displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Front Springs
Larrye-Rallye

Senior User

Post #1
Trying to get some new front springs.

The local Peugeot dealer wants 48.57 per spring!

I'm just after a standard replacement, not looking to lower the car, please can someone help me out.

Cheers,

Larrye

White Rallye No angel (Silkolene 5w/40 Pro S, ITG Pro filter, Denso Iridium Power IK20 sparkplugs, Nissens Radiator, Sachs Advantage Dampers, Brembo OEM Discs, Ferodo DS2500 Pads)

140,000 Miles gone, currently broken!

Close encounter with the ring! Photo Evidence
Posted 15th Jun 2007 at 16:00
rich-6

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
i think thats wrong im sure, forgive me if im wrong but springs are sold in pairs as theres no point replacing a broken one and leaving the other 9 years old or so! get back onto them

Cool

RIP Pete Sims
Posted 15th Jun 2007 at 19:43
Larrye-Rallye

Senior User

Post #3
Nah I did ask how much and he gave me a price each.

I did mail Rich_E with this question but maybe someone else can help...

Peugeot supply three different front spring types that all fit, on Peugeot service box my VIN shows a 5002 P7 part number but in a previous post Rich_E suggested the 5002 P9 was the one to get... there is also a 5002 P8. Anyone have any idea on the differences?

White Rallye No angel (Silkolene 5w/40 Pro S, ITG Pro filter, Denso Iridium Power IK20 sparkplugs, Nissens Radiator, Sachs Advantage Dampers, Brembo OEM Discs, Ferodo DS2500 Pads)

Posted 15th Jun 2007 at 20:53
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I'd imagine 1 is for the TU engined cars, one for the sport and diesel engined cars and one for the S16/GTi6?

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 15th Jun 2007 at 20:56
Larrye-Rallye

Senior User

Post #5
quote:
I'd imagine 1 is for the TU engined cars, one for the sport and diesel engined cars and one for the S16/GTi6?

Yeah seems fair enough, but which is which... going to take a look at my springs later on this afternoon see if the colour markings are still on there and try to order the same part... the Pug Parts guy had no idea at all Whistle

Posted 15th Jun 2007 at 21:09
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
i replaced mine and two springs came to around
Posted 16th Jun 2007 at 00:20
Larrye-Rallye

Senior User

Post #7
Well I tried hard to find out a difference between the 5002 P7, P8 and P9 springs. I've not found anyone that has any idea.

I have ordered the 5002 P7 spring (Yellow + Green + Blue) as is currently fitted to my car, this was the part listed for my VIN.

Thought I'd update this thread for anyone in the future who may do a search.

Larrye

Posted 18th Jun 2007 at 20:45
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #8
Sorry for not replying to your PM Larrye, I've been very busy at work recently Sad

The differences in springs will be because of the different vehicle weights. I've noticed when looking at parts drawings before that the phase 1 GTi-6 has a different front spring listed to the phase 2 and 3, and considering the Rallye is lighter than a GTi-6 it's logical it would use a different spring too.

You've ordered the part that's listed for your VIN which is the main thing. I'm going to look into it in a bit more detail when have some time free as I know that many people believe the GTi-6 & Rallye suspension is the same, but your car and mine clearly have different springs fitted from the factory.

Rich
Posted 18th Jun 2007 at 20:56
Larrye-Rallye

Senior User

Post #9
No problem Rich, as you say ordering the right part was most important!

Posted 18th Jun 2007 at 21:15
iplay

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
i have a phase 3 (with air con) and had mine replaced couple of months ago.

the colours on the spring are green yellow and white.
Posted 18th Jun 2007 at 21:16
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #11
Have a random Citroen flavoured bump Big grin

RFY engined ZX 16v;

5002 RT SUSPENSN SPRING - INJECTION XU10J4 (MARK 1 GREY + 1 RED + 1 GREY + 1 GREEN)

Same as Xsara VTS MK1+2 and 800 kg non aircon TU3 alloy block berlingo van mk1+2.

RFS engined zx 16v;

5002 PW SUSPENSN SPRING - WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING
REF 1 RED + 3 RED

(same spring as Alloy block TU Berlingo MK1+2)

5002 PX - AIR CONDITIONING MARK 1 RED + 2 RED + 1 YELLOW

(same spring as TU/TUD engined Berlingo mk1+2)

Looks like Phase 2 ZX was softer sprung up front, and if you are desperate for Xsara springs, go find a TU3 engined berlingo with 1 GREY + 1 RED + 1 GREY + 1 GREEN paint marks on them Smile

Probably quite rare though, most are DW8's!

also, regarding spring snapping, PSA did address this on the later berlingo/partners, by fitting a plastic cup around the lower spring pan to prevent an errant coil puncturing a tyre, part number 5031 E8, plus 5028 10 (nut+bolt) one per side at £36!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Feb 2011 at 03:29