displaying posts 1 to 20 of 20

Author Subject: My 1360cc beastie is finally dying, breaking for parts, some shi
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Thought I'd cross post it here in case anyone wants some of the odds and sods, even if most of it is useless for a '6.
All parts are for a 1.4 Phase 1 single-point injection 306 with rear drums and no ABS unless otherwise stated.

4x Mi16 alloys in anthracite wrapped in Parada Spec 2s - £150 ono
Do have some bubbling and the usual stonechips, approx 3-4mm left on the tyres. 195/50 R15's.

My spare set of 5 x Mi16 alloys in silver with various tyres (some dunlop, some pirelli IIRC) - £60 ono
Have approx 3-5mm of tread, I bought them to refurbish so the paint is tatty and they have some kerbing, but would still get someone going if they needed. 195/55 R15's

Mi16 leather steering wheel, pretty worn due to manual rack and geometry making steering heavy, but still the best looking steering wheel for a 306 - £5

3dr side skirts with seals in primer - £10

Grayston engineering flat-faced locking wheel bolts - £10 per set
I have 4 sets of these, some of the best aftermarket bolts you can get, and don't spin and snap after a little corrsion, like the McGuard and similar do. If somebody wants all 4 sets I'll do them for £30.

Blue fleck half-leather S16 seats, front and rear - £80 ono
Drivers seat has a little bolster wear but not bad, rear bench has a slight slit in the leather (although just the surface, not all the way through), but in otherwise good condtion, can come with the matching front doorcards however one has been modified to allow use of a manual window wiper handle.

<PROV SOLD> Front Gaz adjustable struts with -40mm Apex springs (probably -60mm on the heavier models) - £125 ono
Struts have been modified with better oil and slightly more low-speed compression damping than the off-the-shelf versions.
Will come with 12 month old topmounts and bearings in great condition - I may split if someone wants the mounts and someone the struts.

<SOLD>. Pair of steel 20mm hubcentric spacers (the bolt-to type, come with mounting bolts), £15 ono

Front brakes inc. 266mm 307 front brake calipers, good condition discs, EBC Bluestuff NDX pads, and includes a pair of braided Goodridge hoses - £150 ono
Calipers were refurbished when I bought them and are in great condition, pads are only 1/4 worn or so, loads of life left - the RRP on those pads is well over £100 alone. Being 307 calipers they're offset 10mm further in so great for people with wheel fitment issues/deep dish wheels. Had regular fluid changes every 6 months or so (currently on ATE SuperBlue) internally they're spotless.

<PROV SOLD> 23mm master cylinder, like new - £25 ono
Probably haven't even done 1000 miles since fitting this, I will include some short lengths of cupronickel line from the master cylinder to the bulkhead with flares and fittings on the end so you can just tie into your existing lines if the ends are knackered/siezed as usual. I do have the matching cupronickel lines to the front brakes too but there's a gap in the middle where I had some Wilwood residual valves fitted.

Rear drums, ~4 years old from new, have been drilled and balanced, have good bearings - £20 the pair
Were bought new as part of a refresh, had brand new bearings fitted at the same time which are in perfect condition, I can chuck in the part-worn shoes, etc, if you want them, as above, they were drilled to prevent glazing with some Mintex rally compound shoes I have, were also, balanced at the same time.

pair of rear wheel cylinders - £10
Replaced at the same time as the drums above, internally regulated type, great condition with free moving/unsiezed bleed nipples.

Goodridge rear braided lines - £5
To suit the above, one is used, one is brand new, if you buy the drums and cylinders you can have these for free.

Front hubs, non-abs, 16mm balljoint, TU bearing/driveshaft size. Good bearings. - £30 the pair
Were cleaned, blasted and put back together with new bearings about a year or so ago, bearings are perfect.

Rose jointed tubular lower wishbones, 3-point design with rose jointed inners and taking a normal 306 balljoint outer so you can swap sizes, etc, made from T45 tube so will take some serious abuse, rose joints are all chro-moly steel and fitted with sealing boots. - £350 ono
Can't be used with the standard arb (although you can probably make it work by welding tabs on if required, my car was setup not to need one)

S16 rear torsion bars - £20

Gti6 rear anti-roll bar (24mm) - £20

Solid rear beam mounts - £80
Fronts are looking a little tatty so I will strip and redo them before collection/postage, please bear that in mind if you're in a rush, as I'm flat out with family issues at the moment so may take a little while.

TU upper and lower strutbraces - £30 the pair
These will only fit TU engines (and the upper brace only on ones that can take a straight brace across the tower tops), please be aware that as they were made for my own car they're only made from offcuts and scraps - form over function for me - so they have dents and welds in odd places, and need a damned good rub down and paint.

2.6 turn VTS rack, was used as a manual rack so no pipes, £50 ono
No ram fitted but I probably have one somewhere if you need it, possibly have a gti6 ram if it's going on one of those, can come with lower column half if you have the wrong fitting for the VTS rack. Has been stood a while but I filled the shuttle with grease to stop any flash rust on the shuttle, valves or torsion bar and it's been indoors.

Innovate LC-1 wideband lambda sensor - £70 ono
Few years old but in good condition, comes with jack to RS232 lead, I also wrapped all the wiring up and didn't cut it down so has plenty of wiring length for almost any installation - I also extended the wire with the reset button/LED warning lamp and combined them into a light-up button so you can monitor/reset it in the car, I had it built into the dashboard along with the output to connect to the laptop.
Comes with a copper sheet heatsink for turbo applications or use close to the cylinder head.

Plenty more to come, I'm open to reasonable offers on everything, collection preferred but I can post if need be.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 12:18
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Very interested in the rack if you could find a GTi6 ram. Looks like my ram is leaking so makes sense to change the rack at the same time.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 14:57
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
In which case I may be interested in your old standard gti6 rack Dan. Just beed to get a creak diagnosed 1st.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 15:11
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Wishbones, arb, vts rack, braces and master cylinder are provisionally sold

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 19:30
marco gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Did you have a set of your droplinks and one of your lower strut braces on this car? Is so i'd be interested in them Wink
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 19:51
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I'm afraid the brace would only fit TU engined models as the engine/exhaust config is completely different from other models, and they are provisionally sold now either way Smile

Email me!
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 20:03
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
let us know if the wishbones become available again.

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 20:24
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
I'm afraid they've already been paid for, he wanted to make sure nobody else got them Smile

Email me!
Posted 19th Feb 2014 at 20:32
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Alright guys, sorry about the lack of updates, I've just been flat out with other stuff and haven't even had a chance to take a wheel bolt out yet, but some bits are sold and some are provisionally so, I'll update the list at the weekend and grab some pictures.

Email me!
Posted 26th Feb 2014 at 21:52
milesy6

Junior User

Post #10
Got any pics of the mi16 steering wheel please?
Posted 27th Feb 2014 at 11:33
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
I'm afraid it's provisionally sold, but I'll get you a pic in case it doesn't go.

Email me!
Posted 27th Feb 2014 at 12:47
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
I want your rack Big grin

Rallye Race Car
Posted 27th Feb 2014 at 19:26
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #13
If noone takes steering wheel then i'll have it
Posted 27th Feb 2014 at 22:09
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
Sold I'm afraid DDD.

Have a brand new (literally, I picked it up a couple of days ago and it hasn't even been fitted) Bosch S3 012 battery if anyone needs one, £40, local pickup only due to the weight.

Email me!
Posted 27th Feb 2014 at 23:04
midlife

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
What are you moving onto Jean LucDunno

Cool

Get used to seeing the yellow one !!!MehMehMehMehMeh
Team 330™Cool
Team "no front end or engine"
Team "LIMITED EDITION" I live for the 306 stickerSmug
Team 0-60 in 6.44 & standing qtr in 14.808 @ 94.55mph all with std engineSmug
203bhp Corolla T-Sport daily driver stealthier than Kwai Chang Caine
Posted 27th Feb 2014 at 23:48
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
106 1.1 zest?

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 28th Feb 2014 at 06:27
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
Bought a 406 coupe. Armchairmobile

Email me!
Posted 28th Feb 2014 at 18:27
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
Innovate Wideband is back up for sale, off the car, boxed up and ready to go Smile

Email me!
Posted 12th May 2014 at 12:33
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
For those that requested some pictures of the wideband:

Smile

There's the comm lead and heatsink not in the pics but they will come with it.

Email me!
Posted 13th May 2014 at 22:09
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
Wideband provisionally sold. Again Smile

Email me!
Posted 14th May 2014 at 10:38