displaying posts 1 to 22 of 22

Author Subject: Another remote central locking issue,..
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #1
Ive poored over threads and threads about this to no avail

My ph3 has been stood for a while so the battery went flat (prior to this the locking system worked fine!)
Ive fully charged it using a trickle charger but the remote central locking didnt respond?
I bought a new bettery for the fob sill nothing

I had to break into the car removing the rear quarter window and manualy popping the locks (im de-locked)
I checked all the fuses and all seems well all other electricals work fine and the car turns over and runs fine!

The door looms are fine
I'm wondering if warter has leaked in through the areal and affected the rf reciever?
Could this be the case Where is this located?

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 5th Feb 2017 at 18:59
alcon

Senior User

Post #2
gnrlee wrote:
I had to break into the car removing the rear quarter window

Just out of interest, how did you do this?....do you mean you smashed it or forced it open?....is this a potential week spot in the 306?

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 5th Feb 2017 at 19:15
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Could be a multitude of things id go for the reciver in the roof check for water damage /edit: reciver in roof for IR only "appoligies"
It could be that your locking control unit ecu has just packed up
An earth gone rotten
A dry joint on a pcb due to age and lack of power

I am guessing you have reprogrammed the key and got the fiddly timing correct to reset

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 5th Feb 2017 at 20:34
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #4
mocinim wrote:
Could be a multitude of things id go for the reciver in the roof check for water damage
It could be that your locking control unit ecu has just packed up
An earth gone rotten
A dry joint on a pcb due to age and lack of power

I am guessing you have reprogrammed the key and got the fiddly timing correct to reset

where is the receiver in the roof?
ive taken out the center light but there's only the Main light, privacy light, and a sensor for the aircon?
there is water there on the inside of the roof
is it a roof liner off job?

tried the resync nothing happening though
my other main key packed up years ago just randomly stopped working! so cant check that!

Posted 5th Feb 2017 at 19:55
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Resyncing is a fiddly bollock you have to time it just right and in sequence with the alarm light indicator
It may need plugged in to reset it worst case !!!

The receiver will be behind the dash below the heated rear screen and hazard button. Its a right b**ch to get at and involves removing facia with radio and clock etc, along with the console that runs along by the gear stick and handbrake

For RF type

mocinim has attached the following image:

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 5th Feb 2017 at 20:27
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #6
I came across something that pointed out the ph3 reciever/alarm/imobilser were all interlinked
And behind the heated window/wingmirror switch,..
I was hoping that it was just a case of getting wet and stopping from working
But since the alarm still works and the car fires up fine its a sync issue,..
Reading past posts a member tried Syincing 5 times before getting it to work!

It might be an idea to get Peugeot Planet 2000
I have a spare laptop I presume it just runs on windows XP?

Posted 6th Feb 2017 at 06:54
cully

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
have had issues on one car that the fobs needed re syncing with planet

you will need the security code to be able to do this on a PH3
Posted 6th Feb 2017 at 08:13
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #8
yeah I have the original Blue Code Card Thumbs up

Posted 6th Feb 2017 at 08:20
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #9
alcon wrote:
gnrlee wrote:
I had to break into the car removing the rear quarter window

Just out of interest, how did you do this?....do you mean you smashed it or forced it open?....is this a potential week spot in the 306?

I won't say here the wrong person may see it! Ninja

Posted 7th Feb 2017 at 11:26
deeturbo

Regular

Post #10
Were you able to sort this issue?
Posted 26th Feb 2017 at 17:55
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #11
I was pal!,..

I found a tutorial Niall an old member did
I copied and posted it and my findings to the FAQ section!

if you're experiencing the same problem on a ph3 306 then chances are you battery has started to die in your fob which will mean it's lost sync with the car!

there is apparently a way to resync it without a connector and Peugeot Planet 2000 but I couldn't get it to work tried over 30 times!

I'm working on what you need to do if say you only have 1 key left and how you'd go about making a second hand key of ebay work with your car
I've got new transponder chips (Virgin ones) I just want to program one make sure it works then i'll add my findings to the faq Thumbs up!

Posted 20th Mar 2017 at 11:03
Puggered

Junior User

Post #12
gnrlee wrote:
I was pal!,..

if you're experiencing the same problem on a ph3 306 then chances are you battery has started to die in your fob which will mean it's lost sync with the car!

there is apparently a way to resync it without a connector and Peugeot Planet 2000 but I couldn't get it to work tried over 30 times!

There is no way you can resync a Ph3 key back to the PCPU (central Locking) without PP2000.
As the battery goes flat, the range decreases. This then means each time you press the button and it doesn't work the code skips. You have between 5-10 consecutive misses before it becomes unrecoverable and need PP2k to resync.

Posted 21st Mar 2017 at 00:18
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #13
Yeah I outlined that it didnt work in the tutoral Dry

Posted 21st Mar 2017 at 05:33
miki4

Regular

Post #14
Puggered wrote:
gnrlee wrote:
I was pal!,..

There is no way you can resync a Ph3 key back to the PCPU (central Locking) without PP2000.
As the battery goes flat, the range decreases. This then means each time you press the button and it doesn't work the code skips. You have between 5-10 consecutive misses before it becomes unrecoverable and need PP2k to resync.

I resynced the fob of a friends Ph3 the way it is described in the FAQ without PP2000 without issues. It hasn't been working for 6 weeks before. The fob battery wasn't flat, it was just out of sync.
Posted 21st Mar 2017 at 12:56
Puggered

Junior User

Post #15
quote:
miki4 wrote:
Puggered wrote:

I resynced the fob of a friends Ph3 the way it is described in the FAQ without PP2000 without issues. It hasn't been working for 6 weeks before. The fob battery wasn't flat, it was just out of sync.

I was going to write a whole explanation of how it works but I really can't be bothered and no-one cares anyway. LOL
You're right Sync is possible if certain conditions are met, Program is not though. Thumbs up
Posted 22nd Mar 2017 at 03:35
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #16
No you definatly need peugeot planet 2000 for reprograming
Which can only be done with keys already programed to that car!
Unless you get a vergin transponder chip never programed to another car and once done cant be undone!

Posted 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:17
Puggered

Junior User

Post #17
gnrlee wrote:
No you definatly need peugeot planet 2000 for reprograming
Which can only be done with keys already programed to that car!
Unless you get a vergin transponder chip never programed to another car and once done cant be undone!

you're just trolling now. LOL

You can use S/H chips, I've got 3 S/H ones (from the UK, ph2/2.5 and ph3) all been programmed to the same ph3 PCPU.

You sure you're not thinking of the central locking board ?

Which again is more myth than truth, out of 50 odd keys that I've programmed I think maybe 2 wouldn't work on the C/L due to board damage.
Posted 23rd Mar 2017 at 05:25
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #18
no Idea what you mean by S/H Chip?

i'm fairly new to all this and just reporting my findings,..
one of my keys lost sync years ago one just days prior to this thread I tried everything to get these to sync they wouldnt! I also bought a spare key after buying peugeot planet cables etc
after using this method the 2 original keys that ceased to work were now working properly
the one I bought (swapped blade for my non remote key) would unlock the car but error'd when trying to recode the Transponder chip I have bought a virgin chip of the same make as original I just need to check this resolves the issue of programing an extra key obtained from another ph3 306

(I also have a ph2 key to try this)

I'm not sure people are too fussed on the inns and outs of how it works just a fairly easy solution as to how they can resolve their issue if they have one the same as this!

Posted 23rd Mar 2017 at 08:29
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk

Regular

Post #19
Out of interest, I would like remote locking but I don't have any keys with the circuit-board and buttons. I don't have the blue code card either... Is there basically no chance I will be able to get it working without forking out silly money?

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 23rd Mar 2017 at 10:31
alcon

Senior User

Post #20
Whats on the blue code card?....is it a four digit code? I don't have mine, or ever had it for that matter, but I do have a 'transponder code' written on a receipt from a previous owner. It relates to work done at a garage and describes a charge for a 'Trans Code request'. This code is two digits and two letters.

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 23rd Mar 2017 at 11:43
Puggered

Junior User

Post #21
gnrlee wrote:
no Idea what you mean by S/H Chip? Second Hand or used
i'm fairly new to all this and just reporting my findings,.. I'm not having a shot at you

did you check the type of transponder chip in the one that wouldn't work? should be id45 type.

oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Out of interest, I would like remote locking but I don't have any keys with the circuit-board and buttons. I don't have the blue code card either... Is there basically no chance I will be able to get it working without forking out silly money?

I'd get an after market RF system and install that, Cully did a guide on 306oc showing how to do it.

alcon wrote:

Whats on the blue code card?....is it a four digit code? I don't have mine, or ever had it for that matter, but I do have a 'transponder code' written on a receipt from a previous owner. It relates to work done at a garage and describes a charge for a 'Trans Code request'. This code is two digits and two letters.

All the ones I've done are number letter letter letter format
Posted 23rd Mar 2017 at 12:59
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #22
Puggered wrote:
gnrlee wrote:
no Idea what you mean by S/H Chip? Second Hand or used
i'm fairly new to all this and just reporting my findings,.. I'm not having a shot at you

did you check the type of transponder chip in the one that wouldn't work? should be id45 type.

yep copied the code on the chip itself (Transponder PCF7931 XP/C made by Philips) it must have the extension XP/C or it wont fit!
didnt even test to see if this would work

I'll add all this info to the FAQ once i'm happy with it!

oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

you'll need

x1 used 306 key (or number of keys you'd like up to 5 max)
x1 Uncut 306 Key Blade (as above one for each key needs to be cut before reprogramming)
x1 Virgin never before programed PCF7931 XP/C Chip (one for each key being reprogramed there are others but i'd stick with the OE hardware that was originally issued wouldn't want that to fail while in the middle of nowhere!!)

the 4 digit Code ,.. I had to go to peugeot because the key card i'd treasured and looked after for 12yrs wasnt even for this car! I explained my circumstances to Peugeot showed them the card I had to go in and show my V5 then they just gave it to me,.. but they will be able retrieve this for you not sure of the charge just find a good agent Wink!

either someone like me with a laptop running XP and the Peugeot planet 2000 software plus hardware (OBD-II connector) (or get your own setup!)

then follow the FAQ i've posted!

or you could get an aftermarket one as mentioned for about £20 work it out and have a crappy looking key! LOL

If I get my 6 sorted and ready for the shows/fests i'll take my kit and for a small charge sort these out providing you have the above hardware sorted! Wink

Posted 23rd Mar 2017 at 22:04