displaying posts 26 to 37 of 37

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: New car choices
asim_pug306

Senior User

Post #26
ian7675 wrote:
My 325d gets around 45mpg. Whilst they can be very good on fuel when driving very carfefully they are thirsty when you boot it. I find with BMW if you subtract around 15-20% off the claimed figures then that should be pretty accurate.

Obviously you would need to test drive the cars first so just be aware that whilst the 2 series will be fast it will also be refined so you might not feel the acceleration as much as other cars. I was surprised at just how smooth my car was despite it being pretty quick I can hardly feel it accelerating but I didn't buy it for the fun factor.

This Yes. My brother told me the same thing about his 325d.

There's a reason I'm going for the M235 and not 220d, because I do tend to enjoy booting it. If I can get around the 25 mark I won't be too fussed.

'01 Astor Grey GTi6

'99 Cherry Rallye
Posted 30th Jun 2015 at 20:19
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
ive had my megane rs250 for 3 years now and its been a great car. not quite the same 'go cart like' feel as the gti6 but close. its very comfortable and well kitted out too. its got loads of low down torque making overtaking easy and fun. and ive found my local renault to have a very good customer service personally

supercharged China gti6 - Thu 16th Sep 1999 - sold
2010 megane rs250
Posted 30th Jun 2015 at 21:01
asim_pug306

Senior User

Post #28
m306 wrote:
ive had my megane rs250 for 3 years now and its been a great car. not quite the same 'go cart like' feel as the gti6 but close. its very comfortable and well kitted out too. its got loads of low down torque making overtaking easy and fun. and ive found my local renault to have a very good customer service personally

I went to my local dealer and he wouldn't even entertain me, suggesting I go to a bigger dealership. I booked an appointment at the one in Leeds about half an hour away. Turned up on time and got seen to by a guy working for Nissan who obviously had no idea about the details on an RS Megane. I was supposed to get a call back from one of the guys at Renault there but I'm still waiting a week on.

'01 Astor Grey GTi6

'99 Cherry Rallye
Posted 1st Jul 2015 at 02:32
m306

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
asim_pug306 wrote:
m306 wrote:

I went to my local dealer and he wouldn't even entertain me, suggesting I go to a bigger dealership. I booked an appointment at the one in Leeds about half an hour away. Turned up on time and got seen to by a guy working for Nissan who obviously had no idea about the details on an RS Megane. I was supposed to get a call back from one of the guys at Renault there but I'm still waiting a week on.

I suppose its not the companys fault but more so down to the people working at that dealers. When i was looking i was 21 and look young, i went to audi and the guy there was a snob and clearly classed me as a wannabe, but i went to renault and was treated with respect, the guy was a proper car fan and actually wanted to see the gti6.
Dont let that dealers taint your opinion of the car though, if you can find somewhere better its definitely worth a try

supercharged China gti6 - Thu 16th Sep 1999 - sold
2010 megane rs250
Posted 1st Jul 2015 at 17:31
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #30
^^^ Likewise, my local BMW dealer is brilliant but I've heard of some dealers that are shockingly bad.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 1st Jul 2015 at 18:58
asim_pug306

Senior User

Post #31
I agree, I'm not blaming Renault or letting it put me off the car. But there's only so far or so much I can do just to get a sit down and talk about one of their cars.

'01 Astor Grey GTi6

'99 Cherry Rallye
Posted 1st Jul 2015 at 19:28
asim_pug306

Senior User

Post #32
Test drove the RCZ and M235i back to back today. First was the RCZ and blimey that thing moves. Felt very quick and although I didn't really push it too hard, handled quite nicely too despite a little torque steer when powering out of corners. What let it down for me was the rear seats, they're just useless with that sloping rear window.

The BMW as expected was a step up in terms of quality and refinement. There was a noticeable difference in acceleration too, gave a real shove in the back and the sound of the BMW is just in a different league. The fact it can seat 4 quite comfortably was an added bonus.

So as you've probably guessed, the BMW won and after getting a "blow out deal" I placed an order Smile

'01 Astor Grey GTi6

'99 Cherry Rallye
Posted 7th Jul 2015 at 18:44
rikky 🦔

Post #33
have you considered something a bit better

like a gti6?

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 7th Jul 2015 at 19:51
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Nice! Lovely cars, you'll enjoy that :-)
Posted 7th Jul 2015 at 20:07
asim_pug306

Senior User

Post #35
rikky wrote:
have you considered something a bit better

like a gti6?

The GTi6 won't be going anywhere, still da best

'01 Astor Grey GTi6

'99 Cherry Rallye
Posted 7th Jul 2015 at 20:36
craig903

Regular

Post #36
I've got a peugeot 208 gti, similar engine to the rcz. They say that the timing chain tensioner has been revised and there are no problems with them but mine rattles like anything in the cold that bad its imbarrasing driving it sometimes but thats the only problem ive had. oh and i average 33mpg so the rcz-r will be a lot more juicy

208 GTI Owner
Turbo'd '6 project - work in progress
Posted 7th Jul 2015 at 21:02
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #37
Good choice Thumbs up

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 9th Jul 2015 at 19:06

Pages (2): 1 [2]