displaying posts 26 to 50 of 58

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

Author Subject: RIP W768UVC
mr west

Senior User

Post #26
as said by all, glad your ok, lucky no one was in the back seat, they would be hurting more I think

white rallye
cherry dead rallye
s16
Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 14:06
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Its dawned on me today how lucky it was that I saw this thing coming.

Had I not, I would have been sat there with my foot off the brake pedal (for the initial impact), and the impact would have sent me into either the car in front or off into another lane, and I remember the first lane also had a truck travelling in it at some speed, which is why I could not change lanes to get out of the way of the truck that hit me. I could have been killed in all fairness.....

The whiplash would have also been a lot worse had I not seen it coming and braced myself by grabbing the steering wheel with both hands and forcing my body into the drivers chair and headrest.
The force would have sent my head bobbing all over the show had I not been expecting the impact!

Been A&E today, got painkillers and told to go see my doctor on Monday.
Also been to see the police to report it and I should hear from Thames Valley police at some point as there was this injury involved......

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 14:46
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
If you want to presume that the lorry driver was on his phone then lets just put this into perspective...

When driving and using a mobile phone your attention maybe slightly reduced but you will still be looking at the traffic ahead. I cannot understand why this would cause the lorry driver to not see stopped traffic. On the other hand, the car driver has switched lanes into the lorry drivers lane and then pretty much done an emergency stop in front of it. It doesnt take a brainiac to work out that lorries need a longer stopping distance.

Yes i am a lorry driver and i see bad driving all the time but 90% of it is caused by car drivers. I see men and women, old and young driving on the phone or phone on their lap because they are texting whilst driving. It annoyes me that people jump to the conclusion that truckers are always on their phone whilst driving.

The main thing is the drivers are ok. Let the police find out if the lorry driver was on his phone or not and if he was, i hope he gets in s**t for it.

As for the compo claim, making out that your injuries are worse than they are is quite illegal and the main reason for our insurance premiums rising.

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
BLACK RALLYE - Sold
205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 15:20
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #29
3rd time lucky wrote:

As for the compo claim, making out that your injuries are worse than they are is quite illegal and the main reason for our insurance premiums rising.

Did he say he was making it out to be worse? Dunno

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 15:38
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
The lorry driver had a f**king runway to stop before he reached me but didn't even look like he was braking. I was stationary for a good 5 seconds before the impact which is quite a long time when braking for slowing traffic.

He was not paying attention, end of. I know because I watched him approach me in my rear view mirror for that entire time to witness him not slow down.

Coupled with the fact he said barely a word to me post accident and drove off in record time is a testament to his guilty conscience.

He certainly did not get out of his cabin and rant 'you just pulled out in front of me and emergency stopped' and you know why? Because he wasn't paying attention.

As for making out my injuries are worse than they are...who the hell are you to judge how it feels to get a 12 ton truck up your ass at 50mph?

I know you do love to jump to the defense of truckers, such is your biased opinion of them, but please try to remove your head from your arse in this case and accept, he simply was not watching the road.

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 15:41
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Why didn't you call the police at the time? If I had done no wrong and a truck arrived up my arse I'd get them involved from the start and not have let him leave.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 16:10
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but like I said I'm new to that kind of situation and I didn't know how to react, I wasn't in a good frame of mind either after being hit and was pretty dazed/confused.

In future I will react with this experience in mind obviously!

Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 16:16
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Sorry if it seemed like i was aiming the comment at you Honestly3K, it was aimed at all the comments that followed.

BLACK RALLYE - Sold
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 16:19
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
ian7675 wrote:
3rd time lucky wrote:

Did he say he was making it out to be worse? Dunno

This is what i was refering to...

craig-gti6 wrote:
You need to get yourself down the doctors and tell him a load of bo***cks, your necks killing you, your backs aching all the time, you can't sleep,etc. that's the only way to get your money back for your car and the money you've probably spent on it.

BLACK RALLYE - Sold
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 16:23
ian7675

Techno Viking

Post #35
craig-gti6 wrote:

I had a pretty bad crash in November due to a silly b**ch not paying attention. You need to get yourself down the doctors and tell him a load of bo***cks, your necks killing you, your backs aching all the time, you can't sleep,etc. that's the only way to get your money back for your car and the money you've probably spent on it. I got £800 for my car and £3200 for my compensation which was a lot less than I was expecting as I had broken ribs, a punctured lung, whiplash and a bad lower back (obviously I told them my neck and back was a lot more painful than it was)

Roll eyes Thanks for contributing to the ever increasing insurance premiums.

Edit: 3rd time lucky, I just found the post you were on about now.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 16:35
craig-gti6

Regular

Post #36
ian7675 wrote:
craig-gti6 wrote:

I had a pretty bad crash in November due to a silly b**ch not paying attention. You need to get yourself down the doctors and tell him a load of bo***cks, your necks killing you, your backs aching all the time, you can't sleep,etc. that's the only way to get your money back for your car and the money you've probably spent on it. I got £800 for my car and £3200 for my compensation which was a lot less than I was expecting as I had broken ribs, a punctured lung, whiplash and a bad lower back (obviously I told them my neck and back was a lot more painful than it was)

Roll eyes Thanks for contributing to the ever increasing insurance premiums.

Edit: 3rd time lucky, I just found the post you were on about now.

That's no problem at allThumbs up
The way I see it is that we all pay for car insurance so why should we suffer for other peoples mistakes? If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident why shouldn't you use the service that you pay for? Insurance company's will try and pay out as little as possible, they tryed to offer me a grand for my Injurys at first!!! A poxy grand for a punctured lung and broken ribs, do you think that's fair? The only way to get what you deserve is to make out your in more pain than you are IMO. As for 'ever rising premiums' what a load of crap. These prises will continue to rise either way as will the price of everything else.
Posted 21st Sep 2013 at 18:36
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Errr...but we are paying for other people's mistakes. Every time any of us pay an insurance premium at least £75 of it is to pay for other people's whiplash claims.

Point taken that a punctured lung and broken ribs are potentially serious injuries and probably a Rizla paper away from being a fatal RTA, so glad you are OK, and my commiserations to you for the insurance company trying to rip you off for the injuries.

But on the other hand telling lies to get more money is unacceptable. Moreover anyone who admits to doing so or advises others to do so on an internet forum is a f**king idiot. If you get a knock at the door you'll have to plead PTSD from the accident and say it is not what you meant, honestly officer.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 22nd Sep 2013 at 18:29
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
I agree with Mik, punctured lung and broken ribs is a bloody serious crash but that doesn't mean everyone should just lie about how much they got hurt. It is fraud and the only reason people do it is because it's difficult to prove the extent of a whiplash injury, if there was a test or a way for doctors to assess whiplash I think the number of claims would go down drastically!

Could it be that your insurance didn't want to pay out that much because they've probably had to pay a load out already on false / exaggerated claims? It's unlikely, I admit, but if they have to pay out more frequently then they will have less cash to pay out when people actually need it.

Prices of everything are barely increasing as inflation is low, the rate at which some people's insurance is going up is significantly more than the rate of inflation!

Rallye Race Car
Posted 22nd Sep 2013 at 18:54
craig-gti6

Regular

Post #39
mik wrote:
Errr...but we are paying for other people's mistakes. Every time any of us pay an insurance premium at least £75 of it is to pay for other people's whiplash claims.

Point taken that a punctured lung and broken ribs are potentially serious injuries and probably a Rizla paper away from being a fatal RTA, so glad you are OK, and my commiserations to you for the insurance company trying to rip you off for the injuries.

But on the other hand telling lies to get more money is unacceptable. Moreover anyone who admits to doing so or advises others to do so on an internet forum is a f**king idiot. If you get a knock at the door you'll have to plead PTSD from the accident and say it is not what you meant, honestly officer.

In my incident, I told my doctor and insurance company that I was in more PAIN than I actually was as I didn't really hurt that much to be honest my neck and back just felt stiff. My insurance company then sent me to have 8 sessions of physio, once I had been and had all 8 sessions my physio then had to request an extra 9 sessions as my Injurys were even worse than I made out.
Had I not exaggerated my pain, I may not have been sent to physio and I may have ended up getting paid out the poxy grand I was offered. Then a few months down the line i would have been having to shell out for 17 physio sessions at £40 a time to repair my Injurys that I got through no fault of my own.
So who ever wants to knock at my door can feel free, but they will only get told to f**k off
Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 16:56
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #40
Fair play Craig I reckon. Yes

At least you are properly healed now I imagine...sometimes getting extra physio is the only way to go. I have an issue at the moment with the left side of my neck and shoulder blade where it hurts bad, I might have to see a physio. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 17:08
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Did anyone stop for one second to think of poor Marilyn in all this?! I mean - look at her!

JUST LOOK AT HER! Cry

Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 17:42
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #42

Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 17:45
craig-gti6

Regular

Post #43
I feel for Marilyn, but I think she got off light compared to my little black b**ch Latoya
Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 19:23
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
Touche ^

Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 19:50
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #45
craig-gti6 wrote:

That looks seriously painful!

BLACK RALLYE - Sold
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 19:59
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
Where's Simon James's rallye pics when you need them? Now that was a f**k up and a half.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 20:37
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
At least it didnt land in a field... LOL

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 20:45
doon1988

Regular

Post #48
Sad
Posted 23rd Sep 2013 at 21:03
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
The driver was completly unscathed in fairness.

It would seem they stand up quite well in a big collision.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 24th Sep 2013 at 00:14
Chris28190

Senior User

Post #50
Bloodly hell lucky to come out unhurt Shock

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
Posted 24th Sep 2013 at 13:52

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3