displaying posts 1 to 17 of 17

Author Subject: Comp. Safari race @ Waterbeach nr Cambridge this Sunday (17th)
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Might be going down to spectate and take a run in some mates cars if anyone fancies a trip out and wants to meet down there, bit late notice I know, but the weather forecast was s**te initially LOL
It's not gonna be dry and sunny, but we might get the odd clear bit, fecking weather Dunno

It's on the old airfield at the barracks, gates open at 8am (or you can nip down before 8pm(gates are locked at night) and camp overnight if you're particularly dedicated).

First car will be off the line at 9.30am, get there early, 'cause half the cars will be going home broken by 11am..

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 00:45
mr swampy s16

**BAD SELLER**

Post #2
Hmm interesting

May pop down
Any idea on charges to get in etc
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 06:49
devere

Senior User

Post #3
What actually is this then? I saw it was on that day, as our motor club is also running an AutoSolo at the same place that day. So I had read there was other stuff going on aswell..
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 09:13
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_pNiEhVg5k

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 09:19
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
devere wrote:
What actually is this then? I saw it was on that day, as our motor club is also running an AutoSolo at the same place that day. So I had read there was other stuff going on aswell..

Yes, I think your guys had the runway last time we were there? It was great, I got to watch autosolo as well, 2 for 1 Big grin

It's basically a cross-country rally stage - so over rougher terrain than a rally with a lower average speed, everything from people in old defenders with a car (or the freelander they take the kids to school in), through heavily modified versions, up to full spaceframed dedicated machinery.

Free to watch, free to camp Thumbs up

Onboard Clicky

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 09:55
devere

Senior User

Post #6
Yeh I have a feeling it was on the same weekend previously too.

I may see if I can drop by. Im going right by the place on the way to pick up the other halfs new HiLux, so may see if theres time to have a quick watch of either event!
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 11:07
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
If anyone local wants to go we're setting off from Rotherham around 5:30 in the morning (Yes, that FIVE, wakey wakey), might have a spare seat or two if you chip in a couple of quid for fuel if you don't want to drive down on yer tod.

Email me!
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 21:56
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Oh bugger i'd have gone if i'd known about this sooner, got plans now. Doh

Also, there are two five o clocks in one day? Huh?

Goldie the track car.
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 22:38
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
There's a little club one next weekend up at Loversall again, don't know if I'll be going to that one though, got a cage to do.

Email me!
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 23:02
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Cool, if you do go let me know and i'll come over and hopefully find it this time. Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 23:16
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Get your lazy arse up in the morning and you can nick a seat Wink

I could always test the airhorns in your cul-de-sac at half 5....

Email me!
Posted 16th Mar 2013 at 23:27
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Feck if I had of seen this I would have come.. Up in Leeds still all weekend...

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 00:46
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
I guess your air horns didnt work, or i'm just able to sleep through anything. Laugh

Goldie the track car.
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 12:48
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
LOL

Rain, wind, snow, mud, only 35 cars there 'cause half of them are still being worked on and the other half saw the weather forecast and thought "f**k it".

Doh

Email me!
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 21:57
devere

Senior User

Post #15
I drove past this morning, and thought it looked like it was going to be a bit nasty there, so when I was heading back passed later on, I kept going through the monsoon rather than even contemplate stopping for a look!!
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 22:05
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
Pansy!

You missed a few spaceframed 205/206/306's....

Email me!
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 22:08
devere

Senior User

Post #17
Well I suppose I could have watched from the luxury of the new Hilux... But then id have felt the urge to show all the other racers how its done! HAHA!
Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 22:25