displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Radiator help
Pug bazza

Regular

Post #1
Hi guys, yesterday I was parked up when I heard explosion, after driving I realise my temperature gauge heading to the red, so I stopped let it cool down and drove it home, in the morning I opened the expansion tank to find no water in it, so I filled it up with water and it started to leak from the hose that goes to the back of the engine, now the issue I have is that when I was replacing the engine I did try to disconnect the pipe from the radiator but it wouldn't budge so any suggestions on how to get it off also I'm curious to find out what could causes it to explode as I had drivers it for long while and all temperature was fine till at standstill it happened, when the engine is cold and I check the water each morning, there is pressure in the expansion tank when removing the cap so would this been the cause of it as it was pressurised thank you any help appriciated
Posted 14th Sep 2013 at 22:11
dcc

Senior User

Post #2
remove the clip.

headgasket is probably on its way.

205 GTI
Xsara HDI
Posted 15th Sep 2013 at 18:21
jimmyhackers

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
heat and wigglling gets most hoses off. and yeah sounds like a hg issue Sad

the world is changed by people in sheds
Posted 16th Sep 2013 at 16:17
Pug bazza

Regular

Post #4
I think it head gasket I fixed hose so no leaks I drove it and after 2 minutes, it went in red, I had to stop let it cool b4 going home, my old man reacons head gasket to as when the pipe blew it was on red b4 I realised and stopped, I took the car on a longer drive and the temperature was on 90-100 but not on the red, I was also thinking it might be air in the system as a last precaution, can anyone tell me how to take air out if the system thanks guys
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 22:27
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
See reply in your other thread here: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=157472

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 00:47
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #6
If the HG wasn't already going, I'm pretty sure that is what the fault will be now. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 07:00
Pug bazza

Regular

Post #7
Lol oh stan, I really don't like my peugeot my French lover keeps breaking my heart but but but I CAN'T RESIST LOL, I'm going to bleed it this morning so all the best if I get stuck i will coming back here
Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 07:52