displaying posts 26 to 30 of 30

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Heated Windscreen
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
blandy wrote:
Lol yeah I've currently got nothing and not to bothered about the cold but felt a bit stupid trying to keep wiping the screen after steaming up.

Prism have not got standard alternator then? never tested mine to see what it's like but last thing I want to do is blow £250 on a screen to ruin it.

I think mine is from a forklift. Only 50A output, seems to get red hot after a session on track, and higher than normal voltage on tickover but i'm not sure if thats just a dodgy reading from my cheap multimeter.
I think all in it cost around £300-£330 for the screen, delivery, VAT and someone to fit it.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 21st Mar 2013 at 21:05
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
I was thinking of eventually getting a heated screen, and bought a small 40a alternator a while ago.
Didn't really think about the amps required when I bought it, might have to do some calculations to see how much current I will eventually require

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 21st Mar 2013 at 21:16
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
Where have you guys been buying your heated screens from? Only place I can find is Ricky Evans motorsport...

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 20th Jul 2013 at 23:10
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
Yeah only place I could find was Ricky Evans Motorsport (www.heatedwindscreen.com) didn't go for one in end as got small heater but may well be changing plans and going for a windscreen this time round
Posted 20th Jul 2013 at 23:13
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
That's where i got mine from. Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 21st Jul 2013 at 11:32

Pages (2): 1 [2]