displaying posts 26 to 28 of 28

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Silver (fox) ph1 GTi from Denmark - daily/semi ring tool project
testacorsa

Post #26
Yep the alufoil was my first thought too, but the stuff I found wasn't shiny enough.
I used chrome foil from d-c-fix, which is made of pvc I would guess.
I considered painting my frames, like some do, but I like the original look the best.

Another close up - the left is the restored one Smile

Looking forward to the ring - so excited about fulfilling that dream!

My silver Fox thread

My wanted add
Posted 10th May 2014 at 12:11
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Looking really good...even the one on the right looks to have more chrome left on the frames...mine are completely matte.

Indicators are here:
Link
Link2

From memory you can buy them as a pair somewhere on ebay for slightly less than individually but I can't see them at the moment. Definitely worth just buying new for the indicators as the plastic lenses glaze and go cloudy as well as the insides going matte, and the lenses are bonded on, so even if you get them off they normall break and the end result is still crap. These fit well and look fresh next to clean lights!

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 10th May 2014 at 15:15
testacorsa

Post #28
Thanks Smile

They will be replaced at some point, as it's cheap to do, and brings a lot as you say.
My radiator, and bumper got here friday, but I wasn't at home, so the postman took the parcels with him again. But, hopefully I will get the car up and running this week Smile

My silver Fox thread

My wanted add
Posted 11th May 2014 at 19:18

Pages (2): 1 [2]