displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Spring rates
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hello everyone, after a bit more advice.

Ive just received my 23mm bars and 30mm arb, now on the front i have some avo gtz coilovers with what i beleive to be 250lb springs, in order to maintain the same % stiffness increase i would now have to run 500lbs + springs on the front. This is way to high without a tender progressive setup surely?

So what kinda of spring rates should i be considering? What do tarmac rally guys run with your cars?

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 18th Apr 2013 at 17:10
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Everyone's different but somewhere around the 300lb region should be ok, I'd personally try it with the 250s and see what you think. 500s are too firm for that rear setup IMO. My 309 (yes I know it's not a 306 but it's got a 6 engine and is comparable) runs 500s with 25.4 bars and 28arb and it'd stand going softer on the front.

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 18th Apr 2013 at 20:17
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
~325lb should be nice, but as allenallen says, just give it a spin with the 250's first.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 18th Apr 2013 at 20:18
atterz

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Awesome guys much appreciated, i was looking around 400lb springs so im glad i didnt purchase them! Ill see what she is like and then purchase some larger (length wise) springs accordingly!

owain wrote:
A GTI-6 with a good dashboard and the seats down can outsprint an E46 M3 in July.
Posted 18th Apr 2013 at 20:37
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
What are the standard front spring rates for the gti6 and VTS cars ?

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 15th Oct 2013 at 13:16