displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: swapping engines from petrol to diesel?
205gti6_ro

Regular

Post #1
hello, ive recently bought a phase 3 xsi with a snapped cam belt for parts for my phase 2 dturbo but tbh ive let it go too far and its a dog now. the engine in it is solid tho and has never let me down so now i'm thinking about sticking my engine in the xsi.

is this possible? obviously everything's just bolt on and swap over but i was just wondering about the wiring and getting it running again? ive got both cars so got everything thats needed.

what would i need to swap over?

engine, gearbox, wiring loom, rad, clutch cable and throttle cable? fuel lines? tank?

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks Ro
Posted 25th Oct 2012 at 22:06
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #2
205gti6_ro wrote:
hello, ive recently bought a phase 3 xsi with a snapped cam belt for parts for my phase 2 dturbo but tbh ive let it go too far and its a dog now. the engine in it is solid tho and has never let me down so now i'm thinking about sticking my engine in the xsi.

is this possible? obviously everything's just bolt on and swap over but i was just wondering about the wiring and getting it running again? ive got both cars so got everything thats needed.

what would i need to swap over?

engine, gearbox, wiring loom, rad, clutch cable and throttle cable? fuel lines? tank?

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks Ro

For what I know about these things(which is minimal) I would swap engine, fuel tank and loom and then it should work! :-)

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 25th Oct 2012 at 23:55
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
Engine/gearbox, loom, fuel lines and tank. Thumbs up

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 26th Oct 2012 at 00:02
205gti6_ro

Regular

Post #4
ideal, thanks guys Smile days work easily??haha
Posted 26th Oct 2012 at 07:24
rikky 🦔

Post #5
my hdi has a diesel cooler underneath as well so you'd maybe need that. (under the chassis where the driver would sit)

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 26th Oct 2012 at 08:01
dangti6

aka JKshooter

Post #6
You'll need the engine, gearbox, loom and fuel tank eetc Thumbs up

• Senior Test Automation Engineer for the 306GTi6 Owners Club Forum Wizard

• Posted 26th Oct 2012 at 08:50