displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: Larger fire-ring
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
The fire-ring going between the mid-pipe and the backbox is rattling like mad on the car.

I've recently undone the clamp to find where the leak was, turned out the backbox and mid-pipe don't line up very well so the leak was around the join. Wrapped it in exhaust tape and that seems to have helped a lot!

The fire-ring was covered in carbon deposit so I've cleaned it up and it now rattles a lot.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 2nd Sep 2012 at 22:30
Rich E Forum Admin

Post #2
As the standard system doesn't use any kind of ring on the mid-to-rear joint I'll assume you have an aftermarket system, in which case the best thing to do would be to pop down to any decent exhaust place and I'm sure they'll have a range of different sizes on the shelf.

Rich
Posted 2nd Sep 2012 at 22:34
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Cheers Rich. Yup, it's a Scorpion cat-back so not standard. Not a fan of it to be honest, might look at getting a Powerflow backbox as that's what the track car has got and it sounds much better!

Rallye Race Car
Posted 2nd Sep 2012 at 22:40
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #4
Rich E wrote:
As the standard system doesn't use any kind of ring on the mid-to-rear joint I'll assume you have an aftermarket system, in which case the best thing to do would be to pop down to any decent exhaust place and I'm sure they'll have a range of different sizes on the shelf.

This ^^ I got one from my local motor factors for bout a quid and a half or thereabouts!

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 3rd Sep 2012 at 08:44
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Take the mid pipe and back box into a local car factors and find a fire ring that fits.
Then purchase a couple of spare ones for the future, or note down the part number.

Or you can just ring scorpion and get them to send you one.

I have a piper system that uses then so i ordered new ones from them. Then took the new ones into my local factors and matched them up.

Smile

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 3rd Sep 2012 at 11:34