displaying posts 1 to 25 of 28

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: moving on....rallye sold
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #1

Well today I sold my last running moteed and taxed 306, so for the first time in 7 years I don't own a 306 that's on the road. the rallye left tonight to live a much better life than I can give her right now despite my mrs driving it up the hill climb neater and tidier ( in places) and faster than half the 205 and 306 members on here and drivers and it endearing itself to us both and a few other friends the decision was made to sell it.

Sadly it was for sale to fund a sensible family car intending to be a 535d tourer but the day after the rallye provisionally sold one of my best mates splits up with his mrs and no longer has anywhere to park this....

(motorbike not included).
I am 2k short of the asking price this month but he has given me a 2 month period to get it paid for....... ohhh what to do.

Its a 1967 bay window imported to usa in 1970 and exported to the uk 4 years ago and is currently awaiting its mot and sva. Its a Porsche 911 2.4 litre engine, on airbags hi lo settings, Porsche brakes and lots of other trick bits with a pucker roof rack and 911 turbo front seats.... What do people think its worth as It needs a few k in it to use or a lot of k to get it really really nice or as the mrs wants it, a family camper...... anyone got any ideas on its worth done ( it wont be for sale as this is a life time ambition for me and the mrs, and my 205 turbo will be for sale to fund some of the work if we decide to mint it...its mostly and I mean mostly rust free..... I love the graphics... but the mrs has ideas of windows and a kitchenette / bed in the back....

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:55
wilyoldave

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I lovvvvveeeee campers - had a 74 bay window years ago - wish I still had it now.

Go for it Andy!

No more peugeots Sad

Snap - no more RS clioSad

Now Ph1 RS clio Smile
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:25
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Like you need any convincing Andy!

Do it, otherwise you'll regret it.

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+ (now gone...)
2004 Aegean Blue 206 GTi 180 (also gone...)
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS in Sprint Yellow

honestly3k wrote:
Do you wrestle for a living matt? You sound like a monster LOL

owain wrote:
Nothing involving a 306 can be considered worthwhile.

Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:29
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
but passed one broken down 2 hrs after being offered it, what do you reckon its worth??

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:30
wilyoldave

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Value - dunno but earlier in the year was looking at them and they are making mental money!

Just do it and make sure you have AA cover!

No more peugeots Sad

Now Ph1 RS clio Smile
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:32
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
theres an echo round here.....

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:32
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
yippeekayay wrote:
but passed one broken down 2 hrs after being offered it, what do you reckon its worth??

These things are like any old classic, such a wide range of values its nigh on impossible to say. It's worth whatever folks are willing to pay.

If its affordable, its priced right. That make sense??

honestly3k wrote:

owain wrote:

Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:33
wilyoldave

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
yippeekayay wrote:
theres an echo round here.....

LOL

No more peugeots Sad

Now Ph1 RS clio Smile
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:36
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
he had offers on it over 11.5k last year as is, but been offered it substantially lower than that price. just wanting a safety zone if it HAD to go and I don't have 16k in it done....

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:39
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Don't forget the seasonality of these things price wise, Autumns almost here, so the strong money will always be made in spring / summer. Looking at that point, now's the time to buy.

Do these things fetch massive money when they are heavily modded? Or more value in the standard minters??

honestly3k wrote:

owain wrote:

Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:41
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Thats my worry too matt. Its hardly ballistic as the brakes are currently horrendeous as no servo, steering is well how do isay "s**te".... like the volvo 240 gl jeremy Clarkson yanked lock to lock at 50mph and it continued straight on as its a steering box.... but its uber cool in my mind...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 21:53
t3ora

Regular

Post #12
Andy the lad next door to my work just payed 10k for a camper one in good contion, he should know about them he has a spilt screen camper worth 30k.
They am not a every day thing and don't like doing miles,so you need to think will you ever use it
Because they am s**t in winter(having no heater) and not much better in Summer

Road/track car coming together slowly
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 22:06
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Andy stick a 6 engine in it.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 22:37
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
it would be great in the twisties then, but the Scooby doo lump appeals more....but that would seriously affect the value I think...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Sep 2013 at 22:54
matt evans

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
Start with a harsh bid, then see what the reaction is.

£5k seems fair as a starting point?

honestly3k wrote:

owain wrote:

Posted 6th Sep 2013 at 09:58
mr west

Senior User

Post #16
a few of my mates are mad on old dubs, I think they are normally on fendubbers might be a good place to start. i'll send them a link to this thread see what they say.

white rallye
cherry dead rallye
s16
Posted 6th Sep 2013 at 12:52
mr west

Senior User

Post #17
the first thing my mate said (he does know his stuff with in the aircooled world) is that its a 72 not a 67 and would be concerned why its being sold as a 67

white rallye
cherry dead rallye
s16
Posted 6th Sep 2013 at 13:59
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
I would really check for rust / dodgy repairs on these. They are fundamentally crap, but hold their value and tend to reflect the money you put in when it comes to sell.

I've got a now reliable T4 you can have for a lot less. Its twice the size in the back, more fitting for a man of your stature Smile

Nothing to see here
Posted 6th Sep 2013 at 15:43
honestly3k

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
Personally, I think these vans have a certain novelty value, but for me the interest stops there.

For the aforementioned reasons, I would never own one....for the money they just aren't worth it, why would you layout that much Wonga for something that is likely not going to be good....for anything!

''Oh, it does handle like a golf!'' Why drive a Golf....when you can drive a GTi-6?
Posted 6th Sep 2013 at 16:01
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
I'd have one....

In South Africa. I couldn't be arsed staving off perpetual rust here.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 6th Sep 2013 at 16:05
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
mr west wrote:
the first thing my mate said (he does know his stuff with in the aircooled world) is that its a 72 not a 67 and would be concerned why its being sold as a 67
might be my mis heard info... the guy selling is a 25 year long mate... and there are 67 onwards early bays.... any more info gratefully received. Cant offer 5k,matt,would love to but he will sell it for more than I am offered it....

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 6th Sep 2013 at 17:24
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
Personaly dont buy it mate it will turn in to a money pit and you will start to hate it over time .. Stick to what you know best

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 6th Sep 2013 at 17:30
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
well today i went to buy a clito sport 182 with cup pack form a good mate who runs a motorsport prep company and did a deal over the phone to buy it and come and collect it without driving it first as i had heard such great stories about them, and had a few good jousts agianst them in the past in my 6.

I arrived to see an estate car out the front of his workshop which was right up my growing up and buying a sensible car street. My mrs dropped me off and said ohh thats nice is that for sale? The clio was to be a run around for a few weeks as i cant use my company vehicle at weekends so need a midlands to leeds commute car as i have sold up my 6 and rallye.

I had "spoken" with resident site clito expert roland and confirmed i was getting a sensible deal. I took the estate out for a ride and was not blown away by it until i clocked the actual speed i was cruising at, was very confortable and will double up as a tow car for my rally car and other projects. I arrived back at the workshop and my mate knew i liked it but it was double the budget of the clito. so I agreed with the mrs that we should give the clito a test as i only needed a run around until my truck comes back form its new engine rebuild.

I jumped into the clito 182 cup spec and was immediately welcomed by the blandest interior i have ever had the misfortune to sit in ( well nearly a 1982 uno beats it just). I dont know what i expected but i felt like i was in an old banger spanish rental car , the seats were unsupportive ( big lad) dials looked like home made monkey dials and stereo climate control just droll and boring. I thought well the steering wheel looks purposeful with the renault sport logo and almost motosprot dish style....i was wrong.... it felt like jelly in my hands cheap and nasty.
I started her up and took her on a 10 mile test route and felt like i was in a a very cheap tin can, in fact much worse than the rallye i have just sold. it felt cheap and tacky and to be honest, not what i thought it would be at all, especially after raves from a few freinds about them but also what evo magazine said about them for years.... it felt slow, harsh on the bumps and a strain to rev out through the gears and that was before i went for 6th...... which it doesnt have!!!!! the mrs and me said straight after the 40 mph to 100mph ( on private roads) TEST ROUTE that we both preferred the rallye.... so 10 minutes later i owned the estate car......what on earth do you clito owners rave about..... i thought it was s**te, and i am told that the one I drove is a very good example. its not for me thats sure.......

old man motorway cruise machine.... but i like it..... We are still thinking about the van...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Sep 2013 at 21:42
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #24
Looks a nice car that
Posted 8th Sep 2013 at 21:53
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #25
still thinking about the van but more than happy with this....

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Sep 2013 at 22:07

Pages (2): [1] 2