displaying posts 26 to 44 of 44

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: omex600 205 Turbo wont start
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
The ecu fires the fuel pump up on ignition prime so ecu isnt dead.... Need to strip out the old 1.9 ecu and tacho wiring.... Me thinks there lies the issue.... Oh and buy a decent meter and work through loom.

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 23:06
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Right I have no spark... 12 v to the red pin of tge coil but no switching live on the wasted spark system... Trying to find the switching plane feeds on the loom ecu plug.... Any auto electricians in north Wales???

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 22:21
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #28
I'm from North but I don't live there Razz

ECU doesn't switch the live, the coil gets a 12v via relay which is ignition switched and the ecu pulls down to earth.

I would try another crank sensor.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 22:29
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
This is the second crank sensor . .. Thought I had solved it when found the Omex loom connection to the cs had dropped a pin out of the connection into the loom... Sadly not. Tried to jump pins37 and 86 but still no joy...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 22:41
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #30
got a laptop hooked up to it? see if it can see crank.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 22:45
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
God my 205 loom is a mess though.anyone know a good pick up a car and drop by trailer courier.... Want to get it down to my Swindon workshop asap...run out of light to get it on lap top as its in my sisters garage with no light

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 22:46
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #32
You got fuel but no spark, or neither? If you've got fuel from the injectors then crank sensors ok. It's a switched neutral(earth) so it will always have a constant 12v to the coil. It will most likely be 12v>coil(usually via a relay)>ecu and the ecu will switch the neutral causing the coil to operate. Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, not sure how much you know about it. If there is definately 12v at the coil then you need to be checking the wiring between the coil and the ecu, best done with a multimeter, and then the ecu's earth.

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 22:57
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Cheers Pete.. Checked the ecu main earth.Thats good. Got fuel though not sure of pressure but definitrly got 12volts at the coil on one of the 3 pins.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 23:00
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #34
Doing all this on my small Android phone found a few wiring diagrams. My Omex is wired direct from ignition 1,crank live. Fuel pump utilises the dtandard fuel pump 1.9 gti via the tachometric.... I had an issue that went away when tge Turbo engine had the Omex fitted and am thinking its an ignition live feed supply. Wonder if a new ignition switch with wiring would help... But the ecu is getting 12v via a relay

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 23:05
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
That is as it should be, assuming you've got a wasted spark coil (1 coil pack with the 4 ht leads coming from it) the other 2 pins are neutrals, each operating 2 ht leads. Two cylinders get a spark at once, one cylinder sparks with no effect, hence wasted spark. Each of those neutral pins will be wired back to the ecu which then switches them accordingly. So check the wiring to both neutrals/earths. Other way to do it is to remove the plugs one at a time and make sure they are sparking...

Tried new plugs yet?!

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 23:08
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
which ecu do you have?

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 23:12
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
Lol... Got stuck.in traffic this eve so divertrd to the 205 didnt bring plugs with me but none of the plugs are sparking. Have tried to spark direct from coil plug loom side by connecting a wire and touch it off the rocker cover to see if it soarks.. It didnt. Thinking I need to chase the wires back to the ecu plug. But ita brand new loom and all one other than the ignition feed. Yes its a ford ,3pin wasted spark coil system and have replaced the coil too.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 23:14
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #38
Pete as per title Omex 600

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 23:14
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #39
Ha, I actually searched through the thread trying to find it but didn't look at the title! I'll find a wiring diagram...

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 23:15
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #40
If you find a good one post it here please. My diagram has gone walkies. Really p**sed at all this as parked it up and it was run up weekly then just stopped working. Spoken to Omex and they say the maps cant be corrupted so its either ecu complete failure or a wiring issue.. Stating the obvious I know but!!!! Pulling my hair out and wanted to do the205 drivers run to thr lakes next week...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 23:19
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #41
Can't find an actual wiring diagram but found the pin outs which is as good as...

This is all assuming the wires from you're ecu match the omex instructions... Theres a violet wire and a yellow wire coming from the coil back to the ecu, they are you're switched earths and the ecu switches them to activate the coil. You can test this by shorting the wire to earth and checking the coils sparking, if not it is likely a knackered coil pack. These wires go in the top right and top left of the ecu plug from the wiring side.

Just seen you're above post- If you've got a definite and constant 12v at the coil, if you can wire up to either of the other pins using a female spade type connector or similar and quickly short it to earth, 2 of the 4 plugs should spark. If you're not getting a spark then I would look at the coil pack, or try a different battery, just to make sure the powers there.

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 8th Mar 2013 at 23:29
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #42
Miraculously... The 205 is running.... Brother in law wired in a direct live to the ecu and cranked it over and instantly started.... Seems the old 205 wiring is dying so time to remove the old injection harness and ignition loom and put in some thing thats not dying....

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 10th Mar 2013 at 21:11
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #43
Not sure on the part number of the seal but it's off a Clio engine where you take the seals out for the Cambelt change, I just got a couple of a mate of mine.

how was it wired up without the Omex Loom?

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 10th Mar 2013 at 22:35
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
Not sure why but the main live was wired off a permenant live off the already in car loom. This has started to break down causing the ecu to only get 2.5v when cranking. Got a good ignition and starter motor harness any where Miles??? Coild you get another seal ordered and sent out asap???

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 11th Mar 2013 at 08:19

Pages (2): 1 [2]