displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: ebay vs dealers.
Nose

Senior User

Post #1
Hi guys, just a silly observation really. I've recently got myself a white Rallye (which is the dogsCool I' m just about to start a bit of a 'resto' on it, paint the underneath, inside wheel arches etc, but I also think its the little things that add to the overall finish of a car.
Anyway, point being the aerial on my car is a bit bentThumbs down , and me being the sad arse that I am, it needs changing. So I looked on fleabay and sure enough there are quite a few on there, one place was £20 delivered - for a new aerial and base, and quite a few around the £15 mark. So I phoned my mate at Peugeot - £11 all in for new base and aerialShock I will also be changing the back plates on the rear brakes, again on ebay someone is selling original Peugeot ones for £55 delivered, I'm sure they were at least £20 cheaper from Peugeot.
So not teaching anyone to suck eggs here, but sometimes it really is worth a quick call to the stealers, you may get a nice surpriseThumbs up

9f

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 21:34
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
9f true blud and peace back at you.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 21:36
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Disc protectors which I tend to supply when I sell an axle are about £18 each from main dealer

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 21:52
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Its just the ease sometimes with the bay. You look and two button clicks and its on its way. I've done it with clips for this although anything mechanical I buy from Pug

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 22:03
dcc

Senior User

Post #5
one phonecall and my local dealer will have the bits for me sooner than ebay will usually.

205 GTI
Xsara HDI
Posted 20th Sep 2013 at 09:30
davidmartin

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I've got sets of 6 ES9J4S plugs up for 38 quid delivered,a trip to the dealers for them and you'll be £98.88 lighter in the pocket.

pet hate, the cat
Posted 20th Sep 2013 at 10:08