displaying posts 1 to 14 of 14

Author Subject: Bucket seats, trying for size
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I'm looking to try a few different bucket seats from the major manufacturers (sparco, corbeau, cobra etc) to get an idea of which seat is the most comfortable for my size.

Anyone know of any stores that have a range on display to try out? Only place I can think of is demon tweeks or GSM sports seats but if there is anywhere closer to the north east it would be easier for me.

Cheers

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 4th Dec 2016 at 12:52
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I don't know of anywhere local that you can try, ive got some omp tr-s' (I think that's what they are) in the track car, you're welcome to come over and see how they fit you though if you're ever in the Doncaster area. Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 4th Dec 2016 at 13:42
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Thanks for the offer Stephen, I do actually have relatives in Doncaster but can't remember the last time I was down there!

I've just found out that Autosport international is in January so I'll try and persuade the Mrs to get me tickets for Christmas, at least then I'm not just driving ~3hrs each way just to sit down for 20mins!

Posted 4th Dec 2016 at 14:39
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I was going to say, theres a kit car show at Stoneleigh near Coventry the first bank holiday in may, theres usually a stall there with loads of different seats to try out but that's still 6 months away which i'm guessing isn't ideal time wise for you.

The offer stands with my seats, they're not great seats but they do the job on a budget.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 4th Dec 2016 at 14:59
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Thumbs up cheers mate.

I'll see if I can get to the show in Jan and if there's anything there that fits my budget (which isn't much!)

Posted 4th Dec 2016 at 15:14
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Clen i have a sparco pro adv ts u can try

Posted 4th Dec 2016 at 19:51
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Cool, stocksfield is only about 20 minutes away.

Is the TS model not quite small? The description states that it's designed for smaller cockpits or is it just the area around the head that is slimmed down?

Posted 4th Dec 2016 at 21:15
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Autosport is the best place really for trying seats, I went on the trade days last year just to get measured up for new ones for the buggy.
Motodrive were the best fit I found for me, and they'll do you custom padding as part of the seat fitting. I used to love the Corbeau Revo's but the quality seems to have taken a dive.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 6th Dec 2016 at 18:20
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
I've found myself ...GSM are amazing to deal with & they do monthly payments if you decide to spend more money than you have .
They have a showroom to try seats out also ...ask for Felix Thumbs up
Posted 6th Dec 2016 at 18:18
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Thanks chaps, motodrive have been recommended by someone else but they aren't on the exhibitors list for this years Autosport.

If I don't get to the show it looks like a road trip is required where I'll try and get to motodrive and GSM in one go

Posted 6th Dec 2016 at 22:03
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Depends how big you are im 14 stone and 6 foot they fir well around me.

Posted 6th Dec 2016 at 22:46
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
The deals at autosport on traders day are awesome. Or go to argon creative at anfield plain where they make recaro seats. They will make a recaro seat for you without embroidery for a very nice sum. Oh and they are carbon

Posted 6th Dec 2016 at 22:48
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
fatlapit wrote:
The deals at autosport on traders day are awesome. Or go to argon creative at anfield plain where they make recaro seats. They will make a recaro seat for you without embroidery for a very nice sum. Oh and they are carbon

Yeah? I had no idea about that place, cheers! Thumbs up

Posted 6th Dec 2016 at 23:29
RallyeRed

Regular

Post #14
I'll second (third?) motordrive.
If you line up a visit to them you should get some personal attention from one of their staff, who actually will care and know about seat fit. They have the ability to sort custom padding and utilise different shell sizes too.
Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 21:48