displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Removing Lower Glovebox (Small Aircon One)
matthew_eames

Regular

Post #1
Can it be done without taking the dash out? The prevous owner of my GTI6 has managed to snap the right hand lower support (which looks like it screws to the trim piece underneath) but I can't see an easy way of getting the glovebox out of the dash to replace it...

Any ideas?

P.S.

I've managed to pick up a few of the under seat manual trays (got 2 in the hope of fitting them under both seats) but there is a reinforcing bar underneath which I'm pretty sure was not there on my HDi, anyone had any luck / have these on their cars?
Posted 3rd Apr 2013 at 21:37
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Yeah pop lower plastic cover off and their are two plastic push rods either side of the box. Pull them out and tada done. They are just below the metal rod of the dash.

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 3rd Apr 2013 at 21:43
matthew_eames

Regular

Post #3
Ah, got you, that's easier than I was thinking.... was looking for ways to remove that carpeted trim that covers the metal support, but I don't think that's coming off easily.

Thanks for the help
Posted 4th Apr 2013 at 09:27
matthew_eames

Regular

Post #4
Had a look at this and couldn't figure it out, when you say the lower plastic cover do you mean the carpeted panel that covers that support bar, or the foam backed panel which covers up the fan motor .etc?

These plastic pins, can you recall if they they pull outwards, inwards or in a downwards direction?

Cheers
Posted 5th Apr 2013 at 10:23
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
look at where the glovebox hinges, you'll see two plastic rods, slide them sideways, takes less than a minute to remove.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Apr 2013 at 11:31
matthew_eames

Regular

Post #6
That sorted it, cheers.... only problem was the pin which fired itself across towards the center console at a fair rate of knots and has hidden itself somewhere in the dash or the footwell... ah well I needed to strip the thing down anyway!
Posted 9th Apr 2013 at 21:33