displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: Crashed on Christmas
306xsi

Junior User

Post #1
As the title suggests I managed to stick my 6 in a bush last night. Wasn't very serious but I have managed to buckle the rear wheel when I went sideways into a kerb and it appears to have damaged the hub. Front bumper is cracked and a side skirt is knackered.

I'm not 100% on what I'm going to do with the car but tax is due, I'm moving to Germany in just over a week and I've ordered a Golf R... so it will probably end up being scrapped. Real shame because it was a great car and it was running well - even the air con was working.

Whatever happens, I'm unlikely to be spending much time browsing this forum anymore. To that end, thanks to everyone who has helped me out through advice or sourcing parts and such like over the years. I'm sorry to be responsible for yet another 6 being taken off the road!
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:14
luke89

Regular

Post #2
Doesn't sound like a huge amount of work mate, get it back on the road.
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:23
306xsi

Junior User

Post #3
It's not a huge amount, I just don't have any time to do it and won't need a car for a few months when I move. It's unfortunate timing more than anything else.
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:35
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #4
There must be some guys down your neck of the woods who could put that back on the road in no time?

Golf R on that lease deal? I think everyone on the E90 forum i still frequent got one! I would have too if i wasn't already ridiculously long cars!

Turned 40 and in true cliched fashion buying one of the cars of my teenage dreams!
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:37
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #5
'Vulture mode' how much for the car as it is??

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:43
buzzbrightyear

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I went 5 miles to garage last night and the small amount of folk on the roads was doing 20mph in 30 limits and 30mph in 60 limits, I just wanted to get back to my family

andrew315rawson@live.co.uk
Moonstone phase 7 gti6
My Project thread: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=119992&page=1
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 18:58
306xsi

Junior User

Post #7
jeffers wrote:
'Vulture mode' how much for the car as it is??

Had a couple of PM's along that theme. Make me an offer?
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 19:02
306xsi

Junior User

Post #8
MisterGTR wrote:
There must be some guys down your neck of the woods who could put that back on the road in no time?

Golf R on that lease deal? I think everyone on the E90 forum i still frequent got one! I would have too if i wasn't already ridiculously long cars!

Bought the Golf R outright, or will do when it's built. Shame it takes so long to get hold of one. Will be good on the autobahn!
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 19:04
MisterGTR

Senior User

Post #9
306xsi wrote:
MisterGTR wrote:

Bought the Golf R outright, or will do when it's built. Shame it takes so long to get hold of one. Will be good on the autobahn!

Yeah i had a drive of one and was very impressed. Great choice of car.

I was always and S3 over R person but this gen really switched that about big time.

Turned 40 and in true cliched fashion buying one of the cars of my teenage dreams!
Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 19:12
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #10
I'd be tempted to buy the salvage off you if you decide to sell. None of this offer bo***cks. Come up with a price based on the average offered to you via PM and if it's reasonable I'll be outside with a trailer. Far too many people will offer you over the odds but not be prepared to actually put their money where their mouth is.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 21:36
    Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
    ^^daddy vultures here^^ lol

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
    Posted 26th Dec 2014 at 21:52