Author Subject: What is legal and better
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
Lol that's mad!

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 1st Nov 2013 at 23:05
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Hid lights just p**s everyone off !

They are great out in the sticks but just get you flashed every other car who think you have your main beams on
Posted 1st Nov 2013 at 23:25
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
i have some angel halo headlights on my 6 currently.

if i have them on main beam.......i dont think a single person notices or flashes me to tell me "c**t" they're that poor lumen output Big grin

but in all seriousness.......just get some glasses for nightime driving..... poor eyesight is made even worse in the dark.

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 7th Nov 2013 at 18:31
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
doon1988 wrote:
cheers. Will try some ultra white ones first prior to going down the HID conversion route. As mentioned above its probably very unlikely to to be something the police would pull you for on the grand scheme of things

Depends. Thing is a car is very obvious with try-hard aftermarket HID lights fitted in units that are not designed for them - very distinctive looking as the HIDs seem to illuminate the lens itself, does not shine through it like factory fitted HIDs or normal lights, easy to spot them 100m away. It is not like the coppers need a magnifying glass to see them. Other road users thinking you are a knob is potentially the least of your problems. If you have an accident an insurance assessor if he spots them could declare the car not legally roadworthy despite a current MOT in the same way as a car with illegally worn tyres, then they refuse to pay out.

Good luck talking your way out of that.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 7th Nov 2013 at 19:57

Pages (2): 1 [2]