Pages (19): first .. 15 [16] 17 .. last

Author Subject: M42 Speeding tickets
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #376
jsoulman wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:
jsoulman wrote:
stan_306gti6 wrote:

No, I'm concerned with people of the Jewish faith especially being distressed by such images.

Looks in Comedy Central, see's 'Hitler VS the 306 forum' stickied.... the mind baffles.

This is true, however you don't *have* to access it if you don't want to. Whereas a picture randomly placed in the muddle of a thread about speed cameras could easily be stumbled across by complete accident.

Ok so thats a point I made a few posts above. So riddle me this, what happened to threads that I made that randomly vanished with links that people could 'chose' to click on?

Not guilty with that one dude, must have been another Admin. I haven't deleted anything you created to my knowledge, except for the example I posted about above. Wink

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:45
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #377
jsoulman wrote:
what happened to threads that I made that randomly vanished with links that people could 'chose' to click on?

This is another good point, when you click on a thread started by Soulman you really do have a good idea what you're going to be getting, you only have yourself to blame if it's a buffalo on fire having sex with a gimp.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #378
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Double standards Jim?

30th June 2012 - J Soulman was banned for 1 week after a (I suspect drunken) tirade of abuse against Jewish people was posted around 3am.

I dont remember this at all? LOL
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #379
Very fair compared to some of the forums out there thats for sure...

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:46
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #380
That's just it, it hasn't and wouldn't cause offence, it's just a cheeky photoshop aimed at you. Coming down all holier than thou and deleting it just highlights your lack of perspective. You have excercised poor judgement Stan, plain and simple.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:46
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #381
owain wrote:
jsoulman wrote:
what happened to threads that I made that randomly vanished with links that people could 'chose' to click on?

This is another good point, when you click on a thread started by Soulman you really do have a good idea what you're going to be getting, you only have yourself to blame if it's a buffalo on fire having sex with a gimp.

Ok, you have a point in one sense there. But ask yourself this...

Is a car forum really the place for it? Dunno

Personally, I don't think so, but maybe that's just me. Unsure

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:47
Chris28190

Senior User

Post #382
I can hear the ban hammer swinging in soon. That picture shouldn't be deleted though it was all banter and it wasn't like they were doing anything way it? Plane and men sitting down with you sat on the dip stick.

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:47
Chris28190

Senior User

Post #383
stan_306gti6 wrote:
owain wrote:
jsoulman wrote:

Off Topic
Non car-related chat & banter ...

Dunno Dunno

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:49
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #384
beez_neez_gt wrote:
Very fair compared to some of the forums out there thats for sure...

Thank you, at last some support has arrived. Thumbs up

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:49
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #385
stan_306gti6 wrote:
owain wrote:
jsoulman wrote:

Point well made, get rid of 'Off Topic' and 'Comedy Central' because there is no need for non car related threads on a car forum.
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:50
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #386
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Is a car forum really the place for it?

Yes

Let's face it, this place is a s**t car forum. 90% of the posts on here have nothing to do with cars, and that's why people love it. It's good for banter, and it means we can pretend we're friends without having to add each other on Facebook, which is just a step too far in my book, I don't really like any of you.

Every time we go through this - if we said <adenoids voice>well this is a place to talk about cars, anything risque and it'll go</adenoids> then no-one will come here anymore, plain and simple.

How about stuff gets removed at the point someone says they find it offensive? Seriously, if someone making a Hitler joke offends you, GET THE HELL OFF THE INTERNET.

Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:50
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #387
stan_306gti6 wrote:

Stan, it's a car forum, populated by 99.9% blokes, many of us use this forum as a kind of social networking site, there has always been a healthy off topic section where guy stuff will be bandied about, sorry if this offends you but maybe instead of deleting everything in sight, perhaps it's you who needs a time out?

I'm sure the forum will flounder for a few days without your seemingly omni-presence but given time, and enough encouragement I think the rest of us would get by ok.

Think about it x

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Harness bars
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 00:54
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #388
Chris28190 wrote:
I can hear the ban hammer swinging in soon.

Not at all, for your information I didn't join the Admin Team to ban people, in fact to be perfectly honest, I absolutely *hate* doing it. Yes

I joined to help out, people were complaining about the state of the forum and they wanted something done about it. I, along with a couple of others offered to help. However, I'm sure you'll agree the forum is running smoother now than it was say 18 months ago, and I see that as a hugely positive step. Owain, you're a classic example of wanting things your way but not wanting to actually do anything. You've admitted in the past that you wouldn't take on the Admin role even if you were asked, and yet still complain about things.

I'm not surprised Ash banned you the last time you kicked off, as you want things done, yet offer no practical help and then criticise. I'm sorry if there are people out there that don't like the way myself of any other member of the Admin Team operate, however we do try to be consistant and treat everybody equally. Perhaps, as Admin I shouldn't get involved with topical debates if people are going to blame my opinions on the fact I have "power I can abuse", perhaps in future I'll just let everybody get on with their discussions and step in when absolutely necessary.

It seems sad it has come to this, but at the end of the day the Admin Team are here to do a job. Some decisions you'll support, others you won't. It's just a fact of life.

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 01:01
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #389
Stan, I appreciate you have a job to do, and its a thankless task. I get that, but you don't do yourself ant favours by wading into debates, making a target of yourself, then using your deletion and admin powerz if if all gets a bit to spicy for you.

As said, naughty stepping people for spoofing you is not part of the game and neither is deleting their posts.

Harness bars
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 01:09
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #390
stan_306gti6 wrote:
Owain, you're a classic example of wanting things your way but not wanting to actually do anything. ... you want things done, yet offer no practical help and then criticise

Erm, what the hell?

I offered to host the site for Ash. I got heavily discounted pricing from the hosting company I worked for.
I offered to completely re-write all the code.
I offered to manage the server.
I offered to tune up the database.
I offered to sort the extra storage so we didn't have to auto-delete threads.
I let Ash know when the server was running two URLs which were affecting our Google results.
I explained various ways to improve our search engine rankings.
Every time there's a technical issue with the site, I try to tag on any technical info I can work out that might be useful to Ash
I have repeatedly taken the time to write tedious, in-depth posts explaining my opinions and reasoning, if anything more than *anyone* else on this forum.

All of that Ash has thrown back in my face, despite the fact that none of it *at all* is for my benefit, but that of the club and its members. I have lost track of the number of PMs I've received from people asking me to set up another site, but I never have done because I'd rather keep this one going.

The whole point of not wanting to be an admin was because I didn't want people to think I was getting involved on the technical side so I could be a moderator, as that's not something I want to do.

So by all means delete my posts, I don't expect you to like me, I don't care if you ban me. But don't you ever fucking say I never offer to help.

Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 01:15
Puggered

Junior User

Post #391
Previously on Chelmsford-123

Stan is forced to "come out" of the "right" closet
and
Owain remains a nob.
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 03:24
beez_neez_gt

Seasoned Pro

Post #392
Popcorn smiley....

Pug fee`ver,

Pick a Bogey, buy a Pug.

Black 306 GTI 6 Standard, was 60k mileage, bargain!!

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 07:29
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #393
This is going to go the same way as every other time Stan has got over zealous with the "post editing", someone gets annoyed about it and will end up banned.

Harness bars
Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 07:33
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #394
This thread is comedy gold LOL

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 07:36
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #395
    owain wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    Owain, you're a classic example of wanting things your way but not wanting to actually do anything. ... you want things done, yet offer no practical help and then criticise

Erm, what the hell?

I offered to host the site for Ash. I got heavily discounted pricing from the hosting company I worked for.
    I let Ash know when the server was running two URLs which were affecting our Google results.
    Every time there's a technical issue with the site, I try to tag on any technical info I can work out that might be useful to Ash
    I have repeatedly taken the time to write tedious, in-depth posts explaining my opinions and reasoning, if anything more than *anyone* else on this forum.

All of that Ash has thrown back in my face, despite the fact that none of it *at all* is for my benefit, but that of the club and its members. I have lost track of the number of PMs I've received from people asking me to set up another site, but I never have done because I'd rather keep this one going.

The whole point of not wanting to be an admin was because I didn't want people to think I was getting involved on the technical side so I could be a moderator, as that's not something I want to do.

So by all means delete my posts, I don't expect you to like me, I don't care if you ban me. But don't you ever fucking say I never offer to help.

Owain, I get that I really do.

I know you've offered on more than one occasion to give support on the technical side.

However, Ash doesn't want or need your (obviously very comprehensive) technical expertise. He's quite happy running his own site. What he wanted was people on the ground to help out with the day to day running, and that's what we do. I didn't mean to offend you by saying you didn't offer to help, what I meant was that the help you offered, whilst thoughtful wasn't needed, that's all.

I know you didn't want to moderate and that's fine, but at the time that's what this place desperately need chap. Thumbs up

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 08:11
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #396
    stan_306gti6 wrote:
    owain wrote:
    stan_306gti6 wrote:

Erm, what the hell?

Owain, I get that I really do.

I know you've offered on more than one occasion to give support on the technical side.

However, Ash doesn't want or need your (obviously very comprehensive) technical expertise. He's quite happy running his own site. What he wanted was people on the ground to help out with the day to day running, and that's what we do. I didn't mean to offend you by saying you didn't offer to help, what I meant was that the help you offered, whilst thoughtful wasn't needed, that's all.

I know you didn't want to moderate and that's fine, but at the time that's what this place desperately need chap. Thumbs up

This is exactly why we go around in circles Stan. Discussions with detailed examples, negatives, proof otherwise and yet when confronted you won't admit you were inaccurate or wrong in your statement.

To summarise - You said 0wain hadn't offered to help. He proves he did in many ways perhaps some that you don't think may have made the most difference. Rather than hold your hands up and say fair enough, I can remember you did say those things, we should appreciate you offering the best in yourself; apologies and leave it at that - you twist the knife.

Just an observation.

Personally to delete posts below the belt is a great benefit, but there's umpteen people that can do that once shown the line and where it becomes crossed.

Having a site that was unreliable, slow and bug ridden with offers to turn it around into a stable, moderateable forum is another thing. Especially at a time when we didn't know if the forum would remain from one week to the next.

• Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 08:22
    stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #397
    I agree to a point Dan, and that's why I think it may be best for me just to get on and the do the job without joining into any discussion, regardless of it's topic.

That way, at least you can all fight amongst yourselves and I'll just watch knowing that there is no fault on my part.

Is that what you all want, mods who disappear into the background like Police in unmarked cars unseen until you speed past one, or would you like us to join in with the rest of the forum? It's your call.

Peugeot 306 GTi-6
    2000 (X), Moonstone Love
    Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 09:09
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #398
    Not at all. I particularly enjoy your input, and if you were to ask North the same thing I suspect he would share the same view.

Remember the saying - "Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"?

That's 0wain. In the nicest possible way of course.

• Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 09:13
    aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #399
    I believe someone said this ages ago. LOUD NOISES!!

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 09:26
    dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #400
    aaron6 wrote:
    I believe someone said this ages ago. LOUD NOISES!!

That was me before I decided I couldn't afford not to get involved Farmer

• Posted 15th Mar 2013 at 09:29

Pages (19): first .. 15 [16] 17 .. last