displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Idle cutting out/ hesitation
Dunebugs03

Post #1
Have a slight issue have a 97 gti6 new engine fitted using original sensors injectors etc but have an issue if I leave it idling for 2-3 mins it starts to miss a bit then dies but when it’s idling it’s perfect but just if I leave it it dies also when driving on light throttle it drops power the. Comes back with a jolt have replaces ect sensor and lambda tried 2 icv and TPS sensors both cleaned out and starting to loose patience with it :/
Posted 18th Apr 2021 at 12:55
S8-Tom

Regular

Post #2
Could it be heat related, although a couple of minutes might not produce that much heat? Just thinking maybe a sensor goes out of tolerance or an air gap increases when it warms up?

I'm guessing 'ect sensor' is a typo and you mean cts? That would've been a good place to start. With the other sensors you've mentioned already replaced maybe unplug the PAS sensor as they can cause problems?

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

1343Z4 coolant hose o-rings for sale
198131 injector o-rings for sale
Posted 18th Apr 2021 at 18:12
Joep

Regular

Post #3
Vacuum of petrol tank? Sounds exactly as my GTI. Unscrew the cap of the tank after this happens. If you hear air being sucked in the filler neck, then that is the issue.

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 18th Apr 2021 at 21:54
Dunebugs03

Post #4
ect/cts ? engine coolant temperature sensor (green one) been changed twice I've tried unplugging pas sensor too and drove it home with fuel cap off no different can only describe as holding steady throttle will just drop power and start to slow down with out moving pedal then just picks up like its been kicked up the rear end Dunno also to note temperature makes no difference hot or cold
Posted 19th Apr 2021 at 19:31
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #5
Lambda sensor? TPS?

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 19th Apr 2021 at 23:30
Dunebugs03

Post #6
have fitted a new ngk lambda as Bosch was 3-5 day order but has mad Eno difference and I have a ups on order fingers crossedUnsure
Posted 20th Apr 2021 at 21:30
Dunebugs03

Post #7
Fixed”” turned out the new lambda sensor had a bad wire/connection changed for a new one and been good as gold Smile
Posted 29th Apr 2021 at 23:49