displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: ** Possible Fire warning**
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Just a heads up guys. My car has been parked facing slightly down hill for a few days and the rain has got past the bonnet seal and soaked the bonnet sound deadening thing.
Anyways the deadening fell apart and dropped all over the engine and exhaust manifold. Lucky enough I only did a ten minute journey and the exhaust didn't get hot enough to set it on fire but the car was blooming with smoke so I pulled over and at this point was s**tting it.
Lucky enough it didn't get hot enough and I managed to drench it with a can of red bull i found in the car.
I hate to think if I had gone out for a long drive and it set light, I would have been f**ked.

So in short, keep a fire extinguisher in the car as we all know these cars like to try and set alight by either leaky fuel lines or heat shields.

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 5th Oct 2012 at 22:28
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
6waysforward wrote:

So in short, remove the sound deadening and make the car faster at the same time

EFA.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 5th Oct 2012 at 22:41
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
phillipm wrote:
6waysforward wrote:

So in short, remove the sound deadening and make the car faster at the same time

EFA.

Now that's not what I said, but your way is better. Smile

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 5th Oct 2012 at 22:58
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #4
What sound deadening is that then? Whistle

(Removed back in 2006 LOL)

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 6th Oct 2012 at 07:15
rich306

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Is it sound deadening or some heat shield type thing? mine still exists on the Rallye but always wondered exactly what it was for.

Richies Project Rallye

Electrical work carried out in Portsmouth

jamiek_uk2000 wrote:
You'll need to throw money at the car. Not on parts. Just stand near your car and throw loose change at it, I find this increases performance for a short period of time
- Top Tip!!!
Posted 6th Oct 2012 at 07:41
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Man, I'd have loved to have driven past you and just thought "Is that Ben pouring Red Bull over his smoking engine on the A130?"

Would definitely have dropped anchor in the middle of the road, taken a picture and it would've been up on this forum before you even got home.

I trust the Pug so little that it barely has anything left and I still have an extinguisher in the car Yes

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 6th Oct 2012 at 09:50
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Hey, try having the main fuel line come off the injector rail in the middle of coventry.
Thank f**k it didn't go up Shock

Nothing to see here
Posted 6th Oct 2012 at 21:36
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #8
adam b wrote:
Hey, try having the main fuel line come off the injector rail in the middle of coventry.
Thank f**k it didn't go up Shock

I've had something similar whereby one of the o-rings leaked on the rail spraying fuel out between the rail and the injector! Shock

It was a tad worrying at the time. Yes

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 7th Oct 2012 at 10:40