displaying posts 26 to 30 of 30

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Drive shafts getting f**ked
niw

Junior User

Post #26
Gonna get the car checked on saturday.

Do any of you guys know if the bumpstops from the original suspension will fit my KW v2 coilovers?
Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 20:22
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
So there is quite a lot of float on the shafts and they should be at that height.

Are you using original Peugeot wishbones and balljoints? Not unknown for aftermarket "OE" stuff to be out of kilter and that will kill shafts quickly. How are they dying - whats pulling apart?

Nothing to see here
Posted 27th Sep 2012 at 20:32
niw

Junior User

Post #28
Had a Peugeot mechanic look at the car and he tightned my steering rack as it was making some strange knocking noises as well.

This did not help the shaking, but the thing with my driveshafts seemed to be a manufacturing failure, so I got a refund on those.

This is getting really annoying with the whole car shaking under accelaration Sad
Posted 15th Oct 2012 at 08:41
niw

Junior User

Post #29
Ok, so I found the problem.

I had my KW v2 mounted and lowered 60mm compared to the ride hight it was on the original ones (which may have sunken a bit over the years), which turned out to be too much as it killed my driveshafts (the short ones) twice.

I then mounted back the original springs and dampers and fitted "new" driveshafts, just to test and the problem has dissapeared.

The only thing left to test for me is to mount back the KW v2's and raise it up to maximum height, to see if that can work, though I never had trouble with any of my other cars being lowered to the max.

Also, it won't be that big of a deal as my car is a track toy and looks aint the most important thing, i'm just hoping that it will work with the kw v2's and they aint broken, so I won't have to bin these and get some others.
Posted 15th Nov 2012 at 07:27
niw

Junior User

Post #30
Maximum height on the KW's seems to be good too, gotta try a bit of lowering now Wink
Posted 13th Dec 2012 at 19:05

Pages (2): 1 [2]