displaying posts 101 to 125 of 230

Pages (10): first .. 4 [5] 6 .. last

Author Subject: Nialls GTi6
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #101
Better to have all these problems now rather than on the rollers buddy!

Charger will be quiet now, wait till it's piped up and boosting! Hyper

www.bridgecraftmotorsport.co.uk

Facebook
Posted 4th Feb 2014 at 19:48
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #102
T99PUG wrote:
that sounds like its idling quite steady for a base map, are you still running a stepper motor idle valve or are using scatter spark?

Its not a base map mate. Its a proper map for a standard GTi engine so should be a bit better Smile
Im running a stepper motor idle valve. Using the standard one but relocated.

Allen, yeah everything went really well to start with so something had to go wrong LOL Could of been worse though, i think i would of cried if there had of been something wrong with the engine its self.
Posted 4th Feb 2014 at 20:17
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #103
Well done, first hurdle dealt with Thumbs up

Just Drive It
Posted 4th Feb 2014 at 20:47
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #104
Nice work Niall keep it up hope you get a good result Thursday. get a nice safe map in place and you'll have a great setup.

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 4th Feb 2014 at 20:59
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #105

And this is where it all went wrong....

Today i got bugger all done due to the weather. Fitted the oil cooler, replaced the oil and a few other bits

(ignore the bodged silicone hose. That is temporary lol)

Posted 5th Feb 2014 at 20:03
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #106
How'd you get on today did it get mapped mate?

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 16:01
jimmyrallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #107
Was thinking the same how did you get on ?

"Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off."
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 18:00
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #108
Mapping was canceled. Ive had some personal issues pop up and the car just wasn't ready.
Its re booked for March 7th and until then, i will run it NA. Today, i got the wiring sorted out and took it for a test drive down to Guildford and back (45 mile journey). Overall, it was pretty spot on. At the moment, I've got an earth fault meaning my NS head light comes on and off and when its off, that indicator doesn't work. Also, some of the dash lights are on dim. Also have a oil leak from the water/oil heat exchanger which i need to sort before it goes anywhere again as it did half a litre of oil on the journey! Overall though, the engine seems nice and smooth, has quietened right down now its got some oil around it and runs very smoothy (considering its on a map that was done on another car). Between now and the 7th, i need to get some miles on it and get all the little niggles fixed.
Oh and get my EPAS pump fitted as that is a complete bas**rd to steer lol
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 18:05
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #109
Bummer Sad Was looking forward to seeing the results, will need to be patient for a month though.

Best to have it as required before mapping though so wise choice Thumbs up

Just Drive It
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 18:37
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #110
Yeah i was looking forward to getting it on the rollers but its for the best. The car could of been mapped but ideally, it still needs things sorting.
Also gives me time to source a smaller pulley for the charger.
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 19:14
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #111
Bugger! Not to worry though, like you say a month to iron out the niggles and you'll be confident to take it come march.
My mates untested turbo'd 6 went for mapping a few weeks back and developed a fault before it hit the rollers, had to tailer it home sort out the minor problem then trailer it back the following week! Doubled the price of mapping Sad

Facebook
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 20:47
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #112
allanallen wrote:
Bugger! Not to worry though, like you say a month to iron out the niggles and you'll be confident to take it come march.
My mates untested turbo'd 6 went for mapping a few weeks back and developed a fault before it hit the rollers, had to tailer it home sort out the minor problem then trailer it back the following week! Doubled the price of mapping Sad

was that the one you posted on the 205 forum? Looked really well done that!
If i had of taken it today, it would of dropped all of its oil all over the rollers so i doubt they would of been too happy with me LOL
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 21:02
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #113
Yeah that's the one buddy, it made 279bhp and over 250ftlb! It's bloody quick!

I had a driveshaft boot come off last time I was on the rollers, I enjoyed cleaning that up I tell you! Razz

Facebook
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 21:12
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #114
allanallen wrote:

I had a driveshaft boot come off last time I was on the rollers, I enjoyed cleaning that up I tell you! Razz

You know, i really did consider a turbo 6. Would of much preferred a turbo over charger but would of been substantially more expensive. So far, this has been a relatively cheap build.
Yeah i bet and thats why i want to get that leak sorted. a) i don't want a seized engine and Cool i don't think they would be too fond of me with 5.5 litres of oil all over their expensive rollers LOL

Anyway, won round to the charger now. Took it for its first proper drive today and love the noise!
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 21:22
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #115
The 306 turbo thing is a bit weird, seen quite a few people start and complete projects but then they just disappear and nothing more really comes of them. I think if you chase anything over 300bhp it starts to get way too expensive :-(

Just Drive It
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 21:25
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #116
rallyestyle wrote:
The 306 turbo thing is a bit weird, seen quite a few people start and complete projects but then they just disappear and nothing more really comes of them. I think if you chase anything over 300bhp it starts to get way too expensive :-(

Yeah i did consider it but would of then had to of spent 1k minimum on rods and pistons and then 500+ on a manifold.
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 21:28
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #117
I took the lad out in my charged 205 after he'd had his turbo one mapped. He wished he'd supercharged his! Razz I'm talking proper supercharger not a rotrex Wink having driven his, it's fast and fun but I'd not swap him for mine.

Turbo ing can be done cheaply, his is a standard engine with a pulsar t28 and a homemade manifold using a standard mani for the bends.

Facebook
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 21:45
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #118
allanallen wrote:
I took the lad out in my charged 205 after he'd had his turbo one mapped. He wished he'd supercharged his! Razz I'm talking proper supercharger not a rotrex Wink having driven his, it's fast and fun but I'd not swap him for mine.

Turbo ing can be done cheaply, his is a standard engine with a pulsar t28 and a homemade manifold using a standard mani for the bends.

Yeah must admit, i much prefer the idea of eaton chargers. I know they are not as efficient and noisier (not that i see that as an issue) but cheaper, seem to be more reliable (unless you try and use them as a metal compacter like me Sad ) and less hassle.
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 22:02
JWP EFi

Turbo Legend!

Post #119
allanallen wrote:

Have you got a link for that mate? Wouldnt mind a read of it
Posted 6th Feb 2014 at 22:05
allanallen

Seasoned Pro

Post #120
There's no build thread as he's not really on any forums, there's a few pics here in a thread I started. There wasn't much interest so I didn't add a deal to it!
http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=155848&hl=

Niall, noise is the only downfall with mine to be honest. saying that I've made no attempt to quieten it down, you could though relatively easily

Facebook
Posted 7th Feb 2014 at 06:06
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #121
allanallen wrote:

Niall, noise is the only downfall with mine to be honest. saying that I've made no attempt to quieten it down, you could though relatively easily

Yeah I've seen a few videos of 205s with them in and been in one and they ae quite loud but the 306 seems to be much quieter at the moment (although i know it won't be once its all plumbed up) but if i don't get on too well with the noise, I'm going to try and fit the original air box with a decent filter in it which should quieten it down a bit.
Posted 7th Feb 2014 at 09:31
pete-gti

Seasoned Pro

Post #122
Too project mate :-) , hope to see this one day
Posted 7th Feb 2014 at 10:10
Niall

Seasoned Pro

Post #123
Thought i should update this. Mapping is this friday and we are currently here:

Boost piping is fitted, car runs fine N/A so now just needs filling with fuel and loading onto the transporter Big grin

And a little video of it. Its in NA form here but the charger is mounted just so i could have the aux belt running. Gives you a idea of the noise anyway Big grin
Posted 4th Mar 2014 at 22:37
rallyestyle

Seasoned Pro

Post #124
love the whine Love Need that noise on mine now Doh

Just Drive It
Posted 4th Mar 2014 at 22:58
morbidio

Junior User

Post #125
Your air filter looks pretty small, if I were you I would buy a bigger one. Smile

Peugeot 306 Dimma Coupe N/A -95
Posted 4th Mar 2014 at 23:05

Pages (10): first .. 4 [5] 6 .. last