displaying posts 1 to 15 of 15

Author Subject: shall I slate a crap bodyshop?
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Had some painting done on my 6 recently and they've done a really bad job (twice) on it. Pretty disappointed about it. Should I do a nice long thread with pictures documenting how crap they are? Discuss!

Team Peugeot Sport 308 Gti

Black T'99 Gti - may she rest in peace - written off in a shunt on the A329m
Posted 30th Sep 2013 at 14:53
rikky 🦔

Post #2
ya

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 30th Sep 2013 at 14:54
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Main issue is the colour match is horrendous. Ive got a quarter panel, and rear bumper which are now a completely different colour black to whats there already. Last bodyshop I used got it spot on. Only they sprayed to thick and theres holidays all over it.

Posted 30th Sep 2013 at 14:59
rikky 🦔

Post #4
have you spoke to them to see if they'll rectify it? did you notice a problem immediately upon picking it up?

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 30th Sep 2013 at 15:06
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
It was wrong. I moaned. They did it again and still got it wrong. I gave up. Each time I got it back it was covered in more overspray and they'd cut more corners. Cut my losses in the end.

Posted 30th Sep 2013 at 15:13
rikky 🦔

Post #6
how bad of a job is it? like, really bad, or just minor bits? surely they should check it after they're done to make sure they're happy putting their name to it Erm?

pics?

Posted 30th Sep 2013 at 15:25
darkgti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Listen mate when I get a chance I'll pull my finger out and do a thread on it with pics. They deserve to be named and shamed I think. Unfortunately for me after I decided to use them I found a negative thread about them on the Berkshire modified car club called Team Shock. Oh well.

Posted 30th Sep 2013 at 15:34
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Some one smacked in to my cupra 2 months ago finaly getting it fixed and getting the bumper blown over , I'm dreading it as mine is red and dreading there colour match, I only trust one person he blew my bumpers on my rallye and got them perfect but it's gone through insurance so out my hands

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 30th Sep 2013 at 16:08
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #9
Yeah, get a thread with pics etc up, it's always good to know where to go/not to go for other enthusiasts. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 30th Sep 2013 at 19:28
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
jimmyrallye wrote:
Some one smacked in to my cupra 2 months ago finaly getting it fixed and getting the bumper blown over , I'm dreading it as mine is red and dreading there colour match, I only trust one person he blew my bumpers on my rallye and got them perfect but it's gone through insurance so out my hands

Its not out of your hands at all. Insurers dont tell you this because they get discounts with their approved bodyshops but its your choice as to who you use for insurance repairs.
Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 20:19
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Yeah, you have to tell them straight away. I had a claim on my Vivaro when it was 6 months old and I phoned them and said I wanted it done at the Vauxhall garage where I bought it and after some grumbling they agreed.

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 20:40
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Oh and on another note, how long has it been since it was painted? When my misses old man crashed into my 1.8, i had my body shop of choice fix it. When i picked it up, the rear bumper was horrendously out on colour but a week later it was perfect. Was obviously still green when i picked it up and took its time fully drying.
Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 20:42
Roon

Junior User

Post #13
Yes 100 percent. On another forum I use we have a praise and grumble section which has helped out countless members with where to go or totally avoid.

I feel your pain had a similar issue on my old car and they didn't give a crap until trading standards were involved.
Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 23:34
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
Well mines going in Friday will update with pics when it comes back

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 21:32
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
In the FAQ there is a recommended garages list somewhere...this could be expanded to include businesses eg. powdercoaters etc. and also include ones to avoid?

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 23:19