displaying posts 26 to 29 of 29

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: HDi remaps, £50.....
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #26
barrym wrote:
EDIT: Just gave myself 5 minutes to think about posting this but decided to do so anyway. It most certainly will not have got me off to the best start but it seems like there are people with an axe to grind on here but I say it like I see it

Welcome to the club. We need more people like you on here to keep the place interesting. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, so don't be shy to shoot from the hip.

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 23rd Jul 2014 at 13:41
    jammapic

Senior User

Post #27
    That's 14 done so far during this deal, got a few days left yet...

JP

HDI Engine Tuning / Remapping Services - https://www.facebook.com/dervtech

306 GTi-6 Track Car - 200+ hp all N/A!
    306 DTurbo Track beasty - 209.9hp - RIP
    Posted 27th Jul 2014 at 16:32
    devere

Senior User

Post #28
    jammapic wrote:
    Eh, just modify Bryns? Lol. I've never even opened his map, he had TB do his mapping and he was more than happy with it.

I started learning EDC15 on my old Golf TDi, which I desoldered the chips from, fitted sockets and had to blow an eeprom every time I wanted to try a new map, then when I got a HDi I looked into that, it works in a different way and had to learn how it hung together. But the basics were the same, actually easier because there's no boost control.

Then I had friends asking me for remaps, so basically every car that's come along I've had to learn and understand the differences and subtleties between each. This started with all the HDi stuff, 110's with boost control, then enabling VNT boost control for the 306 HDi's...

I then moved onto looking at Peugeots using the Siemens ECU's, which brought with it a whole new angle, using a torque request rather than an injected quantity request. From there it wasn't a huge jump to work out how EDC16 worked. I mapped a bunch of Vectras, Alfa Romeos and then the EDC16 VAG stuff like the 2.0 TDi's in both PD and CR guise.

Most recently, I've been looking at the tri-core EDC17 stuff, which is a test... but I've had good results on the cars I've been working on and I will soon be able to do Denso ECU's too as I've been dabbling with a certain boring Astra I've had for 4 years! :-)

All self taught, with input from the various tuning forums and friends I have who are tuners.... So, to answer that question, no, I didn't just "look at bryn's file"...

As for a 1.4 HDi, yes I've played with a couple of them, in both a 206 and a fiesta 1.4 TDCi (same engine). They are pretty appauling with 68hp on tap, but much better when up around 100hp. Fit an intercooler and you can push a little further, but the clutches aren't the strongest.

JP

When you say you have played with th 1.4, does that mean you offer a map for them, or is that just a work in process? Id definitely be interested in a bit more go as long as it still had the economy.
    Posted 27th Jul 2014 at 18:12
    jammapic

Senior User

Post #29
    I used to have one truth be told, it was desperate - so decided it needed some work.

I'll be honest with you, it's had no-where near the same development as the 2.0 HDi maps I've done, but a stage 1 is easy on any car really. The 1.4 HDi is no different. I was happy with another 20/25hp and a chunk more torque. So long as you don't drive the wheels off it, your economy won't suffer.

JP

HDI Engine Tuning / Remapping Services - https://www.facebook.com/dervtech

306 GTi-6 Track Car - 200+ hp all N/A!
    306 DTurbo Track beasty - 209.9hp - RIP
    Posted 27th Jul 2014 at 18:24

Pages (2): 1 [2]