displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Rallye panels....
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #1
Guys,

Were the Rallyes parts bin specials or were there specific Ph2/Ph3 years?

The reason I ask is I've seen many rallyes and some appear to have Ph2 bits, some appear to have Ph3 bits. Mines got a Ph2 boot, I'd really like a Ph3 as I think they look much better but I'm striving for originality with the resto I'm doing. I assume if they had a Ph3 boot they'd have the Ph3 bonnet? That's mo issue as my bonnet need replacing....

I've not looked up my VIN on service box specifically to look at the boot lid part number. Is it likely they be able to distinguish between the cars made with Ph2 a and Ph3 bits?

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 23rd Mar 2015 at 17:10
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #2
Don't forget the 'ph2.5'. Which mine is.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 23rd Mar 2015 at 17:15
    3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
    I think you will find Gti-6's and rallye's share parts between phase 2 and 3. We call them 'Phase 2.5' Thumbs up

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
    CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
    BLACK RALLYE - Sold
    205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
    CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
    Posted 23rd Mar 2015 at 17:34
    Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #4
    The reason I asked it because I very nearly bought that p3 tailgate you had Dan! However, I just don't want to destroy the originality of this car.....

Posted 23rd Mar 2015 at 17:59
    3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
    Make it how you want it. I would'nt worry about changing a ph2 part for a ph3 part etc. Much worse has been done in the past.

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
    CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
    BLACK RALLYE - Sold
    205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
    CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
    Posted 23rd Mar 2015 at 18:32
    mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
    Mine came from new with a p3 tailgate (the rear window has the VIN etched on it). I've seen other Rallyes with P3 tailgates too. Mine also has a P3 bonnet which I have no reason to believe is not the original. I've also installed the P3 handbrake and gear knob as the others were tatty and I think they look better. Rallyes do have various combinations of P2 and P3 parts, although the car is basically a very late P2 (the electrics/fuse box is P2); mine was registered at the same time as the P3 came out in Apr/May 99.

So there is nothing un-original about P3 panels on a Rallye.

I'm getting my tailgate painted and the glass needs to come out to do it properly. I started a thread in the exterior section asking this very question, I wanted to ensure I got the correct P3 parts, and there is a screen shot of the P3 parts from Servicebox on that thread. I'm not sure Servicebox would give a correct answer for each car's tailgate glass seals etc, since cars had both types. EDIT: it does, putting the VIN for my car into Servicebox shows the P3 tailgate part nos.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 10:42
    rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
    Oi Newbie! Laugh Theres a big queue for a Cherry Red P3 tailgate and my name is top of the list! LOL Razz

Sadly they are quite hard to come by, normally easiest to find a D Turbo that's being broken but that in itself is getting harder to do Sad

I prefer the look of the P3 bits and they are actual pug parts so see no problem in changing Thumbs up

Just Drive It
    Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 10:05
    Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #8
    Ha!!!

I'm not bothered in the slightest what colour it is. Chances are as part of the resto the Rallye will be having a full respray anyhow!!! Was the glass different between a Ph2 & Ph3 tailgate?

Don't know why, I'm just being a proper stickler for originality on this. Having said that, it will be needing a new bonnet as the current one has a number of small dents along the front of it. It will be getting a new passenger side wing as its had about 15 layers of paint (you can see round the headlight). Deffo needs a spray as you can tell the boot and roof are original paint and a different shade to some other bits....

Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 10:41
    mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
    Ben_W wrote:
    Was the glass different between a Ph2 & Ph3 tailgate?

Don't know. Check on Servicebox with your VIN, and compare the part nos to the screen shot of the P3 tailgate part nos in the thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=162940

If you are changing to a P3 tailgate and changing the colour of it, to do a neat job of the paint edges around the window, the glass needs to come out, meaning new glass and seal which adds to the cost. New glass because the tabs for the rear window heater break according to my glass man. New seal as it is bonded in.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 10:51
    rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
    As mik says it gets pricey if respraying from another colour Yes Id prefer to get a cherry one and then the glass wont have to come out No

Just Drive It
    Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 10:58
    Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #11
    Hmmmm, service box shows a different part number for my tailgate, suggesting it knows mine was fitted with a ph2 tailgate from the factory. Glass part number is different too. A ph3 rear screen is £167 inc VAT from Peugeot.

Think I'll stick with Ph2 stuff for now!

Posted 24th Mar 2015 at 10:59