1998 Peugeot 306 GTI-6

• 2000cc
  • Black
  • 142,000 miles

• No tax
  • No MOT
  • Some service history
  • Cambelt changed: Jul 2013

Modifications: See below (and previous advert)

displaying posts 1 to 2 of 2

Author Subject: 1998 Peugeot 306 GTI-6
jont-

Post #1
A car known to the forum since 2002, I've run this as a daily for 20 months and 17k miles.
Last advertised here:
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=158078

It's been my faithful daily and as such I've kept on top of the maintenance, and was indeed MOT'd in April with no advisories, running until May 2016. In my ownership I've serviced the car twice (I have receipts for parts), and there's currently around 7600 miles left on the service indicator. For last years MOT it had new front pads + discs, and a new wheel bearing fitted (carried out by the garage doing the MOT as I had no time!).

Very comprehensive service history, lots of receipts etc, and the important cambelt service done in summer 2013 by Stan on here. Can't say it's "full" as there may be some services missing, but there's a box file full of receipts and the owners manuals too.

Tax is no longer transferable, and the car is now SORNed as the replacement has arrived. Mostly replaced as I got fed up of the lack of aircon, other than that it's made a great daily LOL

While the car is mechanically sound, it is now starting to show a few minor cosmetic signs of it's age. The drivers seat bolster has worn in the usual place, and there are 2 very small rust spots. I've repaired the one on the rear o/s wheel arch, although it's not perfect, and there's a small patch at the bottom of the drivers door.

As mentioned, the air-con suffers the usual 306 woes (doesn't work, and never has done while I've owned it), and if you wanted an immaculate car, you would want to consider refurbing the alloys.

Tyres are Michelin Pilots, still with a around 4mm of tread all round.

There are a few pictures here, which include the bad bits mentioned above:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tyuvf2wy766976u/AACIiRfowvBd-Wfcsw6DK6Lpa?dl=0

There are a few minor mods (all inherited):
Induction kit
Front strut brace
Lowered (not sure exactly what setup, but it rides very well - on the lumpy fen roads around here it's quicker than my old Z4M LOL )
Black mask headlights and phase 3 rear lights (still have the originals in boxes if you want them)

Mileage shouldn't go up as it's SORN and I'm using the new daily.

Contact details: 07717 705608 - but I'm in Japan this week for work, so PM would be better. I /should/ be back by this weekend - weather permitting (there's a big typhoon heading in).

Priced to sell, so please don't make any silly offers otherwise I might as well hang onto it!

thanks,

Jon
Posted 14th Jul 2015 at 10:42
jont-

Post #2
And sold Thumbs up
Posted 18th Jul 2015 at 16:27