displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Milage out of a set of A048's
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I've just checked my A048's which had plenty of tread on them a few weeks back to find they are bald, which is a bit s**t. How many miles do people get out of them, I only put them on as I wasn't planning on doing many miles and just driving to/from track days but that doesn't even seem a possibility. I don't think I've done 500 miles since new on them and they are gone, I haven't even been driving that fast, I give it a hiding a few times in the lanes to test out all my new setup but that's it. Are the R888's the same? I'm planning on getting another set of wheels but I'm just wondering how many track days I can expect out of a set if they are this bad on the road?

205 GTi Red - G939 RTU - Died!
306 GTi 6 Diablo - Being resurrected! Project Thread

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 3rd Sep 2013 at 21:07
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
500 road miles is bad! How have they worn? With the correct camber you should get over 500 on track, you can obviously run them past the wear markers on circuit too Wink
Which compound are they?

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 3rd Sep 2013 at 21:49
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I've got 3 degree of camber at the moment but they have worn across the centre rather than the outside, when I say bald I've still got around 1.5-1.5-2.5 (Inner, centre, outer). They are the medium compound, I'm not sure if you can get harder, but I know that there is a super soft version which must be mental soft

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 4th Sep 2013 at 07:16
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Perhaps over inflated and too much camber for the road looking at the wear. At the end of the day even the mediums are soft so they're never gonna last brilliantly.

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 4th Sep 2013 at 07:27
jamiek_uk2000

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Nah, it is a lot of camber for the road. I've just done some miles on the road to make sure everything is bolted on properly before I track it, lucky I did I've already realised the brakes weren't fitted properly and threw a rear pad and some other teasing problems. Picking up another set of wheels for to and fro transport to the track and the odd spin when I don't want to use my van

Looking for:
VTS P1 Rack
PR1.2 16"
Posted 11th Sep 2013 at 20:58