displaying posts 1 to 13 of 13

Author Subject: Rallye-Spec Lower engine mount
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
...For when you just don't want to take a dump before every drive....Whistle LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 11th Feb 2017 at 00:31
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #2
3D printed by the looks of it too?

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 11th Feb 2017 at 12:08
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Yeah, it's a test piece just for checking dimensional tolerances, flex, etc, so I can then make a mould for poly ones (albeit with thicker walls, obviously).

Mind, I made this one so it takes a polybush from 70-90 shore in the centre so it's usable as it is once I've checked things over. Should give it a progressive spring rate with preloading the same as the shaped polybushes I used in the later ally ones, it does flex....just not much LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 11th Feb 2017 at 13:39
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Done some more work on these, to the point where I've finally got a poly one that's going in the coupe tommorow:

Quite a lot of modifications both to suit the poly and give it progressive stiffness, as well as low stiffness laterally and in twist to take out vibration but much stiffer radially to reduce the torque reaction.

Email me!
Posted 28th May 2017 at 21:06
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #5

It worked out light enough for me, 150g with the steel centre tube in.

Email me!
Posted 30th May 2017 at 23:41
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #6
Top work! Thumbs up

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 31st May 2017 at 07:02
RallyeRed

Regular

Post #7
Nicely done Phil. Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.
Posted 31st May 2017 at 10:12
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Well, so far, the MOT man wants one for a paperweight "because it looks cool", and from a quick spin around before the test there's no real issues, it idles as smooth as an OE mount - even from cold with a jump start (cars been parked 3 months), and very little in the way of unwanted slop when accelerating or braking, etc.
To be honest I probably could have made it even stiffer, it just feels like an OE mount without the movement Big grin

Email me!
Posted 31st May 2017 at 21:14
miki4

Regular

Post #9
How much would one be? Big grin
Posted 1st Jun 2017 at 00:21
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
About £40 so long as everything tests out okay with it, although this is the small 65mm mount for the v6, needs scaling a little Big grin

Maybe £35 on a group buy Whistle

Email me!
Posted 1st Jun 2017 at 00:45
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Looks nice. I'll get one if they become available.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 1st Jun 2017 at 12:31
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #12
your description of it sounds ideal for what I want, I'm not keen with the solid rubber type like bbm but sometimes they are a necessity, like when you have a 4 branch manifold in a 205, or 50% more torque!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 1st Jun 2017 at 12:50
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
The nice thing about these is I can quite easily customise the stiffness for different people by thickening the centre rib or changing the stiffness of the centre insert before they're bonded.

Email me!
Posted 1st Jun 2017 at 13:11