Ds2500 or 1144

Posted 31st Jul 2015 at 19:19
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
fatlapit wrote:
Ds2500 or 1144

Used them both Ferodo DS 2500 for me .... Thumbs up

But I'm running rear DS3000 now as they last much longer with DS 1.11 fronts best combo I've personally used for Track work by loads ...not cheap though Thumbs up

PS the above ^ I'm using are Race pads & so say no good for Road ....I find them both great even from cold & my cars used lots on the road Thumbs up
Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 07:13
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Awesome thankyou

Posted 31st Jul 2015 at 21:08
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
With the wavy's on you can go straight up to a race pad like the DS3000's Day is using, or XP8's/XP10, Mintex F4R, etc - they'll work fine from cold with those discs, that was a lot of the idea of them, you can quite happily use race compound pads even on a car that does daily work through rain and puddles.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 18:16
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Cheers bud. The car doesnt do rain. Wavy discs are a good idea like. Mine are blue atm. But gonna run some cooling to them i think. If that doesnt work im gonna upgrade to a bigger set up on the rear.

Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 18:44
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
You'll find they won't warp anyway unless you get them insanely hot, but obviously you don't want the heat building up to far just for wear concerns - they compromise on heat capacity just by virtue of the weight saving/design - but if you can get some good ducting in it's usually pretty effective as they'll pump the cold air across the pad surface, strange as it sounds some harsher pads will help as you'll reduce the pressure required for the same bias.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 18:56
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Awesome thats my next port of call. Tbh im only 2 clicks from max rear brakes on track with my bias lever.

Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 18:57
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Right, next port of call, get it out in the rain you wuss Whistle:

Email me!
Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 19:00
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
No ta haha

Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 21:58