displaying posts 26 to 32 of 32

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: KYB ultra sr dampers fitted...
Cherry Buell

Post #26
roland rat wrote:
Well I'll be going for fast road use and using xsara vts or eibachs springs with 21mm tbs and hybrid arb in the rear.

What's the difference between the Excel G's and Ultra SR?

You'll be needing good dampers on that girl then, why not go with the standard peugeot 5206 TE dampers? Hard to beat in my opinion unless you go up the money. I use B6 with standard everything else on my gti and find them to be exceptionally good. B6 and B8 are the same unit for the rear, the B8 with the shorter body for the front when using lowering springs. Excel G are the standard road going gas charged dampers from KYB,the Ultra SR are supposed to be stiffer and more sport orientated,but to be honest I found little, if any, difference in the two apart from price. I suppose a lot depends on the roads you drive on but I most definitely would not recommend the ultra sr with eibachs on the front if you're banging around on bumpy back roads. The rears are a stiff monotube design the fronts are twin tube. If you wish to go standard with shocks I may be able to source original 5206TE rear shocks(new) from mainland Europe. Dealers in Ireland are looking for 225euro + vat ea. for these now and are hard to get. From my searches it seems similar in the UK but no doubt someone else on here would know more about that.
Posted 17th Jan 2016 at 18:59
SmartyC

Regular

Post #27
Good info thanks Cherry!

Smarty

My lil toy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martincurtisphotography/sets/72157640014140786/
Posted 19th Jan 2016 at 18:43
dynacord

Post #28
Well, just fitted Ultra SR on mine with standard springs and height. As the original ones were so worn ( more than 260 000km).
The KYBs feel very good, I have Excel Gs on my other car (Accord) and the Ultra SRs are much firmer, very close to Bilstein B6s.
The rears are a bit stiff, but I guess they will soften after a few thousand miles.
Price was also very good, almost half of Bilsteins.

Posted 10th Oct 2016 at 01:24
SmartyC

Regular

Post #29
quote:
[quote="dynacord"]Well, just fitted Ultra SR on mine with standard springs and height. As the original ones were so worn ( more than 260 000km).
The KYBs feel very good, I have Excel Gs on my other car (Accord) and the Ultra SRs are much firmer, very close to Bilstein B6s.
The rears are a bit stiff, but I guess they will soften after a few thousand miles.
Price was also very good, almost half of Bilsteins.

Still happy with them? Mine seem perfect still and the car is fine at Prescott and Curborough

Smarty

My lil toy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/martincurtisphotography/sets/72157640014140786/
Posted 12th Feb 2018 at 22:26
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk

Regular

Post #30
A pair I ordered just arrived, exciting!! Smile

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 13th Feb 2018 at 10:00
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
I’m really interested for feedback on these when used with eibachs. I’m a big fan of bilstein, but willing to try other brand of positive review

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 13th Feb 2018 at 10:06
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk

Regular

Post #32
I'm going to be using nearly new standard springs with them as I want as close to standard ride height as possible, fingers crossed all will be well, can't be worse than my old tired dampers at the mo...

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 13th Feb 2018 at 10:39

Pages (2): 1 [2]