displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: KW V2 Innox
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Got a chance to buy a set of these, just wondering what peoples views are on them? All i can find are good things about them but just wondering how firm they are? TBH the only car ive ever been in with coilovers was a mates 306 with Vmaxx crappy ebay things which might as well be welded up. The car is used as a daily occasionally so want some comfort there still. Currenty got B4s with Eibach springs and these are nice and comfortable but could be a bit firmer when pressing on!

Cheers guys
Posted 23rd Sep 2012 at 22:33
Matt_rallye

Regular

Post #2
If you buy them ill take your b4s.....
Posted 23rd Sep 2012 at 22:41
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Already got a buyer....you can pick them up for £100 new
Posted 23rd Sep 2012 at 22:43
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I've got some on my track car and i'm personally happy with them, though i havent tried any others so have nothing to compare against, they are acceptable on the road too, though i dont think i'd be so keen if it was my daily driver.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 23rd Sep 2012 at 23:52
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
prism7guy wrote:
I've got some on my track car and i'm personally happy with them, though i havent tried any others so have nothing to compare against, they are acceptable on the road too, though i dont think i'd be so keen if it was my daily driver.

Exactly this. Dunno if I'd bother paying for the inox, but if you're driving it around on the road in the wet all the time I guess it might be worth it.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 07:13
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
owain wrote:
prism7guy wrote:

Exactly this. Dunno if I'd bother paying for the inox, but if you're driving it around on the road in the wet all the time I guess it might be worth it.

I would personally pay the extra for the inox, most steel bodied coilovers i've seen have loads of corrosion after not too long. I bought mine second hand though so i couldnt really be picky over which type i got. LOL

Goldie the track car.
Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 07:32
owain

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Yeah if you're to be using them on the road then maybe consider it, but I'd possibly suggest if it's a daily driver then KWs are overkill and not the best choice.

Mine are the standard galvanised steel and they're like this after a couple of years, track + between driving only.

That's with no attempt to clean them, I'm sure they'd spruce up if you were that bothered.

Membership expiring soon, get in contact on our new little forum project.
Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 07:36
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #8
My shiny ast's are still shiny, i preffered the ride on them massively over kw's

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 09:27
cjm_harris

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
*Newb question*
Whats the Inox? just different material made from?

I bought mine second hand and have done about 10k miles on the road. This is a pic from a month or so back. Gave them a wipe over with a damp cloth (no proper cleaning)

After a quick look on the KW website, looks like mine are Inox ones?

Chris
1999 China Gti6 Supercharged Devil [Fun car] >>Project Thread<<
2000 Bianca 306 Diesel [Work runabout]
Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 13:49
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #10
inox is the foreign word for stainless, yours do look like them, the cheaper ones are yellow Zinc plated as posted by Owain.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 13:52
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Stainless, stay shiny longer but don't dissipate heat as well.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 24th Sep 2012 at 14:26