My first part of the project was get a cheap shell, so I found a XSi with slight panel damage, it was a Phase 2 XSi 16v in Nile Blue.
The first thing I did was to strip the interior, so I removed every plastic panel and peice of carpet, all seats. I removed the alarm, re-wiper. Then I thought to myself I need to remove as much weight as posible so all creature comforts had to go
So I removed the head lining, omg the car sounds like a van now you shut the door
Then I read on the forum's there is a a lot of weight behind the dash, so I spent 2 hours removing the dash, ripping the sound deadening out then re-installing the dash.
Pics to follow soon....