displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: How much weight to be saved by stripping stuff?
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
As the title. How much have people trimmed off the weight by removing interior etc and how much difference does it make on the track? I hear of people going under 1000kg,but how much work is that?

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 12:03
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
mine weighed in at 998kg in the end but that was no heater, trimmed loom, 2 bucket seats, omp bolt in cage, speedline wheels, lexan windows all bar windscreen and fibrglass boot and bonnet

Also that figure was on a council weighbridge
Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 12:20
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
thats s bit heavy, adamb's xsi is about that with a heater and a proper cage and steel panels bar bonnet.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 12:30
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
How much can be taken off with a trimmed loom then?

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 13:34
rikky 🦔

Post #5
are you aiming to get as much as possible out or just make the wiring look tidier inside when you can see it? it's not a lot to be gained, i would say 10kg. i took a full bin bag full of conduit, wiring, surplus plugs etc out of mine but you need all the looms lay out off the car to even attempt it as a job

depends how hardcore you go really. you would save the same weight stripping a load of the sound deadening out off the floors. ditching ABS and all the associated loom with that too. geez, i struggled to take much more off mine without taking a hole cutter to the shell but it was running polycarbs, proper t45 cage, harnesses, buckets, minimal looms allround, lighter wheels... etc..

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 13:43
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
We are 999.5kg with 1 race seat, fire extinguisher, full cage, heater still in, full loom, 16" PR 1.2s, Brembo brake setup etc.

I think you can get them around the 900kg mark. I've got at least another 50kg to take out of mine.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 13:56
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
welshpug! wrote:
thats s bit heavy, adamb's xsi is about that with a heater and a proper cage and steel panels bar bonnet.

it was on a councill weigh bridge and my seats were really heavy recliners prob not far off the standard weight as i changed for fixed buckets afterwards. Also thats with abs etc and a spare wheel.

I think from a previous topic Carl Chambers race car is very light with all steel pannels still
Posted 18th Nov 2014 at 16:14