sure? Razz

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 31st Oct 2014 at 20:52
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
orta wrote:
Yeah well its always felt good, strong and fast. So No clue why it's down. Gonna have lambda checked and can timing looked at. If they're not the cause I'll have it redyno'd and see if s 2nd rolling road agrees. It's definitely not an xsi engine right mate haha

Defo not an xsi bud it was a vts engine that I changed to a gti6 configuration (vts has diff injectors) I put a 136 cam belt kit on her as it had a 137. Only issue I ever had was the air temp sensor was unplugged and made her mis behave ??
Posted 31st Oct 2014 at 21:42
orta

Senior User

Post #28
Yeah was only joking mate. I'll get it looked at and update the thread ;-)

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
Posted 31st Oct 2014 at 22:50
orta

Senior User

Post #29
Was the lambda sensor. Just ordered a new bosch one. Should sort the problems :-)

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

||B8s||60-70mm drop||Black Partner Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Refurbed Beam||Hybrid ARB||VTS Torsion Bar||
Posted 15th Nov 2014 at 22:11
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #30
I doubt it will fix all the issues, given the lambda is not referenced under WOT conditions.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th Nov 2014 at 22:28
orta

Senior User

Post #31
Any other recommendations? And what is WOT?

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 15th Nov 2014 at 22:47
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
I put a second hand oe cat on the car with a second hand oe lambda ?

Engine had to be converted to a 6 set up as injectors are different ? I put a brand new cam belt kit, pump ,clutch, crank seal and shaft seals!

I also put a nissen rad on her and fully flushed out the cooling system !

I changed the fuel filter, oil filter as well as returning the air filter system back to oe spec ?

Only problem I had was I must have forgotten to plug air temp sensor in or it came loose ?
The engine I used was sweet as a nut and came exactly as I would expect from a low mileage example
Posted 15th Nov 2014 at 22:58
orta

Senior User

Post #33
bigbadbowen wrote:
I put a second hand oe cat on the car with a second hand oe lambda ?

Engine had to be converted to a 6 set up as injectors are different ? I put a brand new cam belt kit, pump ,clutch, crank seal and shaft seals!

I also put a nissen rad on her and fully flushed out the cooling system !

I changed the fuel filter, oil filter as well as returning the air filter system back to oe spec ?

Only problem I had was I must have forgotten to plug air temp sensor in or it came loose ?
The engine I used was sweet as a nut and came exactly as I would expect from a low mileage example

Don't doubt it buddy I think the thing drives sweet. Just didn't make the power. New lambda sort it. Not that I'll be able to take advantage as car is now sorned for winter. I'll get my dad to trailer it to nearest dyno tho at some point just 2 make sure the old girl is pulling right now Thumbs up Thumbs up

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 16th Nov 2014 at 14:48
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #34
orta wrote:
Any other recommendations? And what is WOT?

Tom, it's Wide Open Throttle

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 16th Nov 2014 at 15:40
orta

Senior User

Post #35
Painted and fitted strut brace.

New emblem too. Plus I've glossed the fuel cap, scuttle panel, mirrors and rear spoiler! Been busy with the old rattle cans haha. Done the brake calipers in black too as I didnt like the bodge red job on them before.

Removed the roof lining as well ready to dye it black. As well as used the opportunity to paint the grab handles and courtesy light surround black too.

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 26th Nov 2014 at 21:16
orta

Senior User

Post #36
Been a little bit short on progress with the Rallye as with it being sorned at my parents it's hard to find time to make the 1 1/2 hr trip to theirs.

Spacers and tapered nuts are in the post ready for the car going into the garage in March where it'll get the B8s and AVO 50mm springs fitted, the torsion bar lowered, general service, the tyres off my 'clones and onto the steels and the steels fitted. Granted I could do the wheels myself but as it's there and I'm getting mate's rates I thought I'd just let them do it as this way my dad have the car picked up by them (Flatbed as car has no tax or insurance) and then sort it out without me having to go up there especially.

Progress over the last couple of days has been irritating. Finally got the roof sprayed black (Used some cheapo Halfords black matt paint and whilst it has ruined the feel of the roof as I was pre-warned it doesn't really bother me because who sits there stroking their roof? The damn thing is black now and that's all the matters.

No pics of it back on as it's too dark in the car for the pictures to really look good. Was an absolute pain to get off, and a pain to put back on. And it was a pain especially to refit the front courtesy light/remote locking unit as I'd forgotten how I'd taken it off. The major hurdle was the drying of the car. The spray glue I'd got said "Best results between 15-25 degrees" well as I'm not waiting until June to reglue it we cracked out the electric heater we usually heat the garage with. This cleared up all the moisture in the car (Lots of condensation on the roof) as well as changed the ambient temperature of the car interior to ideal temperature.

Also didn't realize until after the glue had dried on the roof that I've sat it ever so slightly to far forward which meant the a-pillars were a beast to refit and the grab handles are perfectly back where they should be, but a few extra turns of the screws and they look as good as new haha. Left refitting the B-Pillars for another day as they're a bit more complicated and I can't remember how they came off. And also on next month's list is the fitting of the black cabriolet sunvisors I got from a scappies near me for £15. There's a tear in one side but it's the passenger one and is only visible when it's flapped down.

So interior wise I'm 100% done apart from sourcing some OEM Rubber Peugeot mats, oh and snapping up a OEM tape deck if one comes up in better condition than my current one.

Exterior wise

Can you spot the difference?

Basically sourced some phase 3 rub strips and swapped them over. Granted it doesn't transform the car the way it would a non-black example but I think the lines are now much neater (Excuse the dirty car) and they are gloss black like everything else so definitely worth the £20 I paid even if they're not perfect and I broke every damn clip taking the old ones off. And make two light scratches on the paintwork (Fortunately hidden under the strips!)

Exterior wise once it's been through the garage and the wheels and stance are sorted the only other thing on the shopping list are some fresh "clean" (No border or markings etc.) license plates, some xsara jets, and maybe paint the towing eye or replace it with racing style one. Unless anyone else has some recommendations?

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 21st Jan 2015 at 15:06
orta

Senior User

Post #37
Haven't updated for a while, because well nothing's been happening really.

But finally got my B8s and Avo springs fitted and the torsion lowered to match. Haven't gotten any proper pics because I can't move it off the drive due to no tax! Got my tyres off the cyclones as well and onto my black steels. Whilst I realize I need some tyre shine before any "glory" shots I think it really adds to the "dark" look to the car.

And apologies for dirty car. It will be clean for the Combe/Pugrun weekend!!

upload image online free

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 3rd Apr 2015 at 16:26
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Any pics of the black interior? Am thinking of doing this to my rallye in time but looks lik an arse! Doh

Just Drive It
Posted 3rd Apr 2015 at 16:30
orta

Senior User

Post #39
Will grab sum in a couple of weeks for you mate when I'm back at my dads!

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 3rd Apr 2015 at 19:33
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #40
crikey, thats a bit low innit!?

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd Apr 2015 at 19:50
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
orta wrote:
Will grab sum in a couple of weeks for you mate when I'm back at my dads!

Cheers buddy Thumbs up

Just Drive It
Posted 3rd Apr 2015 at 20:25
orta

Senior User

Post #42
welshpug! wrote:
crikey, thats a bit low innit!?

Thought you might say that! It is a "bit" low but I've always wanted a car with a stance like this so I thought I'd go for it. Meant to be 50mm but looks a bit lower than that tbh.

I may raise next year haha

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 3rd Apr 2015 at 22:23
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #43
Tom,

I reckon that's more 60-70 mm. Mines 40mm and nowhere near that low!

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 3rd Apr 2015 at 22:50
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
Yeh she looks slammed buddy .. Smile don't worry I've just fitted springs to my car and it's to low for my likening knew I should of bought coilovers

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 3rd Apr 2015 at 23:44
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
Cant see some of the pics for some reason?

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 4th Apr 2015 at 11:34
orta

Senior User

Post #46
She now has tax!!!

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 18th Apr 2015 at 21:07
Mossy1985

Senior User

Post #47
Lower than ya grannys nipples i think is the term lol but i like the look of it. The more i see the steels the more i like them as well, all looks good to me, keep any progress coming
Posted 18th Apr 2015 at 21:48
orta

Senior User

Post #48
With her now taxed, I threw a bucket over it and took it for a spin.

And hoovered inside!

Had some works done over the summer. The shocks and springs make the ride very unforgiving but has sured things up a lot. Absolute best mod has to be the 2.4 Vts rack tho. The quick turn is epic and has transformed the car!

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 23rd Apr 2015 at 21:05
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
Looks lovely mate .. Fit some standard stripes tho Thumbs up

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 23rd Apr 2015 at 21:28
orta

Senior User

Post #50
So the FCS weekend just happened...

It being my first since 2010 when I took the Black GTi to Rockingham with Club306 and my very first time camping for a car show (I've always been a sleep in my own bed get up at 5 in the morning kinda show visitor) I didn't really know what to expect.

After a leisurely traffic laden drive down where I attempted to drive conversatively to protect the 4 hour clean it'd had the day before I Arrived 45 minutes later than i wanted to on the Friday night to be waved at enthusiastically by Dum Dum who I think was pleased that 2 of the 5 (at last count) Black Rallyes on the forum was making an appearance (well I don't think rolling the 1.4 206 wouldn't have been as cool!).

After the stress of assuming a loaner tent I'd never put up before and a few beers the fact id been up at 5am that morning for work finally caught up with me. Sleeping that first night was a complete nightmare. There were folk who stayed up far too late, and then other folk who got up far too early (I'm not talking our group but whoever was next to us and u can guarantee there were sum Clio w**kers around and that girl that kept yelling Alan) Add to the mix was bellends revving their engines and the fact it must've been the coldest June night since records began didn't make for the best snoozing conditions.

Show day was great though, and as I've said in the photo thread thanks to everyone who helped organise and letting my Rallye end up on the front row After all! Had a great time chatting cars on stand, having a goose around other stuff (avoiding the clios!) and then Sam was even nice enough to take me out on track which was great fun... Even if it did cost the life of a few cones!

Saturday night was totally different. Well not totally it was still cold but I think the combination of no sleep on Friday, a long day Saturday and knowing they needed to sober up for a drive home Sunday meant everyone was a little less rowdy. Got a full nights sleep and even when I did stir for a minute at around 2am it was dead silent!

Parade lap Sunday was great, although I still haven't figured out where you get the pictures they were taking from? Hoping it's not a Facebook exclusive thing... If anyone has a pic of my car during parade lap I'd appreciate it! I somehow ended up leading the lap behind the pace car but fun was limited to 50mph... Or so.

I've attached a couple of pics I took on the way back in from the pub meal we had Saturday night when the show ground was deserted. Looking forward to pugfest now!

gif hosting

CLUB BLACK RALLYE

Posted 9th Jun 2015 at 21:01

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3