displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: URGENT !!! How to take Air out of coolant system
Pug bazza

Regular

Post #1
Hello guys, I blew my radiator hose last week, I fixed the hose, so went out for a drive and the temp went close to the red I then let it cool down b4 heading of an then it was on the like after the 90 degrees mark and occasionally came down to 90 degrees, I'm just thinking what can the cause be and when I returned home I looked at the coolant level and it was low when before going on the journey it was can some one tell me the cause also how I would release air in the coolant system
All help is appriciated thank you
Posted 18th Sep 2013 at 23:51
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Bleed screw on the rad top right side as you look at it ? Open this and fill rad till water comes out the bleed hole close it once rad is full and coolant coming out bleed point. Move onto the throttle bodie (green brown blue plug) there is another bleed point here so repeat the bleed process. The last one is for the heater matrix up on the bulk head near the brake servo ? Undo this bleed point and fill rad as befor till water appears at this point (may need to run engine and rev car to get water at this point ) Thumbs up
Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 00:02
Pug bazza

Regular

Post #3
Thanks so do I run the engine as I fill rad and open the bleed point on top of the rad, and throttle body and the rest of the bleeding process thanks
Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 00:26
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I followed the coolant bleeding instructions in the FAQ when I changed my rad and hoses and it worked really well. I filled my rad through the top hose and the rad cap, then opened all the bleed screws and went from there.

Here it is: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=17523

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 00:45
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #5
It's not the throttle body, it's the thermostat housing. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 19th Sep 2013 at 14:00