displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Faulty coil pack?
astragsi237

Regular

Post #1
Ever since I bought the car two months ago its had a miss fire on start up for a while & then clears after a few minutes & when driving on half throttle in almost any gear (mainly 5th/6th)

I've since changed the plugs for a set of new ones,which leads me to think it could be faulty coil packs?? Is there anyway to test them before I fork out £165 for a new set??

Cheers

Phase 1 bianca white GTi-6:SOLD
Phase 2 blaze yellow d-turbo:Off to scrap heaven
Phase 2.5 platinum silver GTi-6:Just purchased :-D
Posted 11th Sep 2012 at 19:58
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Check you dont have a hole in your zorst to mate. I had the same issue and it was a combination of hole and loose coilpack clip

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 11th Sep 2012 at 20:05
astragsi237

Regular

Post #3
I've fitted a Magnex cat-back exhaust last month,the rest of the system looked ok too.The cars done 147k now so I wouldn't be surprised if it needs new coil packs,Its needed a few pounds chucked at it already.

Phase 1 bianca white GTi-6:SOLD
Phase 2 blaze yellow d-turbo:Off to scrap heaven
Phase 2.5 platinum silver GTi-6:Just purchased :-D
Posted 11th Sep 2012 at 20:20
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #4
If you do have a coil pack issue it *might* show up on a diagnostic test and tell you which cylinder it is occuring on. Yes

Failing that, on a cold start up when it's misfiring disconnect one coil pack at a time (reconnecting it before you move onto the next) and see if the engine noise changes. When you disconnect one and there is no difference you know the issue is occuring on this cylinder. Wink

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 12th Sep 2012 at 10:38