displaying posts 1 to 25 of 93

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 .. last

Author Subject: main dealer cock up
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #1
another what would you do type of thread........

went to the vauxhall dealer near me today looking for a car for the mrs, she wants a astra sri 150bhp cdti,

dealer didnt have one but had a look on the system and found one for at another garage for 9k, sales manager was very eager for me to sign but as any bloke does i like my balls attached so had to consult the mrs, went on the main dealer website and there it was for 8k Shock now i know theres associated costs bringing it up here but thats taking the p!ss,
so my plan is to go in tomorrow, finalize the paperwork etc and pull out my printed copy of the website, sound fair?
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 20:55
footah212

Senior User

Post #2
rallye1999 wrote:
another what would you do type of thread........

went to the vauxhall dealer near me today looking for a car for the mrs, she wants a astra sri 150bhp cdti,

dealer didnt have one but had a look on the system and found one for at another garage for 9k, sales manager was very eager for me to sign but as any bloke does i like my balls attached so had to consult the mrs, went on the main dealer website and there it was for 8k Shock now i know theres associated costs bringing it up here but thats taking the p!ss,
so my plan is to go in tomorrow, finalize the paperwork etc and pull out my printed copy of the website, sound fair?

Sounds like they were trying to pull a fly one. Do you really want to give them the business? Could you get the same car from another branch?

Phase 2 Blaze GTi6

PS3 - Black Ops 2

Engine crane for hire Renfrewshire
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 21:08
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #3
at the end of the day ive used the garage for a while now for services, mot's etc, so wont wright it off over one experience, at the end of the day its still a vaux approved car with warentee etc
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 21:32
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #4
Where is the various in relation to you.Tbh it ain't cheap transporting cars cross country but 1k does seem excessive
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 21:35
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Tell him your going to the other garage to get the car as its 1k cheaper.
When he says he will get it to your local for 8k, then say you would rather buy it from them as there not trying to rip you off. Make him squirm and get it even cheaper.

Or at least haggle for a free service/extras etc because he nearly took you for a grand.

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 21:38
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #6
roland rat wrote:
Where is the various in relation to you.Tbh it ain't cheap transporting cars cross country but 1k does seem excessive

its in bristol
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 21:43
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #7
6waysforward wrote:
Tell him your going to the other garage to get the car as its 1k cheaper.
When he says he will get it to your local for 8k, then say you would rather buy it from them as there not trying to rip you off. Make him squirm and get it even cheaper.

Or at least haggle for a free service/extras etc because he nearly took you for a grand.

i like your style
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 21:43
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #8
Well bristol to rear isn't exactly down the road is it so I'd say anything under 300 to get it to you is cheap!
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 21:49
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #9
Well bristol to rear isn't exactly down the road is it so I'd say anything under 300 to get it to you is cheap!
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 21:54
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Tell em its 8k or you'll go to fetch it yourself at 7750

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 21:58
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #11
my friend used to work at that dealers a couple of years ago and he said it was around 300 to send it to another dealers
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 22:10
davewagon

Senior User

Post #12
Show the missus the 9k paperwork, buy it for 8k and spend the 1k left on yourself, you've earned it !

Team: Moonstone GTI-6™
Team: Working air-con™

ian7675 wrote:
Remember....a 6 isn't just a car, it's a part time job Thumbs up
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 22:10
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #13
damn!!! why didnt i think of that, i could have spent it on random s**te, F@CK
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 22:26
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #14
rallye1999 wrote:
roland rat wrote:

its in bristol

I'm off to buy it tomorrow yours for 8.5k

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 22:51
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #15
thugpuggin wrote:
rallye1999 wrote:
roland rat wrote:

its in bristol

I'm off to buy it tomorrow yours for 8.5k

deliver it and youve got a deal
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 22:58
ash

Six Addict

Post #16
If I saw it online for £8k I'd now offer £7500.
Posted 1st Oct 2012 at 23:22
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
Bear in mind (and I bought exactly the same car, from a dealer) at that kind of price they're making next to no money. They're probably only bothering because you're an existing customer, whilst I'm not suggesting you pay more than the £8k you'll honestly struggle to get any more off. That salesman could be off selling someone a new car and making thousands in one transaction, he won't bother wasting his time on making a few hundred on a second-hand motor.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 2nd Oct 2012 at 07:36
rallye1999

Senior User

Post #18
im just going to ring the salesman today and say ill have it, then when i go down ill bring it up with them
Posted 2nd Oct 2012 at 08:21
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #19
rallye1999 wrote:
im just going to ring the salesman today and say ill have it, then when i go down ill bring it up with them

I wouldn't say you'll definitely have it, he might start doing all the paperwork before you get there and be less inclined to change the price. Say you'll come down and you're keen, but need to talk to him about it.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 2nd Oct 2012 at 08:22
anth

Seasoned Pro

Post #20
owain wrote:
Bear in mind (and I bought exactly the same car, from a dealer) at that kind of price they're making next to no money. They're probably only bothering because you're an existing customer, whilst I'm not suggesting you pay more than the £8k you'll honestly struggle to get any more off. That salesman could be off selling someone a new car and making thousands in one transaction, he won't bother wasting his time on making a few hundred on a second-hand motor.

true that.
Posted 2nd Oct 2012 at 10:16
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
Depends if the salesman is any good or not.. If he is then he will say there has been some kind of mistake and the car is 9k, but will make it feel like he is doing you a favour by getting it down to 8k. But he will probably haggle at about 8.5k.
Posted 2nd Oct 2012 at 12:39
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
anth wrote:
owain wrote:
Bear in mind (and I bought exactly the same car, from a dealer) at that kind of price they're making next to no money. They're probably only bothering because you're an existing customer, whilst I'm not suggesting you pay more than the ������£8k you'll honestly struggle to get any more off. That salesman could be off selling someone a new car and making thousands in one transaction, he won't bother wasting his time on making a few hundred on a second-hand motor.

true that.

Not entirely true, car salesmen are targetted on selling 2nd hand cars too. They have to get rid of them, they cant just focus on selling new cars. Thats what it was like at Honda anyway. You need to sell at least a car each day too so the push is always there.
Posted 2nd Oct 2012 at 12:41
yippeekayay

Seasoned Pro

Post #23
ash wrote:
If I saw it online for £8k I'd now offer £7500.

Yes

Ash and I say the only way to go....

306 less for first time in nearly 7 years. Lets keep it that way... please refuse any offers i make to buy your 306 ( doctors letter supplied by request)

Marmite and cheese sandwiches anyone???

Burns and Mcrae will be forever missed.
x box "yippeekayaymofo"
Posted 2nd Oct 2012 at 12:46
jsoulman

Seasoned Pro

Post #24
yippeekayay wrote:
ash wrote:
If I saw it online for �£8k I'd now offer �£7500.

Yes

Ash and I say the only way to go....

Who wants to bet with me? Car sells for 8k or more! Loser has to post a photo of themselves doing something ridiculous!
Posted 2nd Oct 2012 at 12:51
Chris28190

Senior User

Post #25
8500 or more

Cherry Rallye '99 - Sold
Posted 2nd Oct 2012 at 12:52

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 .. last