one set go to the central locking unit, another set went to the rear lights and tailgate and petrol tank.

The picture below shows what mess it was

Posted 18th Jul 2008 at 01:24
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #53
What I did was to re-wire the central locking unit + any other wires, I moved the central locking unit to where the upper glove box was, this took loads of time as each wire had to be cut, soldered and heat shrink. This is what I removed in one day.

So now the only cable to run down the car is the one to the rear lights, petrol tank and tailgate.

It now looks a lot neater.

Posted 18th Jul 2008 at 02:25
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #54

Posted 18th Jul 2008 at 03:00
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #55
Next to do:-

Replace front and rear bushes
New Discs and Pads (front and back)
Magnex Full System 4"
Suspension
Roll Cage
Remove sound deadening from floor wells

Posted 19th Jul 2008 at 03:39
binkagti

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
Always wondered lol, when you wrtoe magnex 4" is that the full bore of the exhaust system or just the tip, sorry for the hijack,

TEAM Supercharged Rallye

Posted 21st Jul 2008 at 04:13
puglover Banned!

Post #57
ive been wanting to do this with my car but electronics really aint my thing. Just want to tidy it up abit as ive got wires all over the show at mo. Sad
Posted 21st Jul 2008 at 06:07
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
puglover wrote:
ive been wanting to do this with my car but electronics really aint my thing. Just want to tidy it up abit as ive got wires all over the show at mo. Sad

It's not hard No If you do one at a time you can't go wrong No Smile

Just Drive It
Posted 21st Jul 2008 at 17:27
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #59
binkagti wrote:
Always wondered lol, when you wrtoe magnex 4" is that the full bore of the exhaust system or just the tip, sorry for the hijack,

The Magnex 4" is the Tip of the Exhaust I believe.

Posted 22nd Jul 2008 at 01:55
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #60
puglover wrote:

As Rallyestyle said it easy if you have time. What I did was to label wires so that if you have 2 yellows mark the one each end you cut, then cut out the excess cable strip both ends, put on the heat shrink, tin both ends of cable and then solder them together, then heat shrink over the join, repeat this process for all cables.Crazy

Posted 22nd Jul 2008 at 02:00
fletch

Track Head

Post #61
quote:
quote:
[quote=\"roberts_306\"][quote=\"binkagti\"]Always wondered lol, when you wrtoe magnex 4\" is that the full bore of the exhaust system or just the tip, sorry for the hijack,

The Magnex 4\" is the Tip of the Exhaust I believe.

2.25\" bore Wink
Posted 22nd Jul 2008 at 15:27
rikky 🦔

Post #62
why don\'t you just remove the electrics completely?? itraced my entire loom from the tailgate to the centre then the locking unit to the front and windows etc, speaker/alarm wiring etc and made \'woop woop\' noises as i tore it out and now i enjoy plastic windows and a good old key-in-lock oldfashioned security method

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 22nd Jul 2008 at 16:10
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #63
quote:
[quote=\"rikky\"]why don\'t you just remove the electrics completely?? itraced my entire loom from the tailgate to the centre then the locking unit to the front and windows etc, speaker/alarm wiring etc and made \'woop woop\' noises as i tore it out and now i enjoy plastic windows and a good old key-in-lock oldfashioned security method

I have removed the alarm unit but i did not wanna loose the cental locking or electic windows at the moment

Posted 23rd Jul 2008 at 03:16
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #64
Last week I spent 4 days solid working on my car, this is what I needed to get done:-
Remove the rear axle (replace bushes, strip down and paint, fit new braided hoses, fit new brakes, fit new dampers)
Fit new coilover kit
Fit brand new wishbones with new bushes
Fit new braided hoses
Fit refurbished GTi6 calipers and brakes
Paint front hubs
Underseal rear of car, front arches and some of the rest of the floor underneath

Posted 12th Aug 2008 at 03:14
fletch

Track Head

Post #65
roberts_306 wrote:
Last week I spent 4 days solid working on my car, this is what I needed to get done:-
Remove the rear axle (replace bushes, strip down and paint, fit new braided hoses, fit new brakes, fit new dampers)
Fit new coilover kit
Fit brand new wishbones with new bushes
Fit new braided hoses
Fit refurbished GTi6 calipers and brakes
Paint front hubs
Underseal rear of car, front arches and some of the rest of the floor underneath

How much of that did you get done?
Posted 12th Aug 2008 at 03:16
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #66
I got all of it done, I will upload pics tomorrow, i did not get around to bleed brakes and fit my 3" Magnex System and Decat.

Posted 12th Aug 2008 at 03:56
racermike

Regular

Post #67
im currently in the process of a xsi/gti6 engine conversion. i disconnected everything driveshafts off etc just got to lift the engine out next.

I wasnt goin to change the driveshafts or steering rack. i thought the driveshafts were the same.

how hard is it to swap over to the gti6 steering rack is it just a bolt off bolt on job or not?

306 XSI GTI6 uprated road car.!
racermike@hotmail.co.uk
Posted 12th Aug 2008 at 04:43
puglover Banned!

Post #68
racermike wrote:
im currently in the process of a xsi/gti6 engine conversion. i disconnected everything driveshafts off etc just got to lift the engine out next.

I wasnt goin to change the driveshafts or steering rack. i thought the driveshafts were the same.

how hard is it to swap over to the gti6 steering rack is it just a bolt off bolt on job or not?

steering rack is a pain in the arse, you can either drop subframe down or take off the gearstick and wiggle the rack out.
Posted 12th Aug 2008 at 05:13
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
roberts_306 wrote:
I got all of it done, I will upload pics tomorrow, i did not get around to bleed brakes and fit my 3" Magnex System and Decat.

Any pics, im keen on sorting out the exterior parts of the car with underseal and the like, would love to know the best way to strip,clean,paint etc etc Yes

Just Drive It
Posted 12th Aug 2008 at 14:35
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #70
The first job I did was to remove the rear axle, as it needed new bushes, new brake hoses, and new brakes.

So we stripped the rear axle in peices, below are the pictures after painting

Posted 13th Aug 2008 at 02:20
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #71
After all the parts were painted I had the job of putting the rear axle back together. This is after fitting back together

A friend said to me I should rub down the underneath of the car where the exhaust, spare wheel and where the rear axle was. OMG I was black I have never been so dirty, so I decided I might as well do the rear arches after that I got the Waxol Underseal out and gave it a serious coating to arches and the rear.

Posted 13th Aug 2008 at 02:28
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #72
After the underseal had dried the next day I refitted the rear axle and rear brakes which looks a lot better than it was before

Tomorrow I will post the next job I did which was the front end

Posted 13th Aug 2008 at 02:31
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #73
The next day I worked on the front, I had purchased a set of GTi6 calipers, Brand New Coilovers, New Wishbone Arms with Bushes and yellow braided hoses.

I first started by stripping off the old wishbones which the bushes were no good at all, then the old suspension, old brakes. I then wire brushed the roll bars, driveshafts and hub.

I gave these a good lick of Hammered Grey Hammerite. While I had it stripped I undersealed the front arches.

After it had all dried, the new wishbones (which I sprayed Smooth Hammerite Black) were fitted, then I fitted my new Coilover kit. The old brake hoses were so badly cracked they were replaced with a lovely set of Braided Hoses with Yellow Covers supplied by Mr SwampyS16.

I then refit the new refurbished GTi6 brakes along with standard discs and pads.

The ride height was then set.

Posted 16th Aug 2008 at 03:11
roberts_306

Senior User

Post #74
This is a pic showing the ride height, I forgot to get a proper measurement so i cant say exactly what ride height is.

This is my new Magnex 3" system and Phase 3 Boot Lid just need to sort a Phase 3 boot spoiler now

Posted 16th Aug 2008 at 03:10
birk

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
Good work man! deff an inspiration for when i do mine, will be doing the same with the back beam aswell.

Dimma + Gt35 turbo = Ninja
Solid rear beam mounts £130
Dan
Posted 16th Aug 2008 at 05:14

Pages (22): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last