displaying posts 1 to 25 of 29

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: HDi remaps, £50.....
jammapic

Senior User

Post #1
Hi,

So, the sun is out and we're all enjoying our cars... I thought I'd do another HDi mapping deal so we can all go that little bit faster! :-)

As before with the last deal I ran, ANY HDi map, stage 1, stage 1+, stage 2, stage 2+, hard cut limiters, bespoke Stage 3 maps, 1800bar rail sensor mods etc etc etc, all just £50 if ordered before the end of the month.

Can do this as a remote email file service, or flash it here at my premises in Lancashire for a small fee.

Also, I'm happy to discuss more with people if they are after specifics....

Rough power outputs (depending on mods) are:

Stage 1 - 125hp / 220lbft.............. Can be run on a total stock car.
Stage 1+ - 135hp / 240lbft............ Requires decat / exhaust
Stage 2 - 155hp / 280lbft.............. Requires intercooler and ideally upgraded clutch
Stage 2+ - 170hp / 300lbft............ WILL require clutch / exhaust / decat / intercooler
Stage 3 - 200hp+ / 350lbft............ Requires bigger turbo.

james@nosmokenopoke.com, 07769165138.

Thanks,

JP

HDI Engine Tuning / Remapping Services - https://www.facebook.com/dervtech

306 GTi-6 Track Car - 200+ hp all N/A!
306 DTurbo Track beasty - 209.9hp - RIP
Posted 14th Jul 2014 at 09:43
allye

Regular

Post #2
Pecan you explain how one would out the map in the car? I know it requires a little gadget which isn't expensive, how easy is the software to use?

205 Van SC'd GTI6 - because why not
309 Goodwood V6 - sold
205 Rallye GTI6 - Bent
Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 21:59
jammapic

Senior User

Post #3
I tend to use MPPS, but other options are Galletto or KWP2000. Software is easy to use, you read the file off and send it to me, I mod it and send back for you to reflash.

JP

Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 22:04
allye

Regular

Post #4
Would it be possible for you to do a little walk through?

309 Goodwood V6 - sold
205 Rallye GTI6 - Bent
Posted 16th Jul 2014 at 22:14
asim_pug306

Senior User

Post #5
Which intercooler is normally used with stage 2 onwards?

'01 Astor Grey GTi6

'99 Cherry Rallye
Posted 17th Jul 2014 at 17:59
jammapic

Senior User

Post #6
Walkthrough for what, reading and writing the map? If so, I tend to do that for people over the phone when we're actually doing it.

As for intercooler, what do people use? ANYTHING!! Some use bits of trucks, others use ebay coolers such as Toyosports, some use Allard etc.

JP

Posted 17th Jul 2014 at 18:03
allye

Regular

Post #7
Walk through of how to do it!

309 Goodwood V6 - sold
205 Rallye GTI6 - Bent
Posted 17th Jul 2014 at 22:46
jammapic

Senior User

Post #8
If you mean a walkthrough of how to read the map from the ECU and send it to me, then re-flash, I tend to do that on the phone when the customer is actually dealing with me.

If you are talking a walkthrough of how to map a diesel ECU we could be here for days!!

JP

Posted 18th Jul 2014 at 08:41
allye

Regular

Post #9
Haha, indeed the first one, this is all very new to me. After I give you some money we talk over the phone how to do it?

309 Goodwood V6 - sold
205 Rallye GTI6 - Bent
Posted 18th Jul 2014 at 22:25
jammapic

Senior User

Post #10
Absolutely. Happy to talk you through it.

JP

Posted 19th Jul 2014 at 13:12
jammapic

Senior User

Post #11
Done 6 so far in this deal now, any more for any more?

JP

Posted 21st Jul 2014 at 10:05
mabgti

NV motors

Post #12
Would love to see your torque limiter and fuel temp tables at £50

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 21st Jul 2014 at 23:08
jammapic

Senior User

Post #13
Mab, why? What does cost mean in terms of quality of file? I do it for the love of doing it - because so many cars out there run crap maps written by tuners who don't know what they are doing, or buy in the maps and sell them at silly money.

Torque limiter depends on state of tune obviously. I run 74mm3 diesel peak on the stage 1 files, which tails off after about 2250rpm, otherwise they get smokey. Alongside this, I run a calculated amount of SOI advance to keep the EOI safe. This has been heavily, and extensively dyno tested when I was developing.

Fuel temp tables, both of them, have been modified to retain the stock failsafe to ensure the pump doesn't get overworked if the temperature is too high, but increased limiters where the fuel temp is optimum.

Drivers wish maps have been altered to give better pedal feel, but retain the stock feel to drive - without a sudden surge at the bottom of the pedal. ALL sites have been modified, bar the very lowest to retain a smooth idle, as often the ECU jumps out of the idle map and into the pedal map when peoples TPS's are old and dodgey.

I do not touch the duration maps, as per some of the "pro tuned" files I've seen. This is NOT the right way to modify, the injector nozzle size has not changed - so why would we adjust the duration maps? It just upsets the SOI and EOI.

I run slightly more rail pressure, ensuring decent atomisation and with raised PCP's we need more rail pressure to make sure we can overcome that. I do also sometimes, when needs must, re-linearise the rail pressure sensor for an 1800bar one, but only if people are running big turbo'd with lots of boost. Likewise, if people want to run big inlet piping, I re-linearise the MAF sensor, and allow them to run a bigger one, from another car.

Also, just so you know... The smoke map took me 6 months to get right to ensure the AFRs are always lean enough to not smoke, and rich enough to make good power. As we all know, much richer than 15:1 AFR on a diesel and it will all get a bit cloudy - but in practice this rule can be bent a little in certain places...

I can assure you the maps I write are some of the best out there. They are done properly, as the OEM would write them. I have spent a LONG time perfecting the HDi tunes on a variety of different cars.

JP

Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:02
bennn

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
Great price IMO.

If anyone would like a 306 HDI to go with their £50 306 HDI remap, please get in touch Smile

Cherry Red 306 HDI
Championship White Integra DC5 Type R
Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:15
devere

Senior User

Post #15
Cracking reply jammapic. Very open and honest that. Probably not the reply that was expected by some!

I'm looking for a diesel that may be in need of something like this.

Do you offer anything for the 206 1.4 hdi at the moment? Doesn't seem to be much out there for it. Although it's quite a power house as it is! Haha.
Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:41
Nick.gti6

Regular

Post #16
So you didn't just modify bryn's then? Reading a little on the way?
Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:30
jammapic

Senior User

Post #17
Eh, just modify Bryns? Lol. I've never even opened his map, he had TB do his mapping and he was more than happy with it.

I started learning EDC15 on my old Golf TDi, which I desoldered the chips from, fitted sockets and had to blow an eeprom every time I wanted to try a new map, then when I got a HDi I looked into that, it works in a different way and had to learn how it hung together. But the basics were the same, actually easier because there's no boost control.

Then I had friends asking me for remaps, so basically every car that's come along I've had to learn and understand the differences and subtleties between each. This started with all the HDi stuff, 110's with boost control, then enabling VNT boost control for the 306 HDi's...

I then moved onto looking at Peugeots using the Siemens ECU's, which brought with it a whole new angle, using a torque request rather than an injected quantity request. From there it wasn't a huge jump to work out how EDC16 worked. I mapped a bunch of Vectras, Alfa Romeos and then the EDC16 VAG stuff like the 2.0 TDi's in both PD and CR guise.

Most recently, I've been looking at the tri-core EDC17 stuff, which is a test... but I've had good results on the cars I've been working on and I will soon be able to do Denso ECU's too as I've been dabbling with a certain boring Astra I've had for 4 years! :-)

All self taught, with input from the various tuning forums and friends I have who are tuners.... So, to answer that question, no, I didn't just "look at bryn's file"...

As for a 1.4 HDi, yes I've played with a couple of them, in both a 206 and a fiesta 1.4 TDCi (same engine). They are pretty appauling with 68hp on tap, but much better when up around 100hp. Fit an intercooler and you can push a little further, but the clutches aren't the strongest.

JP

Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:54
rikky 🦔

Post #18
this thread is overwhelmed with haters who hate to see a brotha doing well for himself

sounds like your work speaks for itself so people need not interrupt

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:56
jammapic

Senior User

Post #19
rikky wrote:
this thread is overwhelmed with haters who hate to see a brotha doing well for himself

sounds like your work speaks for itself so people need not interrupt

Lol - thankyou. People assume because I'm not a big shouty tuning company, and I don't have a huge marketing budget - my tunes must be crap.

Only when you really look beneath the surface do you find out a lot of the players buy in their maps from Eastern Europe and have little to no idea what, or how things have been changed.

I'm not bothered anyway... It always happens mate! Smile

JP

Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 13:11
Nick.gti6

Regular

Post #20
jammapic wrote:
Eh, just modify Bryns? Lol. I've never even opened his map, he had TB do his mapping and he was more than happy with it.

I started learning EDC15 on my old Golf TDi, which I desoldered the chips from, fitted sockets and had to blow an eeprom every time I wanted to try a new map, then when I got a HDi I looked into that, it works in a different way and had to learn how it hung together. But the basics were the same, actually easier because there's no boost control.

Then I had friends asking me for remaps, so basically every car that's come along I've had to learn and understand the differences and subtleties between each. This started with all the HDi stuff, 110's with boost control, then enabling VNT boost control for the 306 HDi's...

I then moved onto looking at Peugeots using the Siemens ECU's, which brought with it a whole new angle, using a torque request rather than an injected quantity request. From there it wasn't a huge jump to work out how EDC16 worked. I mapped a bunch of Vectras, Alfa Romeos and then the EDC16 VAG stuff like the 2.0 TDi's in both PD and CR guise.

Most recently, I've been looking at the tri-core EDC17 stuff, which is a test... but I've had good results on the cars I've been working on and I will soon be able to do Denso ECU's too as I've been dabbling with a certain boring Astra I've had for 4 years! :-)

All self taught, with input from the various tuning forums and friends I have who are tuners.... So, to answer that question, no, I didn't just "look at bryn's file"...

As for a 1.4 HDi, yes I've played with a couple of them, in both a 206 and a fiesta 1.4 TDCi (same engine). They are pretty appauling with 68hp on tap, but much better when up around 100hp. Fit an intercooler and you can push a little further, but the clutches aren't the strongest.

JP

Yeah okay mate tell people what you want Thumbs up , I've just heard from a few people that you basically used/ slightly changed Bryn's map for your HDi, so it was a question I wanted to ask.

There's no need to get so defensive about it...LOL

I wouldn't like to say if they are good or not, as personally I wouldn't know. As far as I've seen you've not put them on anyone's car yet that is stage 3 or 3+, mostly stage 1 and a couple of 2's, so that really doesn't say much to me.

I'm not saying I know everything about mapping, because I don't. I wouldn't even want to try as I know you need to put in a lot of time and effort into learning and developing a map, and I imagine it would take much longer to actually become good at it, so much so that you'd need it to be your career for it to be of a high standard for stage 2/3/3+. Personally, I think if I was going to do something as extensive as that I would like to do it once and do it properly.

Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 20:28
barrym

Senior User

Post #21
So you admit you haven't a clue, yet you are judging anyway. You obviously have no idea how much sh1t so called reputable companies churn out.

I was once told by a tutor when doing my C&G that a good amateur is better than a poor professional, you are by admission not even an amateur. What is your beef and how do you back it up?

BTW yes I am new here, note the HERE. I have been around the diesel tuning community a long time now, still not as long as jammapic though. I have had my diesel cars remapped by 'big' companies and their claims have never lived up to reality.

Give the guy a break and if you aren't interested STFU, which I believe are actually the forumrules?. Just how 'extensive'is £50 anyway, you can always revert to the original map anyway

EDIT: Just gave myself 5 minutes to think about posting this but decided to do so anyway. It most certainly will not have got me off to the best start but it seems like there are people with an axe to grind on here but I say it like I see it

China D Turbo HDi daily charger
Black Rallye occassional toy
Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 20:35
Nick.gti6

Regular

Post #22
barrym wrote:
So you admit you haven't a clue, yet you are judging anyway. You obviously have no idea how much sh1t so called reputable companies churn out.

I was once told by a tutor when doing my C&G that a good amateur is better than a poor professional, you are by admission not even an amateur. What is your beef and how do you back it up?

BTW yes I am new here, note the HERE. I have been around the diesel tuning community a long time now, still not as long as jammapic though. I have had my diesel cars remapped by 'big' companies and their claims have never lived up to reality.

Give the guy a break and if you aren't interested STFU, which I believe are actually the forumrules?. Just how 'extensive'is £50 anyway, you can always revert to the original map anyway

EDIT: Just gave myself 5 minutes to think about posting this but decided to do so anyway. It most certainly will not have got me off to the best start but it seems like there are people with an axe to grind on here but I say it like I see it

I haven't got a clue about mapping mate, but I'll admit that Unsure I know about engines and how they work in general in fact I would go as far as saying I know a fair bit about engines, if I don't I will learn and considering I am only 20 I'd say I'm doing well tbh. I work for an aerospace company overhauling gas turbine engines, so I'm no idiot. Don't get me wrong I like to say things as they are so that's what I am doing here.

I know some companies are p**s poor (even with the big names), but I wouldn't even rate them, stick to what's proven that's what I go by. The reason I get annoyed is normally James tries to look like he knows more than he actually does. At first I thought he was great now I realise he just re spouts s**t and it annoys me (maybe I should keep my mouth shut but I can't help it). I also have said nothing about using big tuning companies, I'm not sure where you got that from I know small companies or even individuals can be just as good if time and effort has been put into it.

I didn't whine about his £50 maps, I'm just saying if I were going stage 3 I would not go for the cheap option so please read and understand what I am saying before you decide to post....

Maybe use that 5 minutes to read over what I said before you click the button next time.

I just read over this again. I know I'm being quite harsh to you, but this is how I felt at the time so sorry in advance. Next time I would leave it a bit, so you get to know what people are like before you stick your neck out for them.
Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 21:48
jammapic

Senior User

Post #23
This is funny. I've not done any stage 3's, right. Sure. Get your facts right Smile also, look at the timeline... When bryn had his HDi, I didn't even know him. Why would someone I didn't know let me have the map they'd paid their hard earned cash for?

Also, look at the cars I've mapped, all making decent power on the dyno, proven and each ECU is a different hardware and software version - how could I copy that?

Finally, and I think most amusing - I respout s**t all the time? Right ok. Like what? I build stuff, I write stuff online and I prove theories. Often this upsets people because it "goes against the grain", but that's the way I work. I hate to be told things can't be done or are in possible.

Actually, one final point, Nick, you seem to have an axe to grind with me - yet I have never spoken to you or dealt with you as far as I am aware. What's the issue? I've never wronged anyone here, actually quite the opposite, I've tried to prove theories and give people cheaper options for improving the performance of their vehicle... Helping the community? Odd.

All this from a for sale thread for cheap, fully custom, written by me, dyno proven remaps for HDi's. Queer as folk!

JP

Posted 22nd Jul 2014 at 22:12
mabgti

NV motors

Post #24
I smell a whippy Confused

Good stuff JP. Nice to know your not a bedroom mapper. Get some decent editing software for edc17. Its natural to move from edc15 to 15. But 17's are very engine specific.

Keep up the good work. Thumbs up

Team Supercharged Gti-6

NV Motorsport
Automotive Performance Tuning
0121 448 7515
ECU Remapping/ DPF removal
VAG/BMW Diag and Option Coding
Peugeot Planet ECU coding/transponder programming etc
www.nvmotorsport.com
Facebook Page
Project S6
Posted 23rd Jul 2014 at 03:35
jammapic

Senior User

Post #25
What do you mean you smell a whippy?

Thanks for the vote of confidence mate, if you do mean it, it's nice to actually get a thumbs up from someone for a change!

JP

Posted 23rd Jul 2014 at 13:24

Pages (2): [1] 2