displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Sunshine, washed 2 years of mud off, made shinies...
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Yes, the poor girl actually got a wash yesterday, no pictures though as she still looks a f**king mess LOL

Anyway, got bored waiting for the chassis foam to cure and decided I wanted even more reinforcement....how about some bolt in door bars for you ladies without cages?
They fit perfectly with the door card in, albeit if you have manual windows it's a bit of a pain opening them.
I think they'll even go in with a full interior with some slight trimming.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 7th May 2013 at 17:26
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Which structural foam do you use and where do you get it?

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 7th May 2013 at 17:56
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I've been using the 8lb/foot stuff from Bentley, although the 10 they now stock might have been better, but they didn't have that when I bought mine.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 7th May 2013 at 18:49
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Cheers Phil,

They also do 15 & 26lbs versions, would these be too brittle or would the strength increase be unproportional to the weight?

Posted 7th May 2013 at 19:27
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Overkill really, once you have enough stiffness for bonding the steel panels together and enough strength to stop it cracking, any further is just extra weight, a lot of the extra stiffness comes from constraining the panelwork which is already there.

Quick lick 'o primer 'cause I'm outa satin black:

Email me!
Posted 7th May 2013 at 20:34
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Thumbs up

Posted 7th May 2013 at 20:46
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Be up for sale shortly 'cause I'm sticking a cage in anyway LOL

Email me!
Posted 7th May 2013 at 20:47