displaying posts 1 to 25 of 44

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: omex600 205 Turbo wont start
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Right... I parked my 205 up in July ok last year before going away for 6 months. Was running sweet as a nut. Has done very little mileage. 115 miles since rolling road in June 12. Got lots of fuel, plenty getting to the rail.. Has spark... Appears to have compression as its not spinning over like a machine but just wont fire. Bought a USB to rs232 lead to talk to the ecu via my windows XP Pc and cant establish a link to the ecu...parity error...whatever that is. The ecu has a full plug and play loom connected into the cars ignition and starter loom with all the standard sensors wired directly. Car was started and run up until November no problems once a monthwhen I had an email off mh brother in law saying it wouldnt start.

This weekend I have checked the earths, fuel pump coil etc and prooved it has all the essentials of spark fuel and compression. Turning the ignition the tachometric relay through a clicking hissy fit as well as the fuel relay in the Omex loom so guessing it must have an issue somewhere there. The car makes no attempt to start and cant currently question the ecu to find out whats not configured or working correctly. A mate of mine believes Omex to have poor cold start up issues though I know the mapper did a comprehensive cold start map but did this in June when it was 20degrees warmer than it is now.... Any suggestions???? Thinking to get Omex clarify ecu is working correctly as I bought it second hand...

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 13:30
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I have no idea,
But the parity error message you get,
Could point to whatever the memory the omex uses to store a map being f**ked/corrupted.

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 13:47
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Ring omex

Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 14:12
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Check the correct com port is selected. Used the cable successfully before, or is it a cheap one? Might be duff cable.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 14:20
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
It was an expensive but not Omex cable....yeah Omex is next port... But wanted to cover anything I have forgotten before speaking to them.

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 14:47
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #6
easy checks, does the ecu get power when you turn the ignition on? by the so0unds of the relays going like the clappers there's a switched ignition live issue there, the fuel pump relays are primed for a few seconds when you power the ecu up then it will s**t off, but the coil and injectors will be live waiting for a crank signal.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 17:04
daveyboy

aka Jim Davey

Post #7
^^^ I made this mistake, when I wired the feed for the ECU I picked up a live which was present when the key was turned to the accessory (first click) position but dropped out when turned to the crank (second click) position, schoolboy error I know but it's often something simple that causes problems.

R H Davey Welding Supplies. I sell new and used welding equipment in the Hampshire area. I take on welding jobs in the evenings, ally casting repairs are one of my specialities but I can weld pretty much anything. PM me with your requirements.

Some of my services: (See my for sale threads)
Engine mount/chassis repair
Solid Beam Mounts BACK IN PRODUCTION
Harness bars
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 18:40
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
but it ran fine before sounds like a corrupt map

Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 20:02
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Not all USB adaptors work, I use a PCIMA card in my laptop as I got fed up of finding one, so if you have that slot get a card, dirt cheap too. without this you are stabbing in the dark

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 20:23
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Agree with Miles, my USB adaptor worked fine with my DTA and Race Technolgy stuff but wouldn't work with an Omex ECU... once we figured that out and found a laptop with a serial port it worked lovely.

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 20:39
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Welsh pug... I think its still priming the standard tachometric as that goes nuts as well as the ecu pump relay...I had an issue with the Turbo technics set up then found out the tacho was sometimes shutting down so replaced it but then went omex...will try a pcima card at the weekend... Is there a way to interrogate the ecu off the car as I have the ecu with me????

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 21:21
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Think you'll need the loom as well to power up the ecu and connect to it. Unless theres a plug on the ecu itself like the DTA's, in which case you just need to power it up.

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 21:26
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Yeah wishinv I still had my Dta right now... Will speak with Omex tomorrow and get a propper lead and anti lag launch control set up.....

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 21:29
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
Can you smell fuel coming out of the exhaust? The plugs on mine used to get covered in fuel if it didn't start within the first few attempts, then I had to blow torch them to burn it all off. Soon learnt that race plugs don't like cold weather and cold start maps that chuck s**t loads of fuel in. If I warmed them up first it used to start first time.

Only other thing it can be is the timing, but that should be the same as long as no ones been messing with the ecu...

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 21:31
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #15
you need to power a DTA up as well.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 21:41
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
Ecu has definitely not been touched.... Just battery went flat....plugs is my guess too. There not race plugs but are the right Turbo technics plugs. Will get some new plugs and switch them over butnow off to the malcom Wilson rally at the weekend.... My lake tour in my 205 is disappearing by the minute....

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 25th Feb 2013 at 21:54
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #17
Maybe the ECU has somehow 'lost' or damaged the installed map by the battery going flat? I'm not sure, I don't have first hand experience of using Omex, only OEM or DTA.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 13:20
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
Hoping to get my ecu in the post today to omex.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 13:29
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
Did you try using a PCMCIA card or a laptop with a serial port?

As said, the USB to Serial cables can be proper flaky.

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 16:40
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #20
Scrap it Thumbs up
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 18:07
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
Sell it and buy a DTA. Some brilliant features on the S60's onwards with things like spark and fuel checking capability. You can tell the ecu to continually spark or continually pulse the injectors so you can physically see that all cylinders are sparking and fuelling. Also built into the software is an oscilloscope so when you turn over the engine the software basically tells you at what degrees you're crank sensor is at, helps massively with initial timing and getting the engine running. Add to that really intuitive software and a decent price and you can't go wrong!

PS. If anyone knows of an S60 or S80 for sale, let me know!

Lap of the 'ring
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 20:20
miles

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
'The standard tachometric as that goes nuts as well as the ecu pump relay' Sounds very odd as you don't use the std relay in the set up, may be a issue

306 Rallye Sptint/Race Car, 205 CTI 1.9 8v to name a few

Road, Track and Race/Rally car preparation to your personal requirements,
Full Workshop & Diagnostic Facilities
New and Second parts, from Plugs to Turbo's
We now also carry out Routine Servicing
www.pugracing.com

& FB Page, https://www.facebook.com/PugRacing

Ebay; http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pug-Racing-Shop

2012/2013/2014/2019 Class Winners at Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb & Joint overall, Class record too along the way,
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 21:47
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
Thanks Pete.. After spending a grand and a Half on the ecu, loom and a cheap week at the rolling road I am stuck with with what I have...

Omex tell me the ecu cant loose the map so its back to working out the dodgy wiring. Also need to set the baud rate on the software to 36000 and should be good to interogate the ecu on fruday eve weather permitted as off to epynt on Saturday afternoon.

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 21:52
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
Miles... Yeah thats my feeling too. It was a rush for pugfest... Need to look at what controls the fuel pump supply. I am sure tacho is still involved as its definitely engaging..

Wish I could get it from north Wales to you...

x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 21:54
robthe6

Senior User

Post #25
tbh i would check crank sensor/wiring. im guessing your on wasted spark setup hence why you would be getting spark. but with sequential injection it wont fire the injectors without a signal from the crank sensor. i would check there and then check air temp / baro sensors. i know some ecu's dont like being cold. if you leave the car off the road your best of keeping them in the house. hope this helps

1997 ph1 bianca GTI6 - The looker
1996 ph1 Sigma GTI6 - Dead Sad
1999 Red Rallye - The Daily
2005 Nissan Navara D40 - Family car
1968 Mustang Coupe - The dirty little secret
Put ya foot down, put ya foot down we'll loose em easy!
Posted 5th Mar 2013 at 22:56

Pages (2): [1] 2