displaying posts 1 to 25 of 40

Pages (2): [1] 2

Author Subject: back box fitting o ring
olliexs

Post #1
hi got a new scorpion back box comming in the post ive brought a new clamp had a look the otherday and it looks like its got one of those wire mesh o ring donut things inbetween the flanges my local factor said it has not and its just an external clamp i think not some one know if theres one supposed to be there and whats its propper part name is ill go to pug thanks ollie
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 13:00
Snowman

Junior User

Post #2
I've got the same issue mate. If it was a pug back box you'd be right with just the clamp but the fitment on the scorpion is different. You'll need a clamp as well as a gasket. From what I read a late late shape Vauxhall vectra uses a similar gasket (will confirm tomorrow as I work at a motor factors and I'm taking my back box in to get one and make sure it's the correct size. You can order them from scorpion also apparently. Will post findings tomorrow.
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 13:05
rikky 🦔

Post #3
my Scorpion had an olive thing to fit inbetween the centre and backbox to seal it

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 13:13
olliexs

Post #4
i thought the standard system had one too
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 13:38
Snowman

Junior User

Post #5
No, the standard back box has a knuckle that fits inside the flange so no need for a gasket
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 13:43
olliexs

Post #6
oh ok cheers yea after some searching a vectra one looks like the one what age we looking for cheers
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 14:01
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #7
My local factors sold them for about £2, you just need somewhere that sells off the shelf random exhaust bits, good factors do then you should get one (if that makes sense lol)

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 18:43
Snowman

Junior User

Post #8
I think late 90's early 20's
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 18:46
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
jeffers wrote:
My local factors sold them for about £2, you just need somewhere that sells off the shelf random exhaust bits, good factors do then you should get one (if that makes sense lol)

Was it a compressed wire one,or graphite type?Thumbs up

Need one for mine too,be easier to have one ready to fit rather than taking mine apart to measure and order afterWink

Anyone got a Scorpion exhaust in bits that could measure theres?Mines a Scorpion full system.

http://www.clampcouk.co.uk/exhaust-repair/exhaust-gaskets/conical-ring-exhaust-gaskets/conical-ring-exhaust-gaskets.html

Red GTB1756 powered Fabia VRS daily driver,LBSC Gti6 eater........

Mac1 ZR R1 kit car build in progress.
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 21:25
rikky 🦔

Post #10
mine was a solid one rather than compression wire/mesh

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 22:14
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #11
coskev wrote:
jeffers wrote:

Need one for mine too,be easier to have one ready to fit rather than taking mine apart to measure and order afterWink

Anyone got a Scorpion exhaust in bits that could measure theres?Mines a Scorpion full system.

http://www.clampcouk.co.uk/exhaust-repair/exhaust-gaskets/conical-ring-exhaust-gaskets/conical-ring-exhaust-gaskets.html

It was solid metal the same as the one scorpion supplied! Thumbs up

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 6th Jan 2013 at 22:17
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
jeffers wrote:
coskev wrote:
jeffers wrote:

It was solid metal the same as the one scorpion supplied! Thumbs up

Ah right, can't see any listedDunno will call in at local parts place and see what they've gotThumbs up

Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 09:21
Snowman

Junior User

Post #13
I've just found a couple at work. Looks like they may be VAG group ones. Not sure on sizeing yet though as I forgot my backbox Sad
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 14:01
olliexs

Post #14
vauxhall vectra one was only taperd/chamferd on one side so was no good as the scorpian back box is taperd in and so is the standard centre pipe isnt it any other suggestions or any one got the propper part number for the scorpian part im bored of messin round allredy lol cheers
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 18:23
Snowman

Junior User

Post #15
Your right and they were compressed wires ones! Grabbed a couple from work today one was a VAG one and the other was Saab/BMW and success the Saab/BMW fitted with a clamp and some Gum Gum and no leaks. The gasket I used was a Klarius one and I will post the part no. In a second.
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 18:59
Snowman

Junior User

Post #16
This is what I used

http://www.autopartoo.com/oem/imasaf/094056.html

It fits Saab 99, BMW 524 and Volvo 700's Klarius Part No. Is SBG5AJ (if your local motor factor doesn't know the Klarius part no then there are others on the link that should cross over.
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 19:05
olliexs

Post #17
you sir are legend so youve fitted urs then did u just use a standard peugeot style clamp oh and this is curved both sides right
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 20:06
Snowman

Junior User

Post #18
Yes and yes. Sealed up a treat. Like i said just the gasket some Gum gum (awesome stuff so much better than paste) and a clamp. It was a Klarius clamp (2 bolt) not sure if it's the same as Peugeot but its what listed for both joins (cat to centre and centre to rear) if you get really stuck then let me know and I can always sort the bits out for you hopefully that number will go straight in your local factors system.
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 20:12
coskev

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
Nice oneThumbs up

GMG33's are avail on E-Bay,but price is slightly high I reckon!£4Thumbs down

Sure it will be half that price from factorsThumbs up

Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 20:50
Snowman

Junior User

Post #20
To be fair I get staff price which is cost and I didn't look to see what retail was but I'll check tomorrow. Would I took pics aswell but it was pretty dark and my oh so wonderful iPhone doesn't have a flash.
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 20:54
olliexs

Post #21
armed with loads off part numbers im off down the motor factors tmoz what i phone u got mine has
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 21:04
Snowman

Junior User

Post #22
3GS, old skool! Gonna make a move to the Galaxy S3 me thinks.
Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 21:35
Snowman

Junior User

Post #23
Quick update SBG5 is a good Klarius number the AJ is not required. Retailed at 1.90 + VAT.
Posted 8th Jan 2013 at 09:11
olliexs

Post #24
sorted got a klarious gmg33 went into euro car parts he put it into the computer came back on his computer with another part number though cheers lads hope to get the scorpian fitted on tmora lunch
Posted 8th Jan 2013 at 22:14
Snowman

Junior User

Post #25
Well done. Let us know how you get on. Drive mine properly for the first time last night, got it home an checked it over for leaks and all was good.
Posted 9th Jan 2013 at 08:13

Pages (2): [1] 2