displaying posts 1 to 10 of 10

Author Subject: New Flexi Hoses
osm2121

Regular

Post #1
Im trying to fit some braided brake lines to my 6, with ABS and standard calipers, but i cant find no one to built them for me (welcome to Uruguay), so...
I´ll have to do them myself.
According to servicebox, legnths are 530mm fronts, 240 and 200mm rears.
Size of hoses (According to Hel website):
Inner Diameter - 3mm ( 0.12" )
Outer Diameter - 7mm ( 0.28" )
And im not sure about the fittings. I believe front ones are both M10x1.0, Female to the car and Male to the Caliper. It´s that right? and, rear hoses fittings are the same?
Thanks
Posted 1st May 2014 at 04:54
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #2
Why can you not just buy them off HEL and get them shipped out to you??

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 1st May 2014 at 09:00
sharvey44

Senior User

Post #3
I've got a brand new full set of HEL braided lines in Blue. PM me if you are interested.

Ph2.5 Nile - Slowly trying to de-East London it and restore to former glory...
Built on the 9 Febuary 1999 - Tuesday's car..is full of pace? Wink

Currently looking slightly molested due to some c*nt trying to get into it.. Sad

According to the forum Social Worker, because I work in IT, I am socially retarted..
Posted 2nd May 2014 at 08:37
osm2121

Regular

Post #4
They are too expensive!! I dont think is worth that money, even more considering is a standard street car. Buying the hose and the fittings and get someone to assemble it, is a lot cheaper, and resaults are basically the same. I can do it for half or less than that maybe.
Posted 2nd May 2014 at 15:22
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #5
A full set of HEL lines is like £80, I struggle to believe you'll get them made as a one-off for much less....

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 2nd May 2014 at 19:28
osm2121

Regular

Post #6
Yep, £80 is not that bad, but im in Uruguay, and that means the £80, plus £10 shipping, plus 60% taxes, that makes a total of £144 Thumbs down
But, even if it were only the £80, its 2mts of hose and 8 conectors! I think its still a bit too much
Posted 5th May 2014 at 01:23
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Get them shipped as a gift or with a very low value ?
Posted 5th May 2014 at 01:20
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Standard brake lines are even cheaper
Posted 5th May 2014 at 01:22
osm2121

Regular

Post #9
I can ask to be shipped as gift or at a low value, but everybody does that, so... Use and abuse, and no longer works. I wont take the chance of paying £144 for some hoses.
I wanted to try the steel braided hoses for what i´ve read, that they are a lot better than standard rubber ones, so, if i know what connectors i need, and the measure of the hose (I mean inner and outer diameter), maybe i can do them or have them done for half the price Thumbs up
Posted 5th May 2014 at 01:31
osm2121

Regular

Post #10
Well, after getting some quotes for the materials only, it would be even more expensive than buying them there and paying taxes!! Oh my beautifull conuntry Thumbs down
They asked for £41 x mt of hose and £15 each fitting!!! Totaly out of their minds!! What the f@ck is wrong with this people??? So, would be over £200 only the materials. Crazy

But luckily, finally I found out that Hel is also stablished in USA, so I bought them there for £70 with free shipping, and no risk of paying taxes. Thumbs up
Posted 5th May 2014 at 15:49